Photo

Just wondering if this script will work

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 06:08 AM

I don't recall what it looks like, but her dialog just uses the Polymorph command so I'm guessing it's the standard polymorph animation. Is it SPPolymp.bam?

#42 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:29 AM

How do I view that bam? Through DLTCEP?

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#43 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:55 AM

DLTCEP, Near Infinity, Infinity Explorer--any would do. Infinity Explorer lists Bams by biff, which can be useful though. If you use IE, it'll be in a biff called spellanim or something like that.

#44 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 03:19 PM

DLTCEP, Near Infinity, Infinity Explorer--any would do.  Infinity Explorer lists Bams by biff, which can be useful though.  If you use IE, it'll be in a biff called spellanim or something like that.

View Post

What do you mean by biff? I do not see what you mean.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#45 -your Name-

-your Name-

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:33 PM

I am looking for the Visual effect that happens when she transforms. The very same you see if a Cleric gets his Holy symbol?

Huh? Which one? The dispel magic (SPDISPMA) or contingency (SPCONTIN) animation? If I remember right, Aerie gets the dispel magic effect (from, aptly enough, the AERIE_DISPEL spell), and clerics get the contingency animation when they get their holy symbol.

A BIFF file is simply a generic wrapper format for the game's resources (if you look in the data or CDn/data directories, you notice a bunch of .BIF files). Only a small fraction of the game files are actually in the various sub-directories - most are packaged in the BIFF files. All of the popular editors read the files that are contained in the BIFFs; when you save a file that's in one of the BIFFs, it gets saved to the override directory (which, conveniently enough, overrides the resources contained in the BIFFs).

As to what BIFF is, who knows? My guess is something like BioWare Infinity File Format, or something suitably generic. No sense of adventure...

#46 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 06:33 PM

I'm still wondering what the heck 2da stands for. :)

When you open Infinity Explorer, you choose Graphics (BAM) on the left. Once that is open, it'll list a bunch of .bif files in which are packed a bunch of bam files. Most spell animations are in SPELAnim.bif.

#47 -your Name-

-your Name-

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:02 PM

I'm still wondering what the heck 2da stands for. :)

2-Dimensional Array

#48 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:06 PM

Heheh, thanks. :thumbsup:

#49 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 03:11 AM

I am looking for the Visual effect that happens when she transforms. The very same you see if a Cleric gets his Holy symbol?

Huh? Which one? The dispel magic (SPDISPMA) or contingency (SPCONTIN) animation? If I remember right, Aerie gets the dispel magic effect (from, aptly enough, the AERIE_DISPEL spell), and clerics get the contingency animation when they get their holy symbol.

A BIFF file is simply a generic wrapper format for the game's resources (if you look in the data or CDn/data directories, you notice a bunch of .BIF files). Only a small fraction of the game files are actually in the various sub-directories - most are packaged in the BIFF files. All of the popular editors read the files that are contained in the BIFFs; when you save a file that's in one of the BIFFs, it gets saved to the override directory (which, conveniently enough, overrides the resources contained in the BIFFs).

As to what BIFF is, who knows? My guess is something like BioWare Infinity File Format, or something suitably generic. No sense of adventure...

View Post

I am looking for the cleric effect when they get a holy symbol, but that certainly isn't SPCONTIN. At least not what I saw when it happend to Viconia. It where 4 blue lines floating from her head down.

So should I code, if it is SPCONTIN (cause I can't find the one I mean and will look at the game again)

VisualEffect("SPCONTIN")

To get what I want?

#50 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:04 AM

I checked the spell that grants the holy symbol, and it's spdispma.bam. You can find that in the same place as the sppolymp.bam.

As for playing it:

272 CreateVisualEffect(S:Object*,P:Location*)
The Object parameter here should actually be ResRef since it references a VVC file with priority. If a VVC file is not found, it will search for a BAM file. If I were to rename this, I'd call it PlayAnimationPoint().

273 CreateVisualEffectObject(S:DialogFile*,O:Target*)
Again, a weird first parameter. DialogFile should actually be ResRef. If a VVC file is found, it will play that, and if not, it will try to play a BAM of the filename specified. The difference between this and CreateVisualEffect() is that this references an object.

Examples from that page:

CreateVisualEffectObject("SPCLOUD1",Player1)
CreateVisualEffectObject("SPPLANAR","udvith")

IESDP to the rescue again. :)

#51 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:06 AM

Okay StoneWolf, Master of the IESDP, how do you search? I need a course in searching IESDP, cause I feel quite annoyed having to ask questions which apparently are easy to find in IESDP, which I cannot find. I feel I am bugging the lot of you.

#52 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 12:17 AM

Finding stuff in IESDP is just a matter of Ctrl-F. There's no search engine, so you just go to the page you want (script actions, effects, whatever) and do a text search in that page to find what you need. :)

#53 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:34 AM

Finding stuff in IESDP is just a matter of Ctrl-F.  There's no search engine, so you just go to the page you want (script actions, effects, whatever) and do a text search in that page to find what you need. :)

View Post

Me ought to:

:bash: :wall: :bash: :wall: :bash:

And:

:gun: Me

I am a :drunk: idiot

Hit me like :fish: I deserve.

Those that are brilliant are the ones that find the most easiest sollution :thumb: Big noob feeling coming over me :crying:

Thanks. Hope to be lest questionable in the futher