• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 11:14 PM

I get a CTD when I move to the center of DSC002 and I talked to Laurel about Gibberlings and no Gibberlings show up. I talked to her again and got the XP.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 03:27 AM

I found that one also. If you noticed, I moved her down the area to another location. However, I forgot to add in her new dialog that creates the gibberlings near her. The next patch will move the ogre also. He is standing next to to the elf leader, which doesn't make any sense. Now he can be found near the bottom of the area.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#3 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:08 PM

I still get a CTD when I move to the center of DSC002 just below the lake. Anyone else get this? What sould be there?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#4 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 07:47 PM

I don't remember getting a CTD in that area (it's on route to Jet'laya's sister, yes?) If I did, I know it wasn't a consistent problem.

#5 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:40 PM

I cleared out my temp folder and it worked ok. Some of the fighting spirts left the map to the north and were they when I got to the next map.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#6 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 10:21 PM

What no cave on DSC004?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#7 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 12:22 AM

BPfan or anyone have you played though the Dark One yet? I got though it with some CLUAConsoleing. Did work for you??

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#8 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 03:49 AM

Chev,

Yes, I played through the Dark One too (and yes, there was no cave near the banshee for me either).

I'm pretty sure I commented on my experiences in another thread, but the gist of it was that the lich died without respawning, and it took some playing with CLUA variables to get the ghost to talk with me, get into the house, etc.

#9 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 01:19 PM

Confirming the problem with Laurel the Paladin. Though, in my case, when I clicked her a second time, she had nothing to say (unlike Chev, who got XP).

Also, for me there were no elves, in this area at all, let alone near the ogre.

Note--I'd never entered this area before, so it's not like the Otho & Jeremy issues, where the game had saved an version of the area prepatched.

#10 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:13 PM

Yep, No elves. When I go to leave DSC001 after finnishing the quests I get a CTD when it starts to save. I tried 3 times.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:26 PM

Okay, the efl area should be fine. Not sure why you wouldn't see any, they have been there since the first package. No, now that I think of it, they weren't. There wasn't an area script configured in the ARE. I fixed this is the first patch. So if you hadn't been there, it should now work. Laurel is fixed, I have the gibberlings appear just NW of her. Originally, there where still appearing up near the firepit. This will be in the next patch.

Area DSC002 had something wrong with a spawn point at the location you are talking about Chev. I don't know why though. All I did was copy over the area and change the creatures in the spawn (from gnolls to ghouls). However, I added 4 more possible spawns and that fixed it. So why doesn't the original area crash???

Area DSC004 does not have the extra cave. I thought that was a carry over from the original area so I removed it. I will look into the idea of adding it back it. During my DSotSC original game playing, I didn't even know the area existed. So it will have to be in the next patch also.

Other fixes:

Area DSC099 (two coffins) doesn't cause a crash when you move back to area DSC019 (caves) anymore.

Area DSC016 (meeting Lord Daerthmac) has a different cutscene and now it actually works! :blush: The weird part was that it wasn't working with Cuchy but it did work without him. I suspect the doggie (er, shadow wolf) script was conflicting with the cutscene. Now the wolf appears after you move to the final location.

Worldmap (causes problems) is fixed again. Right now, my solution is to use a Worldmap that doesn't have text assigned to the new areas. For some reason, the install wasn't editing the Name tag of the area even though I gave it the right hex address. Hlid, any suggestions? Is there an extra offset I don't see in NI?

Other fixes include some changes to the Exnem items that I am testing and a pile of fixes for BH. So both will need a new patch or full install when I complete the testing.

Keep going gang and thanks again.

Classic Adventures

#12 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 03:32 PM

Look into the elves some more, I went there only after the first patch.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#13 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:10 PM

I thought DS added a cave to AR9100 the Eastern map with the spiders.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#14 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:27 AM

I thought DS added a cave to AR9100 the Eastern map with the spiders.

View Post

Nope. The ARE for the BG1 game only shows 3 triggers for web traps. No travel triggers nor are there any doors listed. Good spot for a new mod though!

Classic Adventures

#15 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:06 AM

I am sure that I played a game with a small cave on the eastern wall of that map. I thought it was DSotSC, but what else could it have been? Did some other mod use that map?

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev