Starting a FAQ...

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:30 AM

Yeah, I suppose you're right. A little dissapointed but it's cool. Still love Edwin! :wub:

And you'll get your chance to love him, all right. ;)

#42 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:15 AM

It would be a bit complicated, since Minsc after all offers Aerie to be his witch.

if aerie's in ur party and minsc only sometimes asks her in my games

#43 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 31 August 2004 - 01:31 PM

is there a mod that lets you become a harper

#44 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 31 August 2004 - 07:04 PM

did you move the reply list

#45 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 31 August 2004 - 07:05 PM

wait asking here won't help then nooooooooooooooooooooooooo :( :( :(

#46 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 04:22 AM

Lol...why not create a new topic about joining the Harpers in the section "Mod Ideas"? It could work, y'know...rather than posting this question randomly in topics across the board. :P

I have a question too. ^_^ I'm a little worried that one might miss a (necessary) PC/Edwina conversation when Edwina gets turned back into Edwin. Is it coded that Degardan won't appear until the needed talks are done?

#47 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 09:11 AM

I have a question too. ^_^ I'm a little worried that one might miss a (necessary) PC/Edwina conversation when Edwina gets turned back into Edwin. Is it coded that Degardan won't appear until the needed talks are done?

Yes, it's coded so that Degardan won't appear until all the necessary PC/Edwina conversations have occurred. :)

#48 -Isina-

-Isina-

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:20 PM

I've romanced Eddie before, but I forgot if the patches are required... because I had Dungeon-b-Gone, and both Edwin romances (ToB adn SoA versions) and Kelsey with the patches to both games, respectively, but his first LT kept having errors (i.e., being "Yakman" dialogues, not having any dialogue at all, ect., ect...)

#49 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:07 AM

I've romanced Eddie before, but I forgot if the patches are required... because I had Dungeon-b-Gone, and both Edwin romances (ToB adn SoA versions) and Kelsey with the patches to both games, respectively, but his first LT kept having errors (i.e., being "Yakman" dialogues, not having any dialogue at all, ect., ect...)

View Post

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly - do you mean you don't have the game patches installed? I know that if I don't have the ToB patch, I get screwy dialogue, and I got that before ever installing any mods.

If you do have the patches installed, then I would recommend uninstalling your mods, reinstalling the game and reinstalling the mods. Sometimes when you have many mods at the same time, the dialogue file can get scrambled.

#50 --Katrina--

--Katrina--

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:36 PM

Hey... I got a quick question. I know this may seem stupid, but.... to play the Edwin Romance Mod in TOB, do you have to import CHARNAME and Eddie already in a romance, or can I just summon him? Because I've summoned him once, and he never did anything, and I got half way through the game with no romance. :crying:

Heh heh, anyhow, if I'm just being stupid, let me know. I just kind of want to play the TOB mod. Thanks in advance.

#51 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:21 PM

Hey... I got a quick question. I know this may seem stupid, but.... to play the Edwin Romance Mod in TOB, do you have to import CHARNAME and Eddie already in a romance, or can I just summon him? Because I've summoned him once, and he never did anything, and I got half way through the game with no romance.  :crying:

Heh heh, anyhow, if I'm just being stupid, let me know. I just kind of want to play the TOB mod. Thanks in advance.

View Post

With the latest version of the mod, you can indeed summon him into ToB with romance available, which wasn't possible with the one you've used before.

#52 iguana-on-a-stick

iguana-on-a-stick
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:56 PM

A minor question:

Edwin gave me a gift, that says it provides "mind shield" to my character. (amongst other things) What exactly is this supposed to protect me from? I thought it would prevent domination, but it doesn't. Nor does it help against confusion. Does it only prevent charms, or is there a bug here?

#53 -Shadow Heart-

-Shadow Heart-

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:13 PM

Hey, I wantd to ask about the Bodhi turning your lover part. Usually, when that happens I remov my love interest from the party and get them back after the first encounter, can I do this with Edwin or will it destroy what you;ve done or mess up the mod? Can I still use my back door? :wacko: 'Cause this is my first time really playing the mod and I do love Eddie so I don't want to make an irreperable mistake. Nice job on the mod btw :wub:

#54 Minarvia

Minarvia

Wounded Orb

• 856 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:29 PM

Hey, I wantd to ask about the Bodhi turning your lover part. Usually, when that happens I remov my love interest from the party and get them back after the first encounter, can I do this with Edwin or will it destroy what you;ve done or mess up the mod? Can I still use my back door? :wacko: 'Cause this is my first time really playing the mod and I do love Eddie so I don't want to make an irreperable mistake. Nice job on the mod btw :wub:

Well, I don't see any replies for you and I can't really answer your back door question because I've never tried such a thing! But I would suggest that you allow the Eddie abduction because it makes for a very sweet part of the story. Also, and the following is a spoiler I think (it may be in the FAQ somewhere but I don't remember -
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

after you resurrect Eddie you have the chance to change his alignment. Why would you want to miss out on that? And the talk is sweet. I say go for it!

#55 RapidEyeMovement

RapidEyeMovement
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:57 PM

Hey, I wantd to ask about the Bodhi turning your lover part. Usually, when that happens I remov my love interest from the party and get them back after the first encounter, can I do this with Edwin or will it destroy what you;ve done or mess up the mod? Can I still use my back door? :wacko:

Suppose you can do that, the abduction thing has nothing to do with the lovetalk sequence, as far as I understand. :)

I don't remember, though, if you can kick Eddie out of the party without screwing up the romance, please check the readme file. Anyways, you can always use the console to restore your romance: CLUAConsole:("EdwinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)

Edited by RapidEyeMovement, 18 January 2006 - 08:09 PM.

#56 -Shadow Heart-

-Shadow Heart-

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:51 PM

Thank you for your help, Lloth I must seem annoying for asking. Thanks for the help and it's a wonderful mod, inspired me to get back to work on myown!

#57 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:06 AM

A minor question:

Edwin gave me a gift, that says it provides "mind shield" to my character. (amongst other things) What exactly is this supposed to protect me from? I thought it would prevent domination, but it doesn't. Nor does it help against confusion. Does it only prevent charms, or is there a bug here?

I thought it did protect against domination, as well as regular charm spells, but since I didn't make it, I must have been mistaken. I'll check on this.

Hi, glad you like the mod! :) I think you can do that if you want to, but I'd advice against it, since you'd be missing the vampire related parts of the mod.

#58 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:39 AM

Um... sorry, stupid question: I recall reading about Edwin's possible change of alignment somewhere, is that still (or at all) in the mod?

Sorry about asking this... but I did not find information about this in the readme or in the FAQs, unless I have overlooked something. :unsure:

#59 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:27 PM

Um... sorry, stupid question: I recall reading about Edwin's possible change of alignment somewhere, is that still (or at all) in the mod?

Sorry about asking this... but I did not find information about this in the readme or in the FAQs, unless I have overlooked something. :unsure:

Yes, when you resurrect Edwin from vampirism, you will have the option for his alignment to change, depending on what you tell him.

#60 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:43 PM

Great, thanks a lot. :)