Edwina won't talk

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LdyWench

LdyWench
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:55 AM

:: slight spoiler, maybe::

I ran into a little problem. Did the Nether Scroll quest, everything went smooth up till the point he transformed into Edwina, once that happened there's nothing coming out of his/her mouth. If I click on him/her I get "Edwina has nothing to say to you". I read where some of the G3 Tweak mod might have some conflict, I wasn't sure which components so I uninstalled the whole thing and still no conversation. I sent a zip of the saved game to Dorotea. Hope you can help me.

Edited by LdyWench, 15 November 2004 - 02:02 PM.

#2 LdyWench

LdyWench
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:37 PM

Wheee! Fixed my problem, I'd forgotten about having the "Female Edwin" from the Ease of Use mod, removed that and he/she is complaining already.

#3 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:37 PM

I also have a question similar to the topic above.

When Edwin changes into Edwina is she supposed to have a brief dialogue with the PC literally after the transformation? :edwin: or is the PC supposed to talk to her 1st?

Just wanted to know :) BTW I love this mod!

#4 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 09:28 PM

I also have a question similar to the topic above.

When Edwin changes into Edwina is she supposed to have a brief dialogue with the PC  literally after the transformation? :edwin:  or is the PC supposed to talk to her 1st?

Just wanted to know  :) BTW I love this mod!

View Post

Initiate dialogue with her, the way you normally do in the game. :) That one is the same as it always is, the LT ones will follow later.

#5 LustyWench

LustyWench
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:57 PM

Alright...I have a little bit of a problem concerning edwins transformation. After all the magical sparkles and stuff appear, (the spell things), Edwin doesnt really do anything. Also, the little rectangle border around his portrait is purple, (kinda like the portrait of the PC when they're the slayer) if i try to talk to him is says Edwin has nothing to sday to you. I dont really know whats wrong....is the name supposed to change to Edwina? Please help, I am sooooo loving this mod!!

#6 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 02:52 AM

Alright...I have a little bit of a problem concerning edwins transformation. After all the magical sparkles and stuff appear, (the spell things), Edwin doesnt really do anything. Also, the little rectangle border around his portrait is purple, (kinda like the portrait of the PC when they're the slayer) if i try to talk to him is says Edwin has nothing to sday to you. I dont really know whats wrong....is the name supposed to change to Edwina? Please help, I am sooooo loving this mod!!

View Post

That does sound like a bug. When he 'goes purple', you're supposed to be able to talk to him, and get the regular talk he always has when turning into Edwina. Do you by any chance have the Ease of Use 'female Edwina' component installed? Since that one affects the Edwina transformation, I think it could come into conflict with ours. Do you have any other mods? Sometimes they clash with each other, and then it's usually best fixed by doing a clean install.

#7 LustyWench

LustyWench
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:15 PM

View Post

That does sound like a bug. When he 'goes purple', you're supposed to be able to talk to him, and get the regular talk he always has when turning into Edwina. Do you by any chance have the Ease of Use 'female Edwina' component installed? Since that one affects the Edwina transformation, I think it could come into conflict with ours. Do you have any other mods? Sometimes they clash with each other, and then it's usually best fixed by doing a clean install.

View Post

Ah never mind. I DID have the alternet portrait installed, (foolish me, with my not reading everything i install) I managed to get it to work in the end. Thanks for your help.
BtW: GREAT mod! I nearly piss myself laughing and feel the constant need to tell EVERYBODY what my eddie just said. Masterfully done.

#8 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:28 PM

Ah never mind. I DID have the alternet portrait installed, (foolish me, with my not reading everything i install) I managed to get it to work in the end. Thanks for your help.
BtW: GREAT mod! I nearly piss myself laughing and feel the constant need to tell EVERYBODY what my eddie just said. Masterfully done.
[right]View Post[/right]
[/quote]

Very glad to hear you're enjoying it. :D