Photo

Harper's Harp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 08:10 PM

Is this working as intended? Found it, and tried to use it. No joy. for a start everyone in my party got a chance to save against it's supposedly beneficial effects. Just looking at it in Near Infinity it looks very very broken. It's *possible* it's my install responsible, but I checked a fresh version of spwi840, and it looks just as peculiar. It's summoning items and giving bizarre resistances, and trashing your dexterity and all sorts of crazy things.

Of course, this is just to my own unscholared eyes. Perhaps someone wiser could take a look. CBXTHSAA.ITM is the harp.
Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois
Meddling in the affairs of modders. Modding in the affairs of genie.

#2 CBisson

CBisson
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 08:58 PM

Yes, it is broken, but not as badly as you think. The item calls for spell SPWI840 to be cast, which is named "mind blank". However, it should call for spell SPWI841 which is called "iron skins". So, a) I have the spell being called wrong, and B) I named the spells incorrectly. Thanks for picking up on this.
Play SoS! And then play CtB!

#3 radish_hoedown

radish_hoedown
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:49 AM

one for the next version, eh CB? ;) :D
i'm sure it was merely a deliberate mistake placed in there to keep the community on its toes..?

#4 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 December 2004 - 11:28 AM

Nifty! While you're fiddling with that bit of the game, would there be any chance of giving that harp, and the hourglass of timestop in the next room to one of the NPC's in the harper base? They seem rather powerful to just be sitting around in such an early portion of the game?
If I owned an hourglass of timestop, I'd sure keep it with me, and use it in a fight, rather than leaving it in a box when I expected a bunch of thieving adventurers to be wandering about.
Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois
Meddling in the affairs of modders. Modding in the affairs of genie.