• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 02:31 PM

As I'm getting more confortable with my new setting in university, I am willing to let you know that
DEVELOPMENT IS GOING TO START AGAIN!
Unluckily, after considering these 2 facts:
  • I suck at writing dialogues.
  • I don't have anymore the time to properly write all those I might like.
I am forced to seek a writer to write decent Mazzy the Paladin and Stivan the Hunter dialogues.
If you think you are interested in either of these projects, post here or drop me a PM.

Note: the relation will be quite like slave / master :hug: , meaning that you write out the banters, and I'll only read and code them. Thus, the creative work will all be yours (and duly credited).
For MTP, having played through v2 is kindly requested (but the quest will probably undergo some changes in any case). The same goes for Stivan.
In both cases there isn't that much to read besides the general idea though, so I can easily write a quite exausting summary in some seconds :closedeyes: ...

PS: I do all the code-work -_- , so the fact you don't know anything about WeiDU and such isn't a problem at all. :)

PPS: any type of constructive comment, question and shameless praise is well accepted.
Flames, spam and trolling, on the other hand, will result in your post being deleted and me sending auto-crash emails to your unprotected Outlook Express :devil: .

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#2 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 02:34 PM

I must admit to not having played the mod but I've written a lot of paladin-esque material as of late.

What material do you have in here currently?

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#3 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 02:45 PM

I must admit to not having played the mod but I've written a lot of paladin-esque material as of late.

What material do you have in here currently?

Nothing.
To be more precise, a pragmatic dialogue set for the quest, and an hasty just-after-paladinhood banter between Mazzy, PC and all the other NPCs (that is, a single banter in which each of them gets a line).
My minimal goal for her would be to adjust all her "I can't be a paladin" interjections and banters. Adding some new banters (Valygar, Anomen and Keldorn particularly should have one) and some PC / Mazzy banters seems also right.
Nothing extraordinary, since overdoing isn't my thing. Besides, I seem to recall there is already a PC-Mazzy romance going on somewhere, or somewhere else ;)

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#4 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 02:49 PM

Thrilled to see this being worked on again! :D

I would voulenteer if I had not just bailed on another project due to writer's block.

Now if only Mazzy was romanceable.....

**EDIT**

Nothing extraordinary, since overdoing isn't my thing. Besides, I seem to recall there is already a PC-Mazzy romance going on somewhere, or somewhere else 

How did I miss that the first time? Anyone got any idea where this is being done?

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 15 December 2004 - 02:50 PM.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#5 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 02:56 PM

Eh, the wonders of cross-posting ;)
Anyway, Mazzy romance should be here http://www.dmrealms....f47f5fef9416191

#6 talonsblade

talonsblade

TalonsBlade

• 60 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:53 PM

hey bigg got your message, yes i love mazzy she's a sweet adorable young lady, when i play bg2 i do it solo with only mazzy with my halfling, i would love to help make this mazzy mod with banters/romances but as u can see my typeing sucks (grade5 quit sckool at 15 years old)-((PSS: i'm now 40 years old)) and i aint learned to spell still and i know nothing about computer programing, but i do love playing my BG2/iwd2 games alot so if u want a bata tester call me ok bigg.

#7 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:54 AM

hey bigg got your message, yes i love mazzy she's a sweet adorable young lady, when i play bg2 i do it solo with only mazzy with my halfling, i would love to help make this mazzy mod with banters/romances but as u can see my typeing sucks (grade5 quit sckool at 15 years old)-((PSS: i'm now 40 years old)) and i aint learned to spell still and i know nothing about computer programing, but i do love playing my BG2/iwd2 games alot so if u want a bata tester call me ok bigg.

View Post

Well, I can check spelling if that is a problem, and I can work on the technical side reasonably well, so that is not a problem :) . Of course, if you don't feel like doing this, then no problem at all, I just hoped I could work with some Mazzy fanatic :)

#8 talonsblade

talonsblade

TalonsBlade

• 60 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 07:16 AM

well i guess i could try but what would i need to do and what programs to use and how to use them.

#9 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 07:33 AM

well i guess i could try but what would i need to do and what programs to use and how to use them.

View Post

Well, what I'd need is you to do (of course, in case you're interested :) ) is to write some dialogues for Mazzy, for example adjusting all the places where there is talk about her inability of being a paladin, maybe writing some additional inter-party banters or a couple of interjections, like when visiting the Order, and expand on the role-playing component of the quest.
As far as programs go, any text editor would be OK. MS Words would be better given you say you could use some help in checking the spelling, but even Notepad is OK :) . I can code dialogues pretty easily, so you don't have to worry about alien programs or similar things.
Also, if English is not your native language, you can write them in your own, then I'll seek somebody to translate them in English :)

#10 talonsblade

talonsblade

TalonsBlade

• 60 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:46 AM

:ermm: ok i'll give it a try, it sould be easy, i've played alot of AD&D so i sould be able to get into mazzy's mind set. is there a way i can see all mazzy's dialog's and what she say's it might help me, that way i dont half to play bg2 just to see what she say's.

#11 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:39 PM

:ermm: ok i'll give it a try, it sould be easy, i've played alot of AD&D so i sould be able to get into mazzy's mind set. is there a way i can see all mazzy's dialog's and what she say's it might help me, that way i dont half to play bg2 just to see what she say's.

View Post

There are a few ways actually, but IMHO the most easy one would be, actually, to play the game through, especially if you have just started a game and/or don't know much about technical details :( . I'll investigate a bit, anyway.

#12 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:01 PM

InfExp is a great tool for investigating dialogues, especially if you don't want to get *too* complicated. ;)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#13 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:56 PM

InfExp is a great tool for investigating dialogues, especially if you don't want to get *too* complicated. ;)

View Post

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking, the problem is that, if you browse MAZZYJ.dlg, you see only the dialogues which start there (Pala, Gorf and Temple Ruins related dialogs) and don't catch all the other (that is, all the interjections).
Of course, it's more intuitive than crawling between NI and WeiDU :)

#14 Shining Light

Shining Light

Shining Light and the Rise of Smileyface

• 355 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:40 AM

When you said the relation ship is slave/master-is Mazzy the slave or the master?

[EDIT] Just re-read what you wrote and realised my mistake. Simply a matter of mis-translation.

Edited by Shining Light, 01 June 2005 - 04:41 AM.

"Joy comes through suffering," Joneleth Silverstar,
"Life is when the Spirit prepares for the Ethereal," Gorion Ralethscar
"Death can only rule Supreme. Anyone who resists this is a fool"

#15 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:59 AM

:D

What I meant was that, while it's usually writers who seek coders, I am a coder seeking a writer - something quite unusual. I don't even remember what was the slave/master supposed to mean ;)

Anyway, if you're interested in writing for Mazzy you're very welcome :)