Photo

more challenges

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 06:16 PM

Good thing Sorcerer's Place has a walkthrough, otherwise I'd really be stumped....

Anyway, for some reason, some characters are not being generated. I've had to CLUA in Otho, although near as I can tell from the script for the smithy, there's no reason for him not to be there. Also CLUA'ed in Jeremy, Jules, though Megan Ghastkill turned up just fine.

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:14 PM

From what I am seeing, this is because Otho and Jeremy are in areas that didn't have area scripts before DSotSC. Therefore, before the patch, if you had been to those areas, the area script won't kick in. So if you have been to those areas before applying the patch, the old ARE file is still in your saved game. That ARE is not seeing that there is a script to run.

Jules is outside and she should have appeared correctly. She appears after you talk to Gillian (Megan's mother, the one missing the baby). So I will look at her part of the script again.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:34 PM

d'Oh!

Spoke too soon on Jules. Was looking for her outside the inn, as the walkthrough suggested. Didn't cross the bridge to leave Nashkel that time. Sure enough, she's on or just across the bridge.

As to Jeremy and Otho, I believe I had visited those areas prior to installing the patch, so hopefully there's no reason not to believe they'll be normal next time.

Now for the Citadel...after clearing the upper levels and descending into the basement...talking to the babysitter begins a cutscene. Unfortunately, the cutscene hangs.

#4 mildImp

mildImp
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:44 PM

When do these characters show up? Is it after chapt 5, or any time?

#5 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 09:21 PM

They shouldn't show up until after you finish the Cloakwood Mines (i.e. Chapter 6).

#6 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:08 AM

Except for two that will be at the carnival.

As for the Peldvale tranistion, I looked at the script in the patch and saw that I didn't have it fixed. So it will be in the next one. As will a better transition location (right up against the East side near the top).

I am running through everything with another team right now so I should be able to clean all these bugs up this time around.

Fixed the cleric guantlets to allow more kits. Viccy can now wear them so I still need to see if Branwen can also.

That cutscene is a pain in the ass. I have repositioned the team several times now during their walk so they won't clump up next to the pillar. I assume that is what happened to you? Just try it again. Your team should split up and walk around it.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 17 October 2004 - 05:08 AM.

Classic Adventures

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:27 AM

OK, I used a potion of speed on someone who had boots of speed, and made a beeline north before the clairis speaks. I got far enough to see a hostile man flanked by two women. When the cutscene kicks in, the party eventually winds up in single file in front of the bad guy. However, the babysitter doesn't budge, she stays right down there at the entrance. I'm assuming the cutscene is supposed to end with a line of dialogue from her or that requires her to be in the speaker's sight.

Perhaps, instead of a cutscene, the babysitter can just ask the party to follow her, and just move?

#8 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:29 AM

Sorry, that last was me, for some reason I wasn't logged in

#9 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:33 AM

She will follow you. She needs to be up there to talk with you and the wizard-looking guy. Ususally, she leads. Does all of your team have boots of speed or are they all hasted? Maybe they move too fast for her to follow correctly.

Classic Adventures

#10 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:50 AM

No, only two characters have boots of speed, and only one of them used a potion. And actually, during the cutscene that those characters move back towards the entrance, then forward again with the other characters. But the babysitter doesn't budge at all.

With the use of the potion, the cutscene hangs with the characters lined up in single file standing right in front of the man and two women.

Without the use of the potion, my characters march off the screen, without the babysitter, until the babysitter is left in a greyed-out portion of the map.

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:27 AM

So either way, she isn't following? If you leave her, she should move after you and it may take a few minutes for her to get to her spot just east of the other three people.

Either way, I will have to work on the cutscene some more.

Classic Adventures

#12 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:31 PM

Tried several times again today with no difference in results. Do you want me to send you a file, or a savegame?

#13 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 06:55 AM

No need. I haven't gotten that far in retesting. I suspect that I fixed it and forgot to add it to the last patch (same with the Peldvale transition trigger). So when I get there, I will try again. By the way, is Cuchoinneach with you? Shouldn't matter but some of the dialog is with him.

Edit: Oh man, all sorts of updates didn't make it here. I was going to attach her cutscene. However, Lord Daerthmac isn't correct, his dialog probably isn't either. So let me make up a quick patch for this area and get it uploaded.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 18 October 2004 - 07:26 AM.

Classic Adventures

#14 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 07:40 AM

Okay, try this little patch. You will need to make a setup.exe file. Just copy over one of the others like you did for the last patch. Make sure it has the same name as the TP2.

Classic Adventures

#15 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 02:13 PM

Well, we're part of the way there. Daerthmac's exchange with Cuchoinneach is triggered, IF a character gets close enough to see Daerthmac prior to dialogue with Clairis. However, Clairis still doesn't budge, so the cutscene still hangs in either case.

#16 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:32 PM

The problem is the CLAIRCUT.BCS file. The owner of the cutscene was Clairis but the CRE is DSCLARS, so the script is now fixed to point to the CRE. I am not sure why you aren't getting it to now work. I assume you added the patch and tried again from the last area. Scripts don't usually work if you have already been in the area.

You might want to also copy the CLAIRCUT.BCS file from the patch folder to your override just incase the patch didn't do it.

Classic Adventures

#17 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 05:04 PM

Copied it to the Override. Still no dice. Clairis (and Cu's wolf) just stood at the entrance while everyone else just marched off the screen.

#18 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:32 AM

I've looked at the CLAIRCUT.BCS in NI, and it clearly does have instructions for Clairis and Players 1 through 6 to move. No idea why Clairis isn't moving, I'm not a programmer and wouldn't have any idea how to identify a problem in the script. Initially her icon moves as if trying to do something, but "relaxes" shortly before she disappears when my team marches off the screen.

#19 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:51 PM

The only thing I can think of is that she is trying to step into the same spot that one of the party members is in and therefore timesout before actually making the attempt. However, check her script again, I am sure that she has different walktopoints and so this conflict shouldn't happen.

The original mod had all six members go to the exact same spots and it was giving me all sorts of problems in SOA. That is why they are now split up and go around the pillar. Her walktopoints should be far on the right side and not interfer with anyone else.

You did let her finish her dialog right? Although, I don't see how the cutscene can run unless she is done. Well, hopefully, I will get to that point by this weekend. I have been cleaning up BH right now. Just finished the cloakwoods so I will get started on fixing the DSotSC code now.

Classic Adventures

#20 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 05:39 PM

I've tried every option I can imagine. I've taken off the boots of speed, I've refused to move until the cutscene started...everything.

I'm gonna archive a savegame from just before going through the door, and CTRL-Y the babysitter before the cutscene, see how things go from there.