Grey Clan Mod

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Stormbringer-

-Stormbringer-

Posted 23 November 2004 - 03:02 PM

Will the Grey Clan mod still be compatible with BP-BGT and all the other components if Dsotsc is added?

#2 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 03:18 PM

Yes.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 05:10 PM

Well...that depends. There is a discussion about this over on the GC forum. That mod changes the Friendly Arm Inn area. In DSotSC, you meet the first person of the mod at this location. So, you do have to start (but don't have to finish) DSotSC before starting the Grey Clan mod. Otherwise, they are compatible.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#4 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 10:37 PM

All TGC does is extend the area script. There should be no interference at all unless you replaced the whole script (bad) and DSOTSC is installed after TGC. Otherwise there would be no conflict.

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 06:11 AM

The problem isn't with the installation, it is with the storyline. The TGC story has you fight some bandits at FAI. However, to do this, you are moved to another ARE with the FAI tileset. The area script for FAI moves you to that area but after the fight, it never moves you back. Therefore, everytime to go to the FAI area, you will be redirected to this new area. Since Jetlaya appears only on the FAI area, she wouldn't appear on the redirected area. Therefore, you couldn't do the DSotSC quests. I only see this as a problem if you don't follow the quests in the right order. If you wait too long, you screw yourself.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#6 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 07:21 PM

In my last run-through, I did the DSotSC stuff I could do before going entering Baldur's Gate, and therefore before starting the Grey Clan. When I was done with Jet'Laya, I left her back at the FAI. When I was ready to go to Ulgoth's Beard, I wanted her in the party again. However, every time I went to the FAI, I got the cleared-outTGC version, not the standard version. Naturally, Jet wasn't there, and I eventually figured out how to CLUA in the version of her I'd had previously.

So, TGC is compatible, as long as you never need to go back to the original FAI.
Thus, if Hlid ever resurrects the BG1 mods, including the one that adds a merchant to the FAI, you'd best do your shopping early!

#7 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 08:24 PM

Bah, if I take another crack at it I'll add a script block that takes care of TGC's selfish area change. :P

#8 -Stormbringer-

-Stormbringer-

Posted 25 November 2004 - 02:16 PM

Bah, if I take another crack at it I'll add a script block that takes care of TGC's selfish area change. :P

View Post

Well Hild I hope you do take a crack at it I find most things that you have messed with to very very enjoyable afterwards :)