New NPC Ideas (satire)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 04:52 AM

Ahh, I see what you mean. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't our very own Haer'Dalis have fiend's blood in him? He is a Tiefling...as Morte describes Tieflings: "They're born mostly 'cause one of their parents shared knickers with some kind of abbysal demon". And it's like just about no one knows that Haer'Dalis is a Tiefling...or they don't mind. How would they recognize Grace's fiend nature then? Both Haer and Grace are not evil, and no one seems to detect Haer's fiend blood. Besides, Grace is a succubus, mistress of temptation and charm...and in the form of a beautiful Athkatlan female for example, I doubt anyone would think she's suspicious. Just merely....very attractive. :P

No, I'm not beating down your idea. I really like it, honestly ^^

#22 Xander77

Xander77

Freak Boy

• 436 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 06:59 AM

Demon (always[which means, literally, one exception out of several millions, at best] evil) vs Tielfling (often[60%] evil).

Can you see the difference?

Also, Haer doesn't have a tail/horns/wings, and I'm pretty sure not that many primes really know what a tielfing is. "Demon/Devil" is fairly well known, though.
Мы должны как раз дать эту хромающую страну к русским. Они awesome! Идет Nader! Кустик и Kerry имеют придурковатые weasels в их кальсонах!

#23 Keltosh

Keltosh
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 10:04 AM

Lol it wasn't really an idea. But anywayMoongaze..
Fall-from-Grace has huge batlike wings.. and sorry to tell you, but that is CLEARLY visible form anywhere :D
I think most persons think of succubi in dnd 3rd edition. But you must not the setting of PST is that of the second edition edition. Fall-From-Grace has no other forms apart her own :D
And she has no polimorph ability.
So her form is this one..

Attached Images

• GraceL.jpeg

Edited by Keltosh, 16 October 2004 - 10:09 AM.

#24 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 06:35 PM

i was thinking of how i heard of/imagined then from real world myths and not any version of dnd. but it dosn't matter.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#25 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 07:18 PM

Ahh, I see what you mean. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't our very own Haer'Dalis have fiend's blood in him? He is a Tiefling...as Morte describes Tieflings: "They're born mostly 'cause one of their parents shared knickers with some kind of abbysal demon". And it's like just about no one knows that Haer'Dalis is a Tiefling...or they don't mind. How would they recognize Grace's fiend nature then? Both Haer and Grace are not evil, and no one seems to detect Haer's fiend blood. Besides, Grace is a succubus, mistress of temptation and charm...and in the form of a beautiful Athkatlan female for example, I doubt anyone would think she's suspicious. Just merely....very attractive. :P

No, I'm not beating down your idea. I really like it, honestly ^^

The women would suspect it.. the males wouldn't care.
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#26 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 03:43 AM

But you must not the setting of PST is that of the second edition edition. Fall-From-Grace has no other forms apart her own

Yes she does. She says that in one of her dialogues. She just "likes the wings" - her exact words from PST.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#27 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 03:55 AM

Keltosh: Succubi can take the look of both beautiful women and their true form.
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#28 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:33 AM

Lol it wasn't really an idea. But anywayMoongaze..
Fall-from-Grace has huge batlike wings.. and sorry to tell you, but that is CLEARLY visible form anywhere :D
I think most persons think of succubi in dnd 3rd edition. But you must not the setting of PST is that of the second edition edition. Fall-From-Grace has no other forms apart her own :D
And she has no polimorph ability.
So her form is this one..

I know, mate. I completed PST about 4 times now, all with Grace in my party. ^_^ Aye, if you plan to put Grace in BG2 like that, 'twould be very noticable indeed. Alright, my mistake. I suppose I was being stupid...again. :rolleyes:

#29 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 03:04 PM

Maybe in bg2.. but We could find her a home in the world transition project, if someone actually want to do it.

mytera works a bit differently.

Edited by Chevar, 18 October 2004 - 03:05 PM.

"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#30 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 06:42 PM

i was about to question how you could possibly consider putting her in your mod, then i looked at the above post and releazed you were talking about grace, not the satire idea.
Futurama quotes rock

#31 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 06:49 PM

She's a succubus, so there isn't all that much of a difference. ;)

#32 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 07:05 PM

lol, i would quit the project if he did... not really. well.... maybe...
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#33 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 07:17 PM

What, add Grace with a dominatrix theme? Hell, I'd play it. ;)

#34 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:22 PM

lol, i would quit the project if he did... not really. well.... maybe...

You'd understand if you'd played planescape.. Grace is perhapse the best written character in any fantasy game I've ever played.

Project Forum

#35 Keltosh

Keltosh
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:37 PM

Take away the perhaps. She's the greatest. That's it.

And.. sorry to say this but ppl who did not play Planescape Torment have no right to comment on this :D For they have NO idea of it all :D
Whatever you might suppose, if you didn 't play PST you WILL be wrong :D

And beside.. GO PLAY PST NOW!

Sorry to say this but it's the BEST rpg EVER.

A pity there is no modding community for it. Or at least .. no considerable modding community

Edited by Keltosh, 18 October 2004 - 11:40 PM.

#36 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:29 AM

A pity there is no modding community for it. Or at least .. no considerable modding community

That's mainly because it doesn't allow for console commands..

Project Forum

#37 -Rastor-

-Rastor-

Posted 19 October 2004 - 12:26 PM

What, add Grace with a dominatrix theme? Hell, I'd play it. ;)

That's not Grace :angry: . I would not want to even see a mod released that butchered her character in such a way.

I've been thinking about modding PST, but the fact that there are no console commands makes testing the mod... difficult at best. If you've got any interest in trying something like this, though, I'd love to hear about it.

#38 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:20 PM

i'd like to play ps:t, but it's out of print.
Futurama quotes rock

#39 Keltosh

Keltosh
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:57 PM

[QUOTE]
[quote name='Rastor' date='Oct 19 2004, 08:16 PM']
[quote name='Stone Wolf' date='Oct 18 2004, 07:07 PM'] What, add Grace with a dominatrix theme? Hell, I'd play it. ;) [/quote]
That's not Grace :angry: . I would not want to even see a mod released that butchered her character in such a way.[/QUOTE]

I agree very much . That's why I said this semi-idea should only be commented by ppl who played pst :D

Anyway, seems like ppl like this semi-joke idea :D Only, writing a convincing Fall-From-Grace would be a daunting task :D

EDIT: the quote is not working .. o.o

Edited by Keltosh, 19 October 2004 - 08:59 PM.

#40 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:20 PM

What, add Grace with a dominatrix theme?  Hell, I'd play it. ;)

That's not Grace :angry: . I would not want to even see a mod released that butchered her character in such a way.

I agree very much . That's why I said this semi-idea should only be commented by ppl who played pst :D

Anyway, seems like ppl like this semi-joke idea :D Only, writing a convincing Fall-From-Grace would be a daunting task :D

EDIT: the quote is not working .. o.o

Hmm, just testing the quote thing.

Edited by Stone Wolf, 19 October 2004 - 09:26 PM.