Starting a FAQ...

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 08:31 AM

Ok, call me silly but I believe in happy ends so I'm asking...will there be a wedding? :wub:
Oh and one more thing...If there will be a wedding who is going to say: "Now, you may kiss the bride". I guess that won't be Elminster :lol:
"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

Writer for Brotherhood of Quill, new BG2 mod by Forgotten Demigod!

Can I have a bite, please?

#22 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 09:08 AM

Ok, call me silly but I believe in happy ends so I'm asking...will there be a wedding? :wub:
Oh and one more thing...If there will be a wedding who is going to say: "Now, you may kiss the bride". I guess that won't be Elminster :lol:

Well, towards the very end of ToB Edwin will ask you to marry him. :) There won't be a wedding within the mod itself though - but the details of what happens there will be mentioned in the epilogue if you stay mortal. And no, Elminster won't get to give away the bride. ;)

#23 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 09:39 AM

And no, Elminster won't get to give away the bride. ;)

Really, I'm not surprised :P

Can't wait to see the mod, it looks really good. Did I say I love you all? ^_^
"...whenever people arguing on the same theory do not reach the same conclusion, you may be sure they do not know what they are talking about."
--Hippocrates

#24 Jenova

Jenova

Professional Hypocrite

• 156 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:03 AM

I hope this is the right place to ask... :unsure:

Yesterday I was happily playing Baldur's Gate and suddenly... Edwin attacked Minsc :( Now I know it is supposed to happen but will the romance mod do something about it? I think I read somewhere that there will be a alingment change. Will this prevent the fight between Edwin and my poor, poor Minsc (Who is lying dead somewhere in the docks of Athkatla <_< )?
--Hippocrates

#25 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 05:56 AM

For me it's always been edwin who pegs it, not that he doesn't deserve it mind, he does really wind Misnc up in the original dialoges, but I agree with the idea of changing this, the best NPC's I find (tob as well) are Minsc, Edwin, Jan (though I wish to use his cross bow for reasons best not described and are very unpleasent, for Jan that is) Imoen, Anomen, Seravok, Yoshimo (I hated it when I found that he betrayed you, especially since my char was a level 22/26 fighter/priest) and Korgan (I like Korgan, he's uncomplicated, give him an ale and a big ax (reasons that I won't investigate, maybe h'es compensating for something? Who knows)

I've just reliesd that I'm drifting and will shoot myself now
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#26 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:49 AM

I hope this is the right place to ask... :unsure:

Yesterday I was happily playing Baldur's Gate and suddenly... Edwin attacked Minsc :( Now I know it is supposed to happen but will the romance mod do something about it? I think I read somewhere that there will be a alingment change. Will this prevent the fight between Edwin and my poor, poor Minsc (Who is lying dead somewhere in the docks of Athkatla <_< )?

*thinks hard*

I believe we fixed it so that if Edwin is in an active romance with you, he won't get into fights. And that would be independent of alignment.

#27 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:19 AM

Laufey I could kiss you for cards and reshuffled, I won't bother with the number of times I was laughing and getting funny stares from the librariean :D :D :D The best fighter and the best mage, will Misnc offer Edwina the chance to be his witch? that would be funny ^_^

Edited by Dalis'ilhea, 20 May 2004 - 02:21 AM.

I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

#28 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:51 AM

Laufey I could kiss you for cards and reshuffled, I won't bother with the number of times I was laughing and getting funny stares from the librariean :D :D :D The best fighter and the best mage, will Misnc offer Edwina the chance to be his witch? that would be funny ^_^

Well, Minsc already has a witch - don't know how far you've read, so I'd rather not spoil you. ;) And I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the story. :D

#29 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:40 AM

I meant offering Edwina in the mod, as for the story I'm eagerly awaiting the chapters after 199

#30 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:24 AM

I meant offering Edwina in the mod, as for the story I'm eagerly awaiting the chapters after 199

Ah, the mod! :) No, haven't written that in. It would be a bit complicated, since Minsc after all offers Aerie to be his witch.

#31 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:47 AM

Thats another thing... is she going to be based on Reshuffled at all? if so I want to go and hide now :o

#32 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:02 AM

Thats another thing... is she going to be based on Reshuffled at all? if so I want to go and hide now :o

No, that plotline isn't in. :)

#33 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:35 AM

The evil wench, hehe I think I like your version better I do like Aerie mind, but I can't understand how one person can whine and moan so much granted she did lose her wings and basicly has had a horrible life, but I would think that such would make you rather nasty and hardened towards life not the opposite :huh:

#34 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:14 AM

The evil wench, hehe I think I like your version better I do like Aerie mind, but I can't understand how one person can whine and moan so much granted she did lose her wings and basicly has had a horrible life, but I would think that such would make you rather nasty and hardened towards life not the opposite :huh:

*grin* Thank you. I like my version better too.

#35 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:00 AM

OK, didn't see this asked yet, so if I missed it, sorry!

But what about *ahem* Edwina? Different flirts and such? It could be fun... *Grins evilly*

Edwin<>JonnyDepp?

Edited by KiwiRose, 27 May 2004 - 08:02 AM.

Posted Image

#36 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:16 AM

OK, didn't see this asked yet, so if I missed it, sorry!

But what about *ahem* Edwina? Different flirts and such? It could be fun... *Grins evilly*

Edwin<>JonnyDepp?

If you play a male PC, Edwina will have certain special dialogues with him. :) As for if they can be call proper 'flirts' or not...you will have to wait and see. ;)

And if you are a female PC, and in the romance with Edwin, the romance dialouges will continue while he is Edwina.

#37 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:18 AM

What I mean is if you're playing as a female, and Edwin turns into Edwina, will you get to do stuff diffrently? Like flirts for example. (There ARE flirts, right?) Grabbing his- I mean her breasts, that sort of thing?

*Snickers as she images his reaction*
Posted Image

#38 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 11:10 AM

What I mean is if you're playing as a female, and Edwin turns into Edwina, will you get to do stuff diffrently? Like flirts for example. (There ARE flirts, right?) Grabbing his- I mean her breasts, that sort of thing?

*Snickers as she images his reaction*

Nope...nothing like that. I wouldn't feel comfortable with writing that.

#39 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

• 737 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 01:03 AM

also it isn't something that an ex-man (pun intended) would be comfortable with, I mean come on, he ain't supposed to have breasts, I can imagine lots of things and putting myself in his place with that happening would probably make me want to hit someone hard (alot of pent up anger I would imagine, as well as embarrisment) and I think that if the option was made avalible then doing so would end the romance, now different subtle, and gentle flirts I ould imagine working, it worked for Rini afterall

#40 KiwiRose

KiwiRose

Necromancer

• 106 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:49 AM

Yeah, I suppose you're right. A little dissapointed but it's cool. Still love Edwin! :wub:
Posted Image