Photo

Candlekeep Chores

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Poll: For Version 151, should I make Candlekeep: (26 member(s) have cast votes)

For Version 151, should I make Candlekeep:

1. a) One chore per day, 5 days, 5 lessons (12 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. b) Five chores per day, 1 day, 5 lessons (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. c) Five chores per day, 1 day, 1 lesson (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

4. d) One chore per day, 1 day, 1 lesson (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

5. e) Five chores per day, 5 days, 5 lessons (current method). (5 votes [19.23%])

Percentage of vote: 19.23%

Vote

#21 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:56 AM

:bash:  I read the description of CTB and thought this would be an amazing mod to try. The most anticipated feature was being able to avoid the boring first dungeon. You can imagine how much I HATED DOING THOSE CHORES!!!! I did not even finish one day's worth. I uninstalled the mod, but that left my game messed up, it crashed my computer everytime I opened the game file. I finallly had to delete the entire BGII folder to get RID OF THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE. It is the worst chunk of sheet if have ever seen. Give your head a shake... hours of doing chores??? On a computer for fun??? I use the computer to AVOID doing chores, not play a game with them. I don't care one bit how "cool" the rest of this mod is, the beginning kills it completely. What a stupid concept. :zzz:

View Post

You of course are entitled to your opinion, but please refrain from being abusive. Constructive critisism is always welcome, much of your post is not. Keep it friendly 'eh?

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#22 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 12:04 PM

You of course are entitled to your opinion, but please refrain from being abusive. Constructive critisism is always welcome, much of your post is not. Keep it friendly 'eh?

View Post

Perhaps Mr. Webster would have liked to have provided constructive criticism if he was allowed to do anything constructive in this mod? I might point out that CtB's execution of his install wasn't very constructive either...

No need to warn me, hlid, I'm keeping civil...

#23 max webster

max webster
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:15 PM

My civil and hopefully constructive critique of this mod:

Playing computer games are something that should be done for fun. Writing in hours of mind-numbing drudgery to a game is not fun. I cannot comment further on this mod as I only used it for about 30 minutes before I gave up in disgust. I didn't pay a cent for it, and still feel as though I got ripped off. I think what has angered me the most is that it sounds like it might be a fun mod, but everyone who likes it fails to mention the beginning. I have to question the judgement of anyone who would complete that waste of time and still find it to be a positive experience. I would have to have A LOT of spare time on my hands to do hours of video game chores. Video game chores, that phrase just made me laugh because it is such an oxymoron.

Anyway, remove the housework all together and I will try the mod.

#24 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 03:21 PM

I must disagree with max webster. This is a CRPG and with good role playing you get into character and you play the good and the bad.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev