Kachiko this and that

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Meaningless

Meaningless
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:58 PM

Yeah I know its becoming quite annoying, here are my issues with kachicko:

1 - When I meet her with yoshi in the group, right after taking her into the group, she already talks as if she was being kicked out, and I've to reply "no we go on as before", this feels just so completely out of context.

2 - When I meet her withOUT yoshi in the group, and then take her to the group, she says the "you lied to me and have no intention of finding yoshi" and then leaves the party, also completely out of context.

I've v2 of the patch installed but it happened all the same in v1 I think, have other mods too, could this be caused due to so time lapse ?? I think time may have something to do with problem number 2 but I cant see why it would affect anything in problem number 1, besides shouldnt her "find yoshi" timer start to count after she joins the party ? That would also make time irrelevant in problem 2 as well.

If I delete the Kachip from the override she dont say these things but then its better not to delete seems like an important file ^_^

Its nothing game breaking I know but as long as I can try to have her talking right, without overbothering some modder, I'll try to :^^:

If its anything that I can fix just by opening files in the NI and then editing just say what should I edit, would really appreciate that :thumb:

#2 Meaningless

Meaningless
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:07 PM

PS: I just did a search for any file with kachi in the name at my BG folder, and it seems the only mod to backup one of her files was the v2 of the patch, so I guess no mod altered her core files.

KACHIP.DLG in C:\Games\BGII - SoA\BP_s_and_h_Patch\backup\0

#3 Meaningless

Meaningless
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:51 PM

I just kicked her out of the party for testing, she would turn blue, would not move or speak, and has nothing to say to you if talked.

If I kick yoshi she goes with him at the cooper, and then the same thing happens as in the topic "Kachiko not responding/joining" posted by questmike, kachiko is in the cooper, blue and has nothing to say, yoshi asks kachiko what does she think when you ask if he wants to join, kachiko doesnt answer and yoshi talks to you again but as if he was being kicked out of party, and you have to reply the "still need your services", then he joins in this bugged way but kachiko just stand there.

#4 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:05 AM

hmm, it's possible my Kachiko fix causes more problems than it fixes - i'll have another look at it (and i'll have the patch compile the dlg next time, rather than copy the already-compiled dlg). i haven't had those problems you describe - i recently had Kachiko and Yoshimo rejoin quite successfully - but that could well be due to the fact that i patched it for my local install.

the short-term solution is to remove (ie delete or move) the KACHIP.DLG from C:\Games\BGII - SoA\override and replace it with the KACHIP.DLG from C:\Games\BGII - SoA\BP_s_and_h_Patch\backup\0 (ie, copy it from here to the override folder).

this solution will mean that you will have to kick yoshi out first if you wish kachiko to leave; however all the other Kachiko dlgs which you describe as not functional will work properly.

this is why i release things as betas, i guess... :blink:

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#5 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:57 AM

2 - When I meet her withOUT yoshi in the group, and then take her to the group, she says the "you lied to me and have no intention of finding yoshi" and then leaves the party, also completely out of context.

Kachiko leaves the group automatically after 3 days if you don't meet Yoshimo during this time. You can see it with KACHIKO.DLG.

Edited by Graoumf, 14 October 2004 - 06:38 AM.

#6 Meaningless

Meaningless
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:21 PM

well maybe its not your kachiko after all, my issue with kachiko also happened before installing the patch v2, I've run into another bug wich ressembles this one, if you would like to have look:

http://forums.pocket...a&topic=17007.0

I posted there since I think it may be the virtue mod causing it, but any help would come in handy nevertheless, since I dont know much about the game files and have really no idea where to look for errors B)

#7 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 12:13 AM

I am categorically against that Kachiko leaves the group due to any other reason than Yoshimo is not in party. That is why you won't see any corresponding statements in her KACHIP.DLG, and I am definitely against someone is trying to modify it without preliminary discussion with me. This is simply how we see her motives to join the party and to participate in all actions of PC. She cares only about Yoshimo, and Yoshimo has a strong motivation to stay in party unless you force him to leave.

#8 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 12:52 AM

I am categorically against that Kachiko leaves the group due to any other reason than Yoshimo is not in party. That is why you won't see any corresponding statements in her KACHIP.DLG, and I am definitely against someone is trying to modify it without preliminary discussion with me. This is simply how we see her motives to join the party and to participate in all actions of PC. She cares only about Yoshimo, and Yoshimo has a strong motivation to stay in party unless you force him to leave.

absolutely, and there is no way i would modify her to allow her to be kept in the party without yoshimo. i *am* trying to fix her leaving dialogue so that when you kick her out of the party and yoshi goes with her, the two of them can be re-recruited from the Sea's Bounty Tavern - this currently doesn't work (at least in the BP version of TS). She will continue to leave the party if Yoshimo is not in the group, or if you take too long to find him.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#9 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 04:21 AM

seanas, I have already fixed this problem at the beta stage of TS (somewhere between v4.17 and 4.19). There should be a series of cutscenes which manages Kachiko's and Yoshimo's leaving. I suspect Horred has based the TS portion of BP on the beta-version of our mod. There are many things that have been already discovered, fixed and tested again, and now work excellent in TS v5.06 (v5.01 + following patches) while people playing BP continue to report bugs on them. Please check that you have all those cutscenes for leaving/joining Yoshimo+Kachiko. Otherwise I would strongly recommend to take files from the latest version of TS for your next patch.

Edited by Vlad, 13 October 2004 - 04:21 AM.

#10 Meaningless

Meaningless
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:34 PM

It really was virtue doing it, I've removed the mod and now everything works much better, still some things dont go right:

When I kick yoshi, both him and kachi go to copper, when I enter copper kachi comes to talk with me right away and asks to join, then both the two join.

When I kick kachiko, both of them go to the sea bounty, and when I enter there, its yoshimo that comes to talk with me and asks to join right away, if I accpet both of them join.

I can refuse and them send each one to their respective places, but if the 2 are in party and you kick one, the other will join the kick and both will go to the place where the first one to kicked goes to, and when you enter the place they've gone to, the other comes to talk with you right when you enter the place... guess its because the one you did not cast out coudnt talk to you before leaving the group, since just the one you kicked actually got a "do you really want me to quit yes/no" choice from you.

If I kill enough people to get 1 reputation, yoshimo wont leave he will keep talking as if I'd tried to cast him out of party, and I can always choose to send him away or say no we still need your services, he asks it every 3 minutes or so if you get 1 reputation, but he wont leave the group as long as you respond number 2 (making it just so ridiculous..), kachicko wont bother if I kill the entire city :)

hmm no reply from sim at the virtue tread I'll try to push the topic up :)

Edited by Meaningless, 13 October 2004 - 05:46 PM.

#11 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 11:13 PM

Well, AFAK, everything u coment happens as expected. U can't keep one of the couple alone, they'll leave together, doesn't matter who u kick first. Same goes for rejoining.
And for the reputation "problem", I soppose that's normal, too. Yoshimo will help whatever u do (he thinks he has some debt with u), but, as he wants to retain some honor, he won't be completely pleased with u killing every1 in town. But as far as u tell him to stay, he'll do. Kachiko's only interested in staying as close to Yoshi as possible, so she doesn't care about ur actions.
Some1 plz correct me if I'm wrong.

#12 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 12:12 AM

yep, everything is working as it is supposed to (note that neither yoshimo nor kachiko would have any reason to care about yr reputation, high, low or otherwise: yoshi is there because of his geas, kachiko is there to fulfill her vow to bring yoshi back to kara-tur ).

in fact, it seems to be working *better* than expected - are you saying that, if you kick kachiko first and the two of them go to the sea's bounty, when you get there yoshi will ask if you want them to re-join? there is a notorious bug in the BP version of TS - which i've been trying, and i thought until now, failing, to fix - that prevents *either* of them speaking to you in the sea's bounty if you kick kachiko first.

do you have the v2 beta patch installed, by any chance? i had a possible fix for this included in the v2 beta, but from the reports i was getting i thought it didnt work, so i've been nutting my head against a wall for the last week or so trying to fix this - if the beta patch works for you (ie, yoshi asks you if you want them both to rejoin the party in the sea's bounty), i'd *really* to know...

#13 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 12:13 AM

Arturcic, you are absolutely right. Everything described by Meaningless is how things has been originally planned and scripted.

...guess its because the one you did not cast out coudnt talk to you before leaving the group .

Well, this is perhaps the only minor problem which has been left unattended. I guess the only thing you have to do is to set the leaving dialogue for DEFAULT and to remove wisely the block *IF See([PC]) !InParty(Myself)... Dialogue ([PC])...*. I mean wisely because at least in one case this block is required so setting additional GLOBALs could do this trick.

#14 Arturcic

Arturcic
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:01 AM

Arturcic, you are absolutely right.

Ho, ho, ho, I love the way it sounds. Only wished my girlfriend would say it more often :rolleyes:

Edited by Arturcic, 14 October 2004 - 05:58 AM.

#15 -Meaningless-

-Meaningless-

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:11 AM

are you saying that, if you kick kachiko first and the two of them go to the sea's bounty, when you get there yoshi will ask if you want them to re-join?

Well I thought they would both join since they're both there but I just tried and actually yoshimo join and kachiko stays in blue and has nothing to say to you. It works fine in the copper but not in the sea. :(

If you're going to work on them please make yoshimo stop repeating himself, when low rep EVERY COUPLE MINUTES he talks as if kicked out you either if you did something or not, it can make someone go nuts, if he wants to stay fine but dont keep saying do you want me to go separate paths ? do you want me to go separate paths ? do you want me to go separate paths ? do you want me to go separate paths ? ARRGH nobody can stand it after 10 - 20 minutes.

#16 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:11 AM

Well I thought they would both join since they're both there but I just tried and actually yoshimo join and kachiko stays in blue and has nothing to say to you. It works fine in the copper but not in the sea.  :(

aha! that could be the information i need: when yoshi approaches you in the sea's bounty, did he say

it's good to see you again! Have you need of my services, because I am ready to travel if you do. This place is dulling to the senses

or

Heya, <CHARNAME> how are you?

i'm guessing that it was the first one, yeah? (the first one is voiced, too, if that helps jog yr memory).

Edited by seanas, 14 October 2004 - 09:13 AM.