Photo

Item Makers Wanted

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:14 PM

I tend to agree with Sim here in his message. And for one I don't believe he's being an arse. His points are to be agreed or disagreed with no more. So, once only, keep tempers in check please.

Personally I have no problem but I have one concern. The term "exchange" is used fairly loosely. Does this also encompass taking graphical work from old/abanded mods as per your expression in Gilgamesh's RoT?

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#22 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:22 PM

some people actually read the forum that is made for the mod. if you want more information on it, perhaps you should go there and read what it's about. The link to the Black Wyrm forums is in Sir-Kill's signature, but I'm sure you already know the url.

I still say that this mod is unrelated to Ken's project, and I also think that this thread is going off the topic of the thread. If you wish to discuss this "porting" that you say is being done, then you should post it in the original thread that was meant for this mod. This thread is directed at anyone that would like to help in the making of items for the mod, and apparently you do not want to help, so you should post in the thread that asked for people's opinions.

This mod is not diablo ported into bg2, this is a mod that gives free will to do what you want. Perhaps you think that DLTC should be the only other TC in the making, but WTP is being worked on and there is nothing that you can say about this mod that will cause that to change.

If you have no constructive criticism for this, then just don't post. Three of your posts in this thread said absolutely nothing useful.

#23 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:29 PM

I cannot answer for Chevar but nothing that is used in WTP as far as mods go is used, unless someone puts it there, (the whole idea), but not stolen, you cant steal from moders just big companys :P . Chevar made all of the d2 maps himself, anyways.

and the temper is reined in
Live Free Or Die

#24 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:30 PM

Guest. Let me try this one last time.

Please read what I'm posting. Please. You'll look less of an idiot that way.

Edited by SimDing0, 30 October 2004 - 05:31 PM.

Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#25 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:32 PM

look, stop posting these "Read what i posted" posts. if you have nothing new to say, then don't say anything. And as for the maps, there will probably be even entirely new ones, so you cannot say that this will be unoriginal.

#26 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:38 PM

This is evidently difficult. Allow me to clarify, with Really Big Text™.

- The key concepts behind WTP and Ken's mod are very similar
- Never have I implied that WTP was a port Diablo to BG2.
- Never have I suggested that WTP should be abandoned.
- Never have I stated that WTP is entirely unoriginal.

Is there anything here that remains confusing to you?

Edited by SimDing0, 30 October 2004 - 05:39 PM.

Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#27 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:13 PM

some people actually read the forum that is made for the mod. if you want more information on it, perhaps you should go there and read what it's about. The link to the Black Wyrm forums is in Sir-Kill's signature, but I'm sure you already know the url.

I still say that this mod is unrelated to Ken's project, and I also think that this thread is going off the topic of the thread. If you wish to discuss this "porting" that you say is being done, then you should post it in the original thread that was meant for this mod. This thread is directed at anyone that would like to help in the making of items for the mod, and apparently you do not want to help, so you should post in the thread that asked for people's opinions.

This mod is not diablo ported into bg2, this is a mod that gives free will to do what you want. Perhaps you think that DLTC should be the only other TC in the making, but WTP is being worked on and there is nothing that you can say about this mod that will cause that to change.

If you have no constructive criticism for this, then just don't post. Three of your posts in this thread said absolutely nothing useful.

View Post

Awake, posting as yourself will generally garner a more subjective response.

Edited by Seifer, 30 October 2004 - 06:14 PM.

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

#28 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:25 PM

Sorry, Seifer, I just didn't feel like wasting the time logging in. But yes, posts #22 and 25 were mine. So, now that that is cleared up, everyone will know who to hate for those opinions. :D
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#29 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:28 PM

Okay now. this has gotten far enough.. actually too far. Would those involved please reread the thread.

The world transition project is using graphical content from the IE games, and some other games (not exclusively Diablo2-TOB) in its map generation.

The initial correction made was stating that we are not porting diablo or diablo2 for that matter. we will, however be utilizing some of it's graphical content, as well as content provided by the D2 modding community.

Previous statements made pertaining to Ken's mod implied he was porting diablo1, which is not what we're doing. no further mention was made in the initial commentary, which was in a different thread.

The several statements along these lines had no actual imformation included. some specific information being posted, or defining/qualifying ones statements would have prevented this. It's impossible to make a oint by referencing something that wasn't written.

Thank you for your time, now can we stop this foolishness.
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#30 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:32 PM

Exactly, "Enough is Enough".

No more replies to the topic that was not on this topic.. if you would like to continue this discussion, i'm sure we could do it in PM's.

Now, for the topic of this thread. We could still use some item makers. Please, no idiocy.

Edited by Awake, 30 October 2004 - 06:33 PM.

Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#31 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:44 PM

Thank you for your time, now can we stop this foolishness.

View Post

Without wishing to sound arrogant, this is a discussion board in which we are actually having a discussion.

And its your own defensive reaction that garners the reactions you're receiving. I've rendered a few things for you and I'm not mentally deviant in anyway or form but I do think its a perfectly logical conclusion to see what similarities there are.

No-one accused you of limiting yourself entirely to Diablo I or II but you seem pretty stone headed in looking at the possibility that comparisons will be made by pure nature of the source material you've chosen. If Ken's work included ALL of D1/2 this naturally would have incorporated graphical content so like it or not, in once sense you are replicating his work in one form irrespective of the final intended usage.

And as for the words "porting" or "utilizing", they're just different semantics for the same thing.

Now, I'll ask this of everyone, Sim included, behave. I've no problem keeping this thread open but I don't want this decending into a flame war.
Cheers

Seif

#32 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 06:47 PM

Now, if we get back on track, I'd like to ask the following: -

1) Is there any narrative or storyline from yourselves at all or are you just supplying the framework for the submissions of others?

2) Is your work intended as a replacement or as an addendum for a vanilla BGII installation?

#33 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:22 PM

Now, if we get back on track, I'd like to ask the following: -

1) Is there any narrative or storyline from yourselves at all or are you just supplying the framework for the submissions of others?

2) Is your work intended as a replacement or as an addendum for a vanilla BGII installation?

View Post

My goal was to build the framework, and a few 'plugin' modules to go with it. It's intended as a replacement for vanilla BG2. The world is split in to sections by race, and each region has a 'manager' incharge of creating the starter cities, and the regional history. The regional leaders are there to prevent major conflicts in storyline or continuity.

-------------------------------

On a side note, pertaining to material from abandoned mods;

If a modder that has abandoned a project were to contact us to see if we would include their work in the project, we would be willing to look through their work to see if it's in a state that it will work within the framework, and if it's in a condition that we could continue it in some cases. Many hands make work easy.

----------------------

Now as for the exchange programs..

There has been limited responce thus far to the project as a whole. In order to speed up production we are inn essence trying to out-source some work. One of the programs is our Map-Share program which includes both maps and models.

In the case of Maps, there are several form which the map share takes. (not including model share).

The model share program. I do not have adequate software to render the models I've been given permissions to use. Our permission to use said models extends to those who assist us with our work pertaining to the project, which includes rendering. Any of the models rendered for WTP use will also be usable in any projects worked on by the one doing the rendering as long as the artists conditions are met by all involved.

The tile share program gives the modder access to our RAW tiles collection. In exchange for this access, the modmaker is to make note that they're a member of the WTP tile share, and is expected to share any ile collections they have with us, that we may add them to our community collection, alternately they can agree to share some of their maps with us if they have no tiles to share.

The Graphical Map Share program is a scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours situation. People in this category see a non converted graphical map that we've made that they would like to use, and in exchange for sharing this map they agree to send us a copy of the wall/search/height/light map files after prepping the area.

In the case of Items;

We have an archive of approximately 100 items from varied sources waiting for BAM conversion. Modders wishing new items in their mods, or wishing to make an item pack will be given access to our BAM archives in part or in whole in exchange for sharing their final product with us. We will also do BAM conversion if needed, but this will slow down production for all involved.

Does that clarify it?
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#34 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 07:30 PM

It already was clear to me, but I hope this clears up the confusion for the rest.

Seif