• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:05 AM

Hi,

after 6 months I've finished to translate my tc, return to trademeet, into english.

now I need some beta tester for the english version in order to find grammar mistakes or sentence without a clear meaning.

however, all the translation was already checked by proofreaders, but it's invetibale the presence of some mistakes.

rtt is quite bug free, infact the italian version is out from 4 months and so I had the time to correct the bugs found.

the requisite are only two:

you need to donwload 200 mb

you need a clean installation of bg2: tob; I mean without mods installed (a small or a big installation of bg2 isn't important).

the work is easy... when you find a grammar mistake or when you don't completely understand the sense of a sentece, you have to write the ten words of that sentence with near the corrections (if it's a grammar mistake).

in there is some questions I'll be happy to answer.

bye, dario

p.s. don't panic! no proofreader checked this post, so it's probably (sure) there are grammar mistake. ;)

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#2 Gaias

Gaias
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 01:08 PM

I would be more than happy to beta test this for you al17. :D

Though I have no practical experience with beta testing anything... I would more than make up for it with genuine enthusiasm! I have about 10 clean installs of Baldur's Gate: Throne of Bhaal sitting on my harddrive as of now. I also have lots of free time... too much people say. :P

Just point me in the download direction, start crackin that whip, and I will go a grammar huntin!

Edited by Gaias, 18 December 2004 - 01:10 PM.

#3 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:06 PM

ok gaias, thanks for the offer!

I've sent you a pm with the details.

however this is a "grammar" beta test. I don't think you'll find editing bugs (maybe just some buggy items! ;) )

your "work" is easy... if you find a grammar error you should record the 4-5 words near the mistake and at the end send me an e-mail with all those.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

Return To Trademeet (http://rtteng.altervista.org), my mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Try it! ;)

#4 Gaias

Gaias
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:10 PM

however this is a "grammar" beta test. I don't think you'll find editing bugs (maybe just some buggy items! ;) )

your "work" is easy... if you find a grammar error you should record the 4-5 words near the mistake and at the end send me an e-mail with all those.

View Post

Yeah yeah I know, I will be a "glorifyied text editor". :P Hey how about I use the title "Linguistic Incorrectness Procuror" :D

#5 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 07:25 PM

even if I've some doubt about the meaning of "Procuror"... ok, it's sound good! :D

Now you are a Linguistic Incorrectness Procuror! Compliments! :D

View Post

Yeah yeah I know, I will be a "glorifyied text editor". :P Hey how about I use the title "Linguistic Incorrectness Procuror" :D

View Post

Edited by al17, 18 December 2004 - 07:25 PM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#6 Gaias

Gaias
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 07:43 PM

"Linguistic Incorrectness Procuror"

Should be "Linguisctic Incorrectness Procurer"

See I am already correcting grammar mistakes!... even if they are my own :P

Damn I am good! :D

FYI: Procurer = someone who obtains or acquires

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:13 PM

I'm sorry, I know this is spam, but I just love the fact that you made a spelling mistake in your spelling correction...

Should be "Linguisctic Incorrectness Procurer"

Should be "Linguistic Incorrectness Procurer"

Sorry... I couldn't resist

#8 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 01:26 AM

yep, procurer... I know who this guy is.

I've a panic attack when someone write a word with a wrong letter.

I don't think "hey... maybe that's a mistake" I immediately try to find a strange and archaic sense in that word.

NO! I'm reading a new word... beacuse!! so, dario, be quiet... maybe it's a compound word... beac and use... the use of beac! but beac... what is a beac!?! :D

ok, I'm not still at this point, but when I find a word I don't know written in a wrong way, it's quite difficult for me to discover the real meaning.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#9 LoOk

LoOk
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:05 AM

I would really love to play (test) this mod!
Check your email, because I emailed an a little more detailled message.

- LoOk
You can never name any better game for me than Baldur's Gate!

Got nothing to say..

#10 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:16 AM

email cheked! now you have to check your! :)

I would really love to play (test) this mod!
Check your email, because I emailed an a little more detailled message.

- LoOk

View Post

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#11 LoOk

LoOk
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:24 AM

Got no message or email.. Did you email it to my MSN identity which I now have set up in my profile? Just registered 10 minutes ago. But did you sent it to that adress? lookvanv... etc?

Sorry, already got your email!
This week I won't be able to play for more, say, 1 hour a day because the teachers think it's funny to let you deliver all your stuff before the holiday rather than after. :P
But after that. I'll start playing for real. :thumb:

Edited by LoOk, 20 December 2004 - 09:40 AM.

Got nothing to say..

#12 LoOk

LoOk
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 12:12 PM

I don't know why but I can't seem to play it normally.
No single character that can join me has voicing. (The new ones, no spoken lines either) and I can't travel out of Trademeet. I get a quest for those dwarves in the beginning and the game just crashes when I leave Trademeet. Some area is also 3 times on my worldmap.
Don't know if this sounds familiar to you?

- LoOk

Got nothing to say..

#13 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 05:18 AM

No single character that can join me has voicing

this is a beta version there is no voice, sorry. :)

Some area is also 3 times on my worldmap.

the 3 areas you see on the worldmap aren't the same. They are the "suburbs" of trademeet.

I can't travel out of Trademeet. I get a quest for those dwarves in the beginning and the game just crashes when I leave Trademeet

this is new... I released the italian version of rtt 4 months ago and since then a lot of guys write me they finish the mod.

I think this is an english conversion problem... now I try to install the english version of rtt... I'll post again in the next hour.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#14 juan

juan
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:04 AM

Hi friends. I was watching the "Return to Trademeet" web page ant the mod seems very interesting.

I would like to help you but sorry, I´m spanish and my english level is low.

Two questions:

When are you going to release this interesting mod in the english version?

Is a total conversion? (I ask this because I´ve seen in the screenshots the portraits of Viconia and Imoen).

Thank you and congratulations for this well done mod. I hope to play it soon. :)

#15 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:07 AM

thanks for the compiments.

yep, rtt is a tc and there will be an english version when this beta test will finish.

however that web site is very very old... now there are more features... :)

Hi friends. I was watching the "Return to Trademeet" web page ant the mod seems very interesting.

I would like to help you but sorry, I´m spanish and my english level is low.

Two questions:

When are you going to release this interesting mod in the english version?

Is a total conversion? (I ask this because I´ve seen in the screenshots the portraits of Viconia and Imoen).

Thank you and congratulations for this well done mod. I hope to play it soon.  :)

View Post

Edited by al17, 21 December 2004 - 06:21 AM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#16 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:16 AM

I get a quest for those dwarves in the beginning and the game just crashes when I leave Trademeet.

I've just tried the english rtt and it seems there isn't this problem. I've created a new game and I successed to travel to the dwarves' mountain and to the other areas on the world map.

see these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

or there is problem of compatibility between the italian version of the original bg2 and the english one or maybe there is a problem with the install of your bg2. have you edited the baldur.ini file (if it's a copy of the original folder)? you could also try to empty the cache folder.

maybe there were other mods installed?

and, yep, i was forgetting... a the end, have you received my mail?

Edited by al17, 21 December 2004 - 06:18 AM.

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#17 LoOk

LoOk
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:40 AM

I only installed the latest patch and baldurdash on my default backup map. I reaaaally hope there isn't some incompatibility with baldurdash because I don't like to install BGII over again...

Got nothing to say..

#18 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:14 PM

I only installed the latest patch and baldurdash on my default backup map. I reaaaally hope there isn't some incompatibility with baldurdash because I don't like to install BGII over again...

View Post

really... I don't know... the latest patch is ok and baldurash... I never tried with it.

however two other guys those are beta testing rtt haven't your problem, so it shouldn't be a "non italian" version.

when you select the area to travel, do you see the loading screen?

you could try to use the cluaconsole:

MoveToArea("MD1500")

that is "dwarf's mountain"

rtt14ban5bv.jpg

#19 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:56 AM

Doesn't work just for the record.
Same loading screen crash.

#20 al17

al17
  • Modder
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:09 AM

Doesn't work just for the record.
Same loading screen crash.

View Post

have you installed baldurdash?

rtt14ban5bv.jpg