Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#42 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 01:15 PM

The Cult helps chromatic dragons turn into dracoliches, but it has always been a bit unclear to me what are their motives. Btw can dracoliches fly like living dragons if they use magic?

Their aim is to help dragons become rulers of the world, with other intelligent races serving as both their slaves and their livestock; obviously the Cult members would be the most priviledged of the slaves. They were founded by a Chosen of Mystra called Sammaster, who went completely insane because of the sheer amount of power he'd been given.

In the present day Realms, they mainly serve as an "intelligence-gathering and communications network for intelligence-gathering and communications network for the evil dragons of Faerūn and the Cult's dracoliches - or 'Sacred
Ones' as they are commonly referred to in the Cult".

#43 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:40 PM

So they're creating future masters to themselves. Doh. They're dum.

#44 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 03:14 AM

I don't know about that. If the dracoliches gain a lot of power, who do you think they'll reward?

#45 Arachnos

Arachnos
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 03:40 AM

Nope, apparently they have some way of 'influencing' the dracolichs they create. In the 'Return of the Archwizards' trilogy, Malygris, the blue dracolich suzerain of the blue dragons of Anauroch was under cult control (he knew he was under some form of control) until he done a deal with the Shades who 'removed' hic cult masters from the equation.

(of course, he's just swapped an incompetent master for a much more dangerous master).

Oh, I'm not 100% sure but I think the Cult of the Dragon accessory for 2ed details non-chromatic members of the cult. I think it's an insane brass dragon (who may/may not be a dracolich yet) and either a topaz or ameythest dracolich.

#46 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 04:45 AM

I think that they do accept metallic dragons, but they would have to be insane or naturally evil (that happens!) to be accepted. So they control the dracoliches somehow? Now it sounds more like Cult business. I just wonder if a dragon is powerful enough can he resist the Cult masters commands when turned into a dracolich i.e an ancient red dragon with high mental resistance against anything that tries to control it or affect its thinking?

Edited by Archmage Silver, 13 October 2004 - 04:46 AM.

#47 Arachnos

Arachnos
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:03 AM

Well there are independent dracoliches out there. Not all draco's were created by the cult, and some have escaped from cult control (normally by arranging 'accidents' for their cult 'handlers')

#48 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:27 AM

Pink Dragons? Cheese Dragons? There seem to be enough sub-categories for at least one of these to crop up <_<.

Edited by Shed, 13 October 2004 - 05:28 AM.

#49 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:49 AM

Hah hah, its always a possibility that cheeze dragons show up, even though that these we have listed are quite cheezy :lol: !

#50 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 08:24 AM

There are moon dragons, and since we all know that the moon is made from cheese, it follows that since moon dragons must eat pieces of the moon, they eat cheese and since you are what you eat, we therefore have cheese dragons.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#51 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 08:47 AM

Ah, logic is such a wonderful thing! Jansen's pet dragon ate a lot of turnips and so the turnip dragon was discovered...

#52 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 08:52 AM

There are numerous other unspeakable horrors within the abode of that monster. Rumors tell us of a dreaded Turnip golem.....
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#53 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:29 AM

They have prophecies that tell them the world being dominated by dracoliches is inevitable, whatever they do. Aligning themselves with the dracoliches thus means setting themself up as well as possible.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#54 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 12:30 PM

Yeah, well, give me ten minutes and I could whip up a prophecy saying that the fate of the world depends on a turnip (think the "want of a horseshoe" thingy). People will believe anything. :rolleyes:

#55 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:19 PM

that would take you ten minuets:

Without the aid of the mighty turnip, the world shall plung into apocolypse. Though who brings forth the great turnip shall become the ruler of all humanity.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#56 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 09:41 PM

It is fascinating how an otherwise interesting discussion can turn into rubbish about turnips and such... <_<
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#57 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 10:13 PM

I was just making a comment about the reliability of prophecies. ;)

#58 Arachnos

Arachnos
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 12:20 AM

They have prophecies that tell them the world being dominated by dracoliches is inevitable, whatever they do. Aligning themselves with the dracoliches thus means setting themself up as well as possible.

Yes, it's amazing the effect a comma can have on a prophecy..

Does any1 have the prophecy handy for them to post??

#59 Xander77

Xander77

Freak Boy

• 436 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 12:51 AM

Yes, it's amazing the effect a comma can have on a prophecy..

Or a fly speck... (cookie to he who gets the reference)
Мы должны как раз дать эту хромающую страну к русским. Они awesome! Идет Nader! Кустик и Kerry имеют придурковатые weasels в их кальсонах!

#60 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 03:19 AM

I was just making a comment about the reliability of prophecies. ;)

Especially as this prophecy was dreamed up by a madman infused with a portion of a god's divine essence :).