Item Makers Wanted

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:12 AM

This advertisement is in conjunction with one of the World Transition Project Exchange programs. We have a vast collection of item graphics which will need to be converted to BAMs and made into items.

Terms and conditions

1) The creater of the items will be given credit for their effort.

2) All items are to be made at the discression of their creator.

3) Addition item categories will be included, information on these types will be provided to person(s) accepting the project.

4) All items created using the WTP cache will be shared the WTP project.

5) After completion the item creator is encouraged to release these items as a standard BG2 item pack, but is requested to credit WTP by indicating that the pack was produced as part of the WTP exchange program.

The Goal of the World Transition project is to create a completely new world in which modmakers can work. In order to enrich the modding community, the WTP has several "Exchange" programs. In these programs varied required modding components are provided to modders for use in their projects under the condition that the results of this work is shared with the WTP.

Our current exchange programs are the Item Graphics Exchange Program, the map exchange program, and the spell and projectile graphics exchange program (Pending).

Edited by Chevar, 27 October 2004 - 01:26 AM.

"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#2 dragon_lord

dragon_lord
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:59 AM

To add to what Chevar has already said:

Ok basically what we want is for people to make items for the WTP, it doesn?t matter if you cant make bams but its preferred. You can make any item you like be it sword, bow, robe, armor or whatever. The only real condition is that it doesn?t refer to the Forgotten Realms as the World Transition Project is set in another world (Mytera). Your item will be used in this new world; it might be found in a chest, sold by a merchant, or found in the horde of a dragon.

If you?re interested in making items for the WTP then post right here or if you have any questions then just ask. If you want to know more about the WTP or this new world?s history then visit our forum: http://forums.blackw...hp?showforum=55
Maintainer of the Dragon's Hoard Download Center
Member of the World Transition Project
The Items Mart - A comprehensive guide to item locations with maps for BG2
Portrait City - The largest collection of portraits for BG2 on the net.

#3 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 02:00 PM

*holds laughter*
exange program is what their calling their plan for getting people who haven't been directly involved with their project to help with parts of it. their not actually sending people to different parts of the world.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#4 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:44 PM

Actually, kind of off the whole topic of this thread, but this is the first time that I have heard this called the World Transition Exchange Project. Or whatever it was...

On topic, Chevar, do you want these items to follow the guidelines that you posted in the workroom?
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:13 PM

I heard world transision project ports diablo to bg2?

#6 Awake

Awake
  • 685 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:29 PM

And where did you hear that? And if this is true, is there a problem with this?
Black Wyrm Forums host of the World Transition Project, Beastial Animations, and much more!

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Like dealing with terrorists by giving them explosives. -NotMrT

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

#7 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:56 PM

I heard world transision project ports diablo to bg2?

View Post

incorrect.. your source is misinformed, or simply doesn;t understand the concept.

We are using utilizing some graphical content from Diablo2 in making maps, items etc'. We are not 'porting diablo' to bg2. We're incorporating Diablo2 graphical content into the project.. there's a rather substancial difference.
"NOTICE: All of my comments are edited by a one year old that refuses to LEAVE MY KEYBOARD ALONE!"

Project Forum

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 October 2004 - 03:33 PM

There was a very funny post here that someone deleted. I for one object to this mindless censoring of forum visitors.

#9 -Night_Faery-

-Night_Faery-

Posted 28 October 2004 - 04:25 PM

id like, to make some items 4 bg2, wot u think? i rly like makin stuff, i do art at skool and english so i cud do sum stuff!!!!!!!!

:turnip:

how do i do it tho plz?

luv :wub: night_faery xxx

#10 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 11:05 PM

id like, to make some items 4 bg2, wot u think? i rly like makin stuff, i do art at skool and english so i cud do sum stuff!!!!!!!!

:turnip:

how do i do it tho plz?

luv  :wub: night_faery xxx

View Post

Just grab any item making tool from TeamBg and follow the tutorial.
Btw, your writing makes my head hurt :bash: .

I made some items you can use if you want, they may be a bit overpowered, but
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#11 -Ashara-

-Ashara-

Posted 29 October 2004 - 09:55 AM

incorrect.. your source is misinformed, or simply doesn;t understand the concept.

I think he is simply mixing your project with the earlier Ken's similar undertaking which started shortly before the last and final (?) collapse of TeamBG.

#12 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:23 PM

I think he is simply mixing your project with the earlier Ken's similar undertaking which started shortly before the last and final (?) collapse of TeamBG.

View Post

I've been told about Ken's project. I don't see the similarities..

Project Forum

#13 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 02:17 AM

Apart from the concept of ripping Diablo areas, and creating a core world on which other people can build? They're basically identical in principle.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#14 Chevar

Chevar

Enough is enough.

• 409 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 12:46 PM

Apart from the concept of ripping Diablo areas, and creating a core world on which other people can build? They're basically identical in principle.

View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure you will. I believe you previously stated that Ken's project was to recreate Diablo1 areas within the IE engine. It was also implied that the intent of said project was to essentially be playing Diablo via BG2.

We are using tiles from an assortment of games including areas from BG1, TotSC, BG2, TOB, IWD, HOW, ToLM, IWD2, PST, as well as Diablo 2.

Porting Diablo is a very different thing than utilizing tile sets from D2 as well as other sources. By definition porting one game to another would mean that you would, in essence be playing another game (in said case diablo) under the other game engine, which is not what we're doing.

Keep in mind the information I have about Ken's project is what little bit you've referenced to me.

Project Forum

#15 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 02:26 PM

My list of similarities remains the same as in my last post.

Edited by SimDing0, 30 October 2004 - 02:27 PM.

#16 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:23 PM

A complete list of things that are used from diablo are; SOME of d2 art is being used....and....um...wait there is some more.... give me a minute... OH thats right THATS IT!

So sim either help or ignore it but stop trying to through a wrench in it, with talk that you do not know about. thank you
Live Free Or Die

#17 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:29 PM

My list of similarities STILL remains the same. Read please.

#18 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:43 PM

I am a very patient man but you are starting to piss me off, either list what Ken is/was doing And what we are doing or stop spaming. I knew that Ken wanted to make 'something' diablo, but as far as the other members they did not; Chevar has been gone for two years, awake did not show till after Teambg went down I'm not sure about dragon_lord. Do you think we are stealing Ken's idea? Is there no room for 'another' tc type of mod, what the hell is your problem?
Live Free Or Die

#19 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:51 PM

I don't believe I ever said there was a problem. Some people obviously don't like the idea that someone was doing something before them, however, since they lept up on the defensive the moment I noted the similarities.

However, for your benefit, Ken's project goal was as follows:
- Create the core material for a new game set in the Diablo world (not using any existing plot), using Diablo graphical resources, upon which other modders would then be able to build additional material/modules and expand the setting.
Incidentally, I know this because I (rather embarassingly) developed the game stripdown cores which formed the basis for the project.

Your project goal, as I understand, is:
- Create the core material for a new game set in an arbitrary world (not using any existing plot), using Diablo graphical resources, upon which other modders will then be able to build additional material/modules and expand the setting.

There is a very distinct similarity in intent here.

Edited by SimDing0, 30 October 2004 - 04:52 PM.

#20 Sir-Kill

Sir-Kill
  • 906 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 05:08 PM

Well fine then, but like I said no one knew anything about it. it is a good idea, too bad Ken hasn't shown up to finnish it or work with us to bring it together.

"since they lept up on the defensive the moment I noted the similarities"
Yes defensive, but not the way you think, I looked at you posts and they said nothing untill now, that is what pissed me off. Thank you for listing what ken was about.

The freedom of this mod is what atracted me to it, you don't have to be a slave to what someone else says, the hell with that idea. this is for something a bit more fresh. the idea is for someone to enjoy a good fun game. and involve the modding comunity to help out, to give their voice to it all are welcome to join.

Edited by Sir-Kill, 30 October 2004 - 05:11 PM.

Live Free Or Die