• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 07:01 AM

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank for increasing the world of Baldur's gate by making this mod.

criticism:
1) I would appreciate your maps to be more different from the original BG maps, as i don't enjoy to explore the exactly same map again.
(It would be ok to add at least some special structures or something to make it really different)
2) I know I can't expect the same game quality as in the original bg, but I'm missing so BG specific atmospheric details that makes the game much more enjoyable.
2a) More dialogs that motivate you more to do that what you are supposed to do (Like bandit Sam killed my husband, pls revenge him, when you meet that bandit, you can have some dialog with him)
2c) Even minor stupid mini dialogs makes it better, like "He came by the west entrance, come here boys", "The boss will get me extra food if I bring him your body" or the last living bandit would say "I was supposed to slaughter few stupid villagers, this is not what I was paid for"
3) You should make the stores bit less overpowered (TOB healing potions in the place u expect lvl 4 players? common)
4) I encountered bug, where all items in the temple had no icons and cost 0 gp.

I hope you are not angry that I pointed what I didn't like but I really believe that you made a lot of work on that mod, and that just a bit more work can make it much better.

PS sorry for my English :)

Hi kovarex, probably no one would disagree with you on those points that minor things make the difference.

But I think the priority that the modders have right now for this completed mod is to stablize the packages and make sure that majority of the bigger issues are getting their attention. It would be crazy to decorate your house if you can't get the pillar straight.

Back to topic --> Kudos to SoBH team, just played part 1 of the mod couple of days ago, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Edited by bigmoshi, 22 December 2007 - 07:02 AM.

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#22 kovarex

kovarex
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:13 AM

Hello,

If you were thinking about making another version of this mod, you could also made some "lite" version without overpowered items.

I just finished the first part of sobh, and I believe that these items shouldn't be there
Cloak of protection +2 (I hadn't eve +1 cloak at that time, and having +2 at this time is too early)
Amulet of protection + 1 I had already one, but there is already enough of other items
Ring of protection +2
Bracers of AC 3 (bg 2 item)
Shadow armor + 3 (too easy way to get it)
Kundane + 2 (too easy way to get it)

The player can of course just ignore these items (as I did), but it is quite strange to play and judge overpowerness of every item.