• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:47 AM

Hi, I'd like to steal the idea of the improved difficulty system (that is, using a variable instead of the hardcoded Difficulty trigger) for coding in all the game in the Bigg Pack.

May I? :)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#2 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:00 PM

Go for it :D How you deal with the difficulty will most likely be different than how we are doing it.... so it isnt really stealing at all.

Cuv

#3 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:17 PM

Go for it  :D    How you deal with the difficulty will most likely be different than how we are doing it.... so it isnt really stealing at all.

Cuv

View Post

The new difficulty system will be only in RTW and will not affect the rest of the game. Same for the AI... all the monsters will be custom creatures with their own AI.

The difficulty system is based on variables that will be set at the beginning of the quest via conversation. It would be very difficult and time consuming to apply it to the rest of the game.

The above is from the "a new approach to roleplaying" thread. All I do, is correcting that statement. Some strict censors might call that "idea theft", so I thought I'd warn you :)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#4 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 02:43 AM

Go for it  :D    How you deal with the difficulty will most likely be different than how we are doing it.... so it isnt really stealing at all.

Cuv

View Post

The new difficulty system will be only in RTW and will not affect the rest of the game. Same for the AI... all the monsters will be custom creatures with their own AI.

The difficulty system is based on variables that will be set at the beginning of the quest via conversation. It would be very difficult and time consuming to apply it to the rest of the game.

The above is from the "a new approach to roleplaying" thread. All I do, is correcting that statement. Some strict censors might call that "idea theft", so I thought I'd warn you :)

View Post

If we wanted to keep them to ourselves, we'd be pretty stupid to post them on a public forum. No need to ask, ideas are there for the using.