Photo

Bug Report Thread

• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

#361 -Myrtar-

-Myrtar-

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

Well I've found it, and it work! Thank you very much :)

#362 -Charname-

-Charname-

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:56 PM

Accidental cross-mod catastrophe! I LOVE NPC mods for infinity games (I little too much, really. I may have a problem) so I have basically all of them installed. So, naturally, I have Gavin by Gibberlings. Great mod, lots of detail, but with a meh character. That being said, there's a part in BG2 where you find Gavin's engagement ring in the opening dungeon, if you romanced him. That's all well and good, but for some unknown reason, when you place Edwin/Bodhi's heart on the alter to resurrect him, it stops you to give a dialog. Instead of the normal one asking for your hair/blood, it's the dialog you get when you find Gavin's ring! Don't know how, why, or even if you can fix it, but there it is. After I uninstalled Gavin the dialog fired normally. After I reinstalled him, there were no more problems that I found later on, but if I re-loaded, I still had the same, random, very specific glitch. 

Love, Charname (no, not that one)

#363 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:32 AM

Accidental cross-mod catastrophe! I LOVE NPC mods for infinity games (I little too much, really. I may have a problem) so I have basically all of them installed. So, naturally, I have Gavin by Gibberlings. Great mod, lots of detail, but with a meh character. That being said, there's a part in BG2 where you find Gavin's engagement ring in the opening dungeon, if you romanced him. That's all well and good, but for some unknown reason, when you place Edwin/Bodhi's heart on the alter to resurrect him, it stops you to give a dialog. Instead of the normal one asking for your hair/blood, it's the dialog you get when you find Gavin's ring! Don't know how, why, or even if you can fix it, but there it is. After I uninstalled Gavin the dialog fired normally. After I reinstalled him, there were no more problems that I found later on, but if I re-loaded, I still had the same, random, very specific glitch. 

Love, Charname (no, not that one)

This sounds like a bug in the Gavin mod (a toplevel state with insufficient state triggers).

#364 -HammyH-

-HammyH-

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:42 AM

Not a bug, but more of a mod balance question.  Seems like this is the most recent forum discussion, so I'll put it here. Up to this point, I've had no real bugs with this mod and I am using a heavily modded BGT.

Yan pickpockets Darkaras easily for all his items prior to the RW/lich fight.   Two are little too good for my stage (xbow +10, dagger +5), yet each has a detailed description.  

Was it meant for the PC to aquire these?  Or why give these items nice descriptions and make him easy to pp?

#365 -HammyH-

-HammyH-

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:07 PM

A bug near the very end when talking with his mother.   The very last convo option where you say if you love him or not really -> if you choose not really (option 2), Edwin gets mad and goes away ..maybe?  Cut scene does not end so had to kill game...guess I'll never know..

Fun mod.

#366 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:48 AM

Not a bug, but more of a mod balance question.  Seems like this is the most recent forum discussion, so I'll put it here. Up to this point, I've had no real bugs with this mod and I am using a heavily modded BGT.

Yan pickpockets Darkaras easily for all his items prior to the RW/lich fight.   Two are little too good for my stage (xbow +10, dagger +5), yet each has a detailed description.  

Was it meant for the PC to aquire these?  Or why give these items nice descriptions and make him easy to pp?

Dekaras has some mis-indexing in his inventory that may be involved. Regardless, his weapons will be unpickable in the next version.

A bug near the very end when talking with his mother.   The very last convo option where you say if you love him or not really -> if you choose not really (option 2), Edwin gets mad and goes away ..maybe?  Cut scene does not end so had to kill game...guess I'll never know..

Fun mod.

This should be fixed in the next version.

#367 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:31 PM

Having just returned to playing BG2 after quite some time, many thanks to those who have kept this mod alive and functional! I am currently running through it on BG2 EE, Steam version, and everything has worked perfectly until I ran into a problem. After the Red Wizard fight, the teleport ring is not recognized by the game as a working item, and so I am stuck in the room without a door wondering why I thought it was a good idea to write myself into a corner like this, so to speak.

Anyway, does anybody know if there is a way to fix this? It would be a pity if I had to ditch EE just to make Edwin behave himself. Upon (Re)Installing the mod, it says it is installed with warnings, but I can't see a way to check what those warnings actually are. The other mods I'm running are the BG2 Tweak pack, some components of Big Picture, and Improved Asylum fight.

Edited: Never mind - I figured out what I was doing wrong, and the teleport did work. Still curious about the 'warnings' though.

Edited by Laufey, 25 March 2016 - 01:34 AM.

#368 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:24 AM

Still curious about the 'warnings' though.

If you still have the DEBUG file from the install that produced the warnings and upload it, I can take a look.

#369 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 31 March 2016 - 01:11 PM

Still curious about the 'warnings' though.

If you still have the DEBUG file from the install that produced the warnings and upload it, I can take a look.

Fraid I think I've misplaced it by now. :) There was no problem in game though, I've finished the SoA portion of the romance with not a single hiccup.  Of course, now I also got a little taken aback by the recent Beamdog automatic update which seems to have broken just about everything mod-related, I guess I haven't got used to playing this game over Steam yet. Is re-installing likely to fix things, or does it require anything else? If so, please let me know if I can do anything, I may be a writer and not a coder, but I can still do the grunt-work of playtesting things.

#370 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:23 AM

Ah well, it seems that yesterday's Steam update really messed things up with the dialouge, which is strange given that it looked like it should only affect the ui. Anyway, upon attempting flirts, the wrong dialogue options for Edwin are displayed, and I get snippets of his ToB dialogue instead of the flirt options. Tried fully uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, but the problem remains.

Attached Files

#371 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:37 AM

I don't know of this update specifically, but in the past, updates have often invalidated existing saves if there were mods installed. Mod content works right when you start a new game, but the old saves were hosed.

#372 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:01 AM

Ah, how annoying. And I was nearly through SoA too. I suppose the ToB part of the mod will be messed up too if I carry on that far? If so, I guess I may go back, purchase Siege of Dragonspear and then restart.

#373 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:11 AM

Ah, how annoying. And I was nearly through SoA too. I suppose the ToB part of the mod will be messed up too if I carry on that far? If so, I guess I may go back, purchase Siege of Dragonspear and then restart.

You don't HAVE TO update...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#374 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:58 AM

You don't HAVE TO update...

Too late now, sadly. :) I'll make sure not to let it auto-update in the future.

#375 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:20 AM

Did some more testing with a new and fresh game - the basic romance does start as it should, so it seems whatever the error is, it is probably limited to the flirt type interactions, since those gave me the same weird dialogue as before.

#376 -Grimwald-

-Grimwald-

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:46 AM

On the download page, the link has been reported as broken, but it isn't. :)

#377 kimmuryiel

kimmuryiel
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 09:20 PM

He's not installing T_T says 

ERROR: cannot resolve action 370
ERROR: [edwin.bcs] -> [override/edwin.bcs] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Edwin Romance], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 155 files for [SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled    155 files for [SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Not_found
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-EDWINROMANCE.DEBUG and look for support at: laufeygreen@hotmail.com

I need my Eddie! T_T T_T T_T

Attached Files