Photo

Using the animation change function with IEEP

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Evernex

Evernex
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:53 PM

I actually just posted something concerning this in a previous thread about importing animation changes (and tutorials for doing that), but the tutorials didn't help me the way I was looking for. I want to use the change animation function in IEEP for BGII, however, I'm not sure how to use it. I've done a search and people were talking about using the decimal numbers for animation reference, but I'm not sure where I can find those. I've looked in Shadow keeper under character appearance and it has numbers like 0E78 or something like that, but those numbers don't work, and I'm not sure what to use. If someone could help me out with this, like where I could find a list of animation numbers, or where they are in the BGII database. My intention is to use equipped weapons to change the animation of a character. You can e-mail me anything at evernex_shifter@yahoo.com THanks.

#2 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:13 PM

I don't kow if this will welp but the number oe78 is a hex # and if you change that to a dec # you get 57464 On a scientific calculator
Live Free Or Die

#3 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:13 PM

Those numbers are the hexadecimal version of the decimal value you're looking for. To find the decimal value, open up the calculator that comes with your PC and make sure it's using the scientific view (not the basic view). See the little button marked hex? For me it's on the far left, just under the display bar. Click on that. Now, under the numbers you can see the letters a-f. Now that you're enabled hex, you can enter the combination of numbers and letters you're seeing the the 2da file. Once you've entered the number, click the Dec button right next to the hex button and you'll get the decimal version. :)

#4 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:19 PM

/shakes his fist at Sir-Kill

Damn you and your short answers! Posted Image

#5 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 06:22 PM

Also check out Vladp's tutorial's section..

http://www.vladp.net/nejmain.html

I used that when I was trying to introduce new anims.. There are two files involved with adding unused references into the game - not sure this is what you're referring to. Vladp should have a copy, and I may. he's got more experience than me in this area, and would be a good place to start. he doesn't spend much time on FW.. I'd reccoment following the link and talking with him.

When I got back here I went looking for the ids files, after a long break from modding. Vlad was where I got my help years ago, and once again he came through when I asked.. here's the link..

http://www.shsforums...?showtopic=9956
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#6 Evernex

Evernex
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 06:50 PM

Hey thanks all for the quick replies, that's exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate it (both the info and the links). :D

#7 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 06:53 PM

umm.... why don't you use DLTCEP?
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#8 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 03:30 AM

There's also an IDS file that comes with the game that will list all the animations and their decimal numbers ;).
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image