Tarasha's race

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Poll: What would you like her to be (22 member(s) have cast votes)

What would you like her to be

1. Half-Rackshasa (11 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Full Rackshasa (with abilities of race (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Full Rackshasa (with some abilities lost due to spawn of bhaal thing) (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

4. Other (please specify) (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:21 PM

please vote if you can i'm voting other so when i log in i don't have to hit show votes so don't let that sway you

#2 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 08:47 PM

well the anti-rakasha would need a different origion then chevar's idea, as the rakasha in dnd don't have that origion, their just le spirits that prey on humans. so would their counters be cg and hunt the rakasha, don't the djinni already have that job?
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#3 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 11:35 PM

well the anti-rakasha would need a different origion then chevar's idea, as the rakasha in dnd don't have that origion, their just le spirits that prey on humans. so would their counters be cg and hunt the rakasha, don't the djinni already have that job?

In the bg2 game there are a couple djinn with that 'job', but they're not racial enemies.

Hmm, then where did the AD&D raksha come from? Or are you proposing that all of the creatures without a listed history (nearly all of the AD&D monsters) suddenly appear after the planet eating space dragon farted?

(For the newcommers the planet eating space dragon was an entry in Dragon Magazine ages ago. It was created to dal with characters that were too big for their britches - they needed something after cutting the Cthulu mythos from Dieties and Demigods)

Raksha exist within hindu mythology. I've seen some text in which they paralell the Succubus/Incubus, but seduce in non sexual manners, and eat the body not merely the soul.

They were taken from Hindu myth, so it's logical that this is where their origins must reside.
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#4 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 09 October 2004 - 07:33 AM

i think i may take chevar's idea about navashi add a little mr and some spell casting ability a little dia with trademeet djinn and rackshasa and some more with others of course

#5 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:28 AM

plenny djinn are evil

#6 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:30 AM

i need to know who wants to be part of my mod team officially

#7 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 09:00 AM

Full rak... who cares about game-balance, since ToB came? If its a little easier for a full rak to kill spellcasters it ain't botherin' me.

#8 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:33 AM

work has halted until i can request a forum and before i do that i must know my team oh and silver than she can kill you

#9 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:05 AM

oh and silver than she can kill you

No, of course not. I always keep clay golems with me. They can haste too :lol: .

#10 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 10 October 2004 - 04:45 PM

she can always hit them with the flat of her blade albeit isn't as much damage but it still works

Edited by dragonlord, 10 October 2004 - 04:45 PM.

#11 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:50 PM

she can always hit them with the flat of her blade albeit isn't as much damage but it still works

You haven't talked to the right people. the best way to defeat Claygolems is by using a +3 hairdryer of extra drying..
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#12 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:06 AM

alright i'm gonna write awake and possibly chevar as my team if you don't want to or if anyone else want to be on my team let me know

#13 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:46 PM

Awake Chevar you are officially considered part of my team congrats and if anyonewants to help i say come join this bard in a tale of truly epic proportions :D B)

#14 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 09:10 PM

Awake Chevar you are officially considered part of my team congrats and if anyonewants to help i say come join this bard in a tale of truly epic proportions :D B)

The WTP takes nearly all of my time, sorry other than an irea here and there I can't be much help. I'm trying to get everything figgured out so I can try to get the developer's kit released ASAP.

Project Forum

#15 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 06:49 AM

Awake Chevar you are officially considered part of my team congrats and if anyonewants to help i say come join this bard in a tale of truly epic proportions :D  B)

The WTP takes nearly all of my time, sorry other than an irea here and there I can't be much help. I'm trying to get everything figgured out so I can try to get the developer's kit released ASAP.

i have to agree almost entirely w/ Chevar there. except for the getting the developer's kit out..... it may be a little early to be thinking about that....
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#16 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 07:41 AM

Awake Chevar you are officially considered part of my team congrats and if anyonewants to help i say come join this bard in a tale of truly epic proportions :D  B)

i have to agree almost entirely w/ Chevar there. except for the getting the developer's kit out..... it may be a little early to be thinking about that....

Nope, it's part of my masterplan ;)

Don't worry it's my deadline, and mine alone.

Project Forum

#17 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:26 AM

aah :o than i have no one to help :(

#18 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 08:39 AM

aah :o than i have no one to help :(

You'll get used to it.. that's pretty much par for the course in the modding community.. everyone has their own project(s).

the WTP is a HUGE project, but I only managed to get two other people involved. Don't get discouraged. Just ask for help when you need it. There's sol-ek-sa for graphical help (banners, bams, protraits), the help forums and turotials. I'm out here for raw concept help, and there are oodles that will offer a pointer here and there.

Your mod isn't as big a project as it may feel. TC's are where the real help's needed. Look at projects like DLTC as an example of how time consuming some mods can be.

Project Forum

#19 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:38 PM

Don't worry about getting team members. You'll learn what you need to know as you go along, and most of it really isn't that hard--it just seems that way sometimes. ;)

Here's a resource you really should bookmark if you want to do any modding whatsoever:

http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/

Just poke around a bit. It explains script and dialog trigger and actions, what all the files do, etc.

#20 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:35 PM

ohh otay
ps not a typo