• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:43 AM

Well my debugger is just testing the scripts and adding that one global does not give problems.

Yes, it does give problems.

From the script:

SetGlobal("KidoQuayle","LOCALS",1)

From the dialogue:

IF ~Global("KidoQuayle","LOCALS",0)~

The dialogue won't start if you don't remove the SetGlobal.

Okay I will remove it then. Apparently something went wrong in communication then. Sadly the script still doesn't work fine as Raelis talk keeps popping up

Will remove the conditions

Certainly not all of them, I hope.

View Post

Hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: No of course not my friend.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#22 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:00 PM

Okay I will remove it then. Apparently something went wrong in communication then. Sadly the script still doesn't work fine as Raelis talk keeps popping up

The problem is your WEIGHTing. The Aerie/Raelis dialogue has the exact same conditions as your dialogue and hence will fire first.

You need to come up with a way to differentiate the two. Possibly, try this in the script.

IF
InParty(Myself)
See("Quayle")
Global("KidoQuayle","LOCALS",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartDialogueNoSet("Quayle")
END

Then, change KidoJ.bcs to read:
CHAIN
IF ~See("Quayle") Global("KidoQuayle","LOCALS",1) InParty("Aerie") See("Aerie")~
THEN KIDOJ quayle1
~Oh jeez, you... you're Quayle! You... you are one of the smartest illusionists one can meet! I mean, I have heard of you in many a tale. You are perhaps not a bard, but an illusionist comes close to a bard, and... and you can also summon the powers of the divine! I, too, once gave some thought to becoming a Cleric, but I already had such a good voice and had attuned myself so much with it, that I couldn't bring myself to do it.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KidoQuayle","LOCALS",1)~
== QUAYLE ~I am glad that someone appreciates my intellect, but I have changed quite a bit thanks to my dear Aerie.~
== KIDOJ ~You can't be serious! Have you changed, because of her? She is nothing more than a sniffling, whining little child.~
=
~How could you bring down one of the best adventurers that ever were?! You... you wingless Avariel!~
== AERIEJ ~You... you should be ashamed of yourself. It is not nice to remind me of my present state. If it were not for Uncle Quayle, I would not have known what to do.~
== KIDOJ ~All the better! You probably wouldn't have been here!~
== QUAYLE ~That is enough! You will not shout at my beloved Aerie, nor will you cause her grief. Get out of my sight at once!~
== KIDOJ ~Oh, fiddlesticks! He has really turned soft. I hate it when that happens.~
EXIT

CHAIN
IF ~See("Quayle") Global("KidoQuayle","LOCALS",1) !InParty("Aerie")~
THEN KIDOJ quayle1
~Oh jeez, you... you're Quayle! You... you are one of the smartest illusionists one can meet! I mean, I have heard of you in many a tale. You are perhaps not a bard, but an illusionist comes close to a bard, and... and you can also summon the powers of the divine! I, too, once gave some thought to becoming a Cleric, but I already had such a good voice and had attuned myself so much with it, that I couldn't bring myself to do it.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KidoQuayle","LOCALS",1)~
== QUAYLE ~I am glad that someone appreciates my intellect, but I have changed quite a bit thanks to my dear Aerie. I don't do that kind of adventuring stuff anymore.~
== KIDOJ ~Oh, fiddlesticks!~
EXIT

Notice how I changed the variable from zero to one?
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#23 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:19 AM

I'll look at it as soon as I can, but the Raelis interjection (which is not posted here) says that Kido ought to see her, but that is quite impossible in the circus tent, so I still find it akward that that is triggered.

[edit] By the way is there no problem the chain is called quayle1 and that is not called for in the script?

Edited by Deathsangel, 10 January 2005 - 03:27 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#24 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 05:52 AM

I changed the variable at the end of Kido's first sentences, to a SetGlobal 2 or else the interjection would always run I reckon. For the rest I changed everything as you said.

CHAIN
IF ~See("Quayle") Global("KidoQuayle","LOCALS",1) InParty("Aerie") See("Aerie")~
THEN KIDOJ quayle1
~Oh jeez, you... you're Quayle! You... you are one of the smartest illusionists one can meet! I mean, I have heard of you in many a tale. You are perhaps not a bard, but an illusionist comes close to a bard, and... and you can also summon the powers of the divine! I, too, once gave some thought to becoming a Cleric, but I already had such a good voice and had attuned myself so much with it, that I couldn't bring myself to do it.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KidoQuayle","LOCALS",2)~
== QUAYLE ~I am glad that someone appreciates my intellect, but I have changed quite a bit thanks to my dear Aerie.~
== KIDOJ ~You can't be serious! Have you changed, because of her? She is nothing more than a sniffling, whining little child.~
=
~How could you bring down one of the best adventurers that ever were?! You... you wingless Avariel!~
== AERIEJ ~You... you should be ashamed of yourself. It is not nice to remind me of my present state. If it were not for Uncle Quayle, I would not have known what to do.~
== KIDOJ ~All the better! You probably wouldn't have been here!~
== QUAYLE ~That is enough! You will not shout at my beloved Aerie, nor will you cause her grief. Get out of my sight at once!~
== KIDOJ ~Oh, fiddlesticks! He has really turned soft. I hate it when that happens.~
EXIT

CHAIN
IF ~See("Quayle") Global("KidoQuayle","LOCALS",1) !InParty("Aerie")~
THEN KIDOJ quayle1
~Oh jeez, you... you're Quayle! You... you are one of the smartest illusionists one can meet! I mean, I have heard of you in many a tale. You are perhaps not a bard, but an illusionist comes close to a bard, and... and you can also summon the powers of the divine! I, too, once gave some thought to becoming a Cleric, but I already had such a good voice and had attuned myself so much with it, that I couldn't bring myself to do it.~ DO ~SetGlobal("KidoQuayle","LOCALS",2)~
== QUAYLE ~I am glad that someone appreciates my intellect, but I have changed quite a bit thanks to my dear Aerie. I don't do that kind of adventuring stuff anymore.~
== KIDOJ ~Oh, fiddlesticks!~
EXIT

However still have a question about this code

IF
InParty(Myself)
See("Quayle")
Global("KidoQuayle","LOCALS",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
StartDialogueNoSet("Quayle")
END

Which interjection should run (depending on if Aerie is present or not) is set in the CHAIN. However the interjection runs before the end of the end of the Circus quest and therefor interferes between the conversation between Aerie and Quayle.

I though of editing the variable Dead("Kalah"), but even that is before Aerie talks to Quayle so that she may leave the circus. The variable of the guard in front of the circus after he has talked to you when you finished the quest is, beside reputation increase etc., IncrementGlobal("D0Change","GLOBAL",1). However I do not totally grasp this variable. Does this mean I can make a variable in the script that says Global("D0Change","GLOBAL",1) in order to make sure the interjection happens after the circus quest has been completed.

Edited by Deathsangel, 10 January 2005 - 05:53 AM.

#25 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:28 AM

The problem isn't your weighting (since I told you a long time ago to put this dialogue at the top of your KidoJ.d), it's the problem that the Quayle-dialogue triggers sooner, yes? You'll need to fix that state in quayle.dlg, in this case.

Aaaand, D0Change is something you should touch, since it's from a mod by SimDing0. Please don't mod with other mods installed if you don't know exactly what those mods does, since there could be potential problems if someone later on decides to play your mod but not the other, and you've based your mod on the other mod's variables and stuff.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#26 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:01 AM

The problem isn't your weighting (since I told you a long time ago to put this dialogue at the top of your KidoJ.d), it's the problem that the Quayle-dialogue triggers sooner, yes? You'll need to fix that state in quayle.dlg, in this case.

Aaaand, D0Change is something you should touch, since it's from a mod by SimDing0. Please don't mod with other mods installed if you don't know exactly what those mods does, since there could be potential problems if someone later on decides to play your mod but not the other, and you've based your mod on the other mod's variables and stuff.

View Post

I didn't know that that variable came from SimDing0. I don't even have a clue which mod it would be at all... is virtue his?

But what do I need to fix in quayle.dlg then?

#27 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 03:27 AM

As I said, then: Don't mod when you have other mods installed. *sigh*

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#28 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 03:42 AM

As I said, then: Don't mod when you have other mods installed. *sigh*

View Post

I hear you. I will put the dialog.tlk back and delete the override folder manually.

But please be so kind as what global I should check as I can't find a global which tells the circus quest is finished after the Quayle-Aerie interjection about her leaving

#29 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:02 AM

I hear you. I will put the dialog.tlk back and delete the override folder manually.

:blink: :o :crying: :( :bash:

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#30 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 06:42 AM

View Post

Who! Sorry, someone told me that that was the easy way to do it. Well, then I have to reinstall everything, as the strange thing is that some mods work though they say they aren't installed.

The real thing is that I am extremely busy organizing a party and in order not to be absent to long I reply quick. However, someone really told me that that was the quick way to do it.

I apoligize if I drive you guys to the brink of insanity.

#31 Rastor

Rastor

Yes, I really am a dragon. Yes, I am a jerk. Live with it.

• 2001 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 06:45 PM

View Post

Who! Sorry, someone told me that that was the easy way to do it. Well, then I have to reinstall everything, as the strange thing is that some mods work though they say they aren't installed.

The real thing is that I am extremely busy organizing a party and in order not to be absent to long I reply quick. However, someone really told me that that was the quick way to do it.

I apoligize if I drive you guys to the brink of insanity.

View Post

Using WeiDU to uninstall Virtue seems easier to me.
Home of Kitanya, Improved Asylum, more...

Posted Image

#32 SConrad

SConrad

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 11:16 PM

Using WeiDU to uninstall Virtue seems easier to me.

That'd... be a bit smarter, yes.

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#33 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:43 AM

I have about 12-15 mods installed.

Some won't uninstall -> Vanim
Some say they aren't installed, but surely run -> Kelsey SoA
Some can just be uninstalled -> Kido

This is why I can't just uninstall everything. Even though it might be smarter. Certainly because of the first line, somethings do not wish to be uninstalled.

Somehow it has gotten messy. I rather think I will redo he entire installation. Just to be sure.

#34 neriana

neriana
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 03:36 AM

This is why I can't just uninstall everything. Even though it might be smarter. Certainly because of the first line, somethings do not wish to be uninstalled.

Somehow it has gotten messy. I rather think I will redo he entire installation. Just to be sure.

View Post

Use more than one installation in the future. Keep a back-up copy of SoA + ToB + Patch + Baldurdash. Use a separate copy to mod with, and don't put any mods but the one you're working on in it. Then use a separate copy to play with. Here are the instructions: http://forums.gibber...p?showtopic=291 Further instructions are here: http://forums.gibber...wtopic=650&st=0

Deleting the dialogue.tlk will make your game not run. Deleting the override folder will... make the game not run as well, or certainly make it crash like crazy. Non-WeiDU mods are a messy pain and should not be used by anyone who does not know precisely what they are getting into.

#35 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:07 AM

View Post

Use more than one installation in the future. Keep a back-up copy of SoA + ToB + Patch + Baldurdash. Use a separate copy to mod with, and don't put any mods but the one you're working on in it. Then use a separate copy to play with. Here are the instructions: http://forums.gibber...p?showtopic=291 Further instructions are here: http://forums.gibber...wtopic=650&st=0

Deleting the dialogue.tlk will make your game not run. Deleting the override folder will... make the game not run as well, or certainly make it crash like crazy. Non-WeiDU mods are a messy pain and should not be used by anyone who does not know precisely what they are getting into.

View Post

That costs somewhat a lot of space. Besides I do not want to delete them. Replace them! I have the original dialog.tlk and override folder of SoA+ToB. Oh, and I don't use baldurdash.

[edit] However, we are getting OT. Thus SConrad what should I change in the Quayle.dlg in order to let Kido's interjections not run during the first Aerie-Quayle dialog?

Edited by Deathsangel, 12 January 2005 - 08:12 AM.

#36 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:05 AM

Something new. I can't get Kido to face a certain direction what is the direction of up and a bit to the right. Thus between ^ and ->.

I mean which number corresponds with it?

Edited by Deathsangel, 17 January 2005 - 08:06 AM.

#37 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 10:38 AM

From IESDP:

7 CreateCreature(S:NewObject*,P:Location*,I:Face*)
Is used to create anything from creature files (.cre like Orc01.cre) to NPC's (.cre as in Aerie.cre). With NewObject being the creature name, Location being [x.y] and direction being which way they are facing (from 0-15, 0 being south and the facing values increasing as the character turns clockwise) .

Try a facing value of 10. :)

#38 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:53 AM

From IESDP:

7 CreateCreature(S:NewObject*,P:Location*,I:Face*)
Is used to create anything from creature files (.cre like Orc01.cre) to NPC's (.cre as in Aerie.cre). With NewObject being the creature name, Location being [x.y] and direction being which way they are facing (from 0-15, 0 being south and the facing values increasing as the character turns clockwise) .

Try a facing value of 10. :)

View Post

I really need to learn how to search. I look at IESDP and can't find anything, but here you go and present it to me. I'm a lousy looker. Idiot that I am :bash: :bash: :bash:

#39 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:17 AM

When in doubt, look up the scripting action in IESDP. Most of the time I find what I need immediately. :)

#40 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 03:34 AM

Argh... looking at Aerie's script, but I can't find something. :( I am really lousy at finding something I want to find. I am looking for the Visual effect that happens when she transforms. The very same you see if a Cleric gets his Holy symbol? Anyone can guide me to something? :ermm: