Aribeth's ring

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 07:01 AM

I have a question about Aribeth's ring (which seems to be a bug) : that ring should grant the wearer 18 magic resistance, but when I check the character sheet the MR is 0. So ?

#2 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 07:49 AM

Might be a bug like this: The ring's description is right, but the spell resistance hasn't been added. So it just might be an ordinary ring with different description and item image.

Edit: I never used the ring myself, though. Had better rings at the point where the ring was given.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 20 December 2004 - 07:51 AM.

#3 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 07:52 AM

Might be a bug like this: The ring's description is right, but the spell res hasn't been added. So it just might an ordinary ring with different description and item image.

View Post

It's not like this. The description of the ring does not say anything about a MR, just "a gift from your friend Aribeth" and that's all, but I checked with the editor and it should be 18 MR (and a walkthrough confirmed that).

#4 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 08:05 AM

Strange :huh: ... if the ring has the spell res 18 ability, what could keep it from working?

#5 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 20 December 2004 - 06:06 PM

I don't think the ring is supposed to do ANYTHING.

Description of Aribeth's Ring:
Lady Aribeth, Paladin of Neverwinter, gave this ring to one of her city's heroes as a token of their friendship. The thick band of gold inlaid with elven figures has a look that is both striking and graceful.

Base Item: Ring
Weight: 0.1

The possession of this ring is supposed to negate the CHA/Persuade check required to convince her to turn herself in.

#6 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 09:57 PM

Lady Aribeth, Paladin of Neverwinter, gave this ring to one of her city's heroes as a token of their friendship. The thick band of gold inlaid with elven figures has a look that is both striking and graceful.

The possession of this ring is supposed to negate the CHA/Persuade check required to convince her to turn herself in.

View Post

Yup. That's all it does. There is no extra abilities/resistancies with that ring.
I'm think you are talking about another ring, which is related to Aribeth.

"Aribeth's Ring"
Once the family heirloom of an elven paladin of Tyr, this protective ring was lost with the fall of its owner in combat.
Spell Resistance +18

This is not the ring you get. I think this is a ring that Aribeth actually wears.

Ring of the Woodelves
As a child, Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande helped to save her home of Thundertree from the spells of a power-hungry Luskan wizard, doing so with the aid of this ring. Crafted by the elves of the Neverwinter Wood and given to her by the ranger Ansal Bloodshoulder, it was once a dear possession of hers... but no longer. On the road to becoming a paladin of Tyr, there have been times when she felt the need to break from her past - to shed certain parts of herself so that the light of the Just God would find her unburdened. For whatever reason, Lady Aribeth no longer chooses to recognize this ring as hers, and it has passed to other hands. Like its former owner, the silver band is graceful and resilient, elegant but with a hidden strength.
Spell Resistance +16

This ring can be bought for a vendor or looted from a creature.

#7 Feanor

Feanor

The Elven Lord

• 1808 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 12:20 AM

View Post

Yup. That's all it does. There is no extra abilities/resistancies with that ring.
I'm think you are talking about another ring, which is related to Aribeth.

"Aribeth's Ring"
Once the family heirloom of an elven paladin of Tyr, this protective ring was lost with the fall of its owner in combat.
Spell Resistance +18

This is not the ring you get. I think this is a ring that Aribeth actually wears.

Ring of the Woodelves
As a child, Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande helped to save her home of Thundertree from the spells of a power-hungry Luskan wizard, doing so with the aid of this ring. Crafted by the elves of the Neverwinter Wood and given to her by the ranger Ansal Bloodshoulder, it was once a dear possession of hers... but no longer. On the road to becoming a paladin of Tyr, there have been times when she felt the need to break from her past - to shed certain parts of herself so that the light of the Just God would find her unburdened. For whatever reason, Lady Aribeth no longer chooses to recognize this ring as hers, and it has passed to other hands. Like its former owner, the silver band is graceful and resilient, elegant but with a hidden strength.
Spell Resistance +16

This ring can be bought for a vendor or looted from a creature.

View Post

You're right, Michel, I missed the fact that there are 2 rings with the same name. :whistling:

#8 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 02:12 AM

*spoiler*

The ring does help you to convince Aribeth more easily to turn herself in once she has become evil. You can do it without ring, but that takes a high charisma and persuade skill

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos
Living on Wings of Dreams

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#9 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:45 AM

Yes, although I never needed the ring with my high cha chars.

#10 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:36 PM

It also has an extra part in the dialogue.

Protagonist: Here, look at this ring. You gave it to me when we became friends
Aribeth: You actually kept that ring despite what I did?

Yadda yadda yadda

Ok, the dialogue is a bit rough, but thats what you get when you finished the game only twice and never bothered to play the game again.

#11 Briannandoah

Briannandoah

Back to business

• 231 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:46 PM

I know this is kind of old topic, but I wonder if anyone has played the game with female PC and got the ring? I have had two females, and neither of them got the ring, though I tried to talk to her and she was really pleased about it. I received Aarin's amulet though... I am just thinking, that maybe it is supposed that only male character's get the ring, and only female's get the amulet?
Member of Sol Ek Sa.

I WILL get a life, I promise! ...Someday :P

Posted Image

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:10 AM

theres two "romances" in in the game, one for aribeth and the other for the spy, never finished his, what happens in that one anyway?

#13 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:13 AM

Was me, sorry
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#14 Briannandoah

Briannandoah

Back to business

• 231 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:58 AM

theres two "romances" in in the game, one for aribeth and the other for the spy, never finished his, what happens in that one anyway?

Well, you get to talk to Aarin about his feelings, and how he's not had that much experience about relationships except for Calli etc. He seems to be very glad there is someone he can completely trust. I don't yet know if it going to go past that, because at the first time I missed the whole thing completely.

Hmmm, maybe I will have to play the game with male character next time. I only wish I could jump over some (too many) boring parts of the game, though... :wacko:
Member of Sol Ek Sa.

Posted Image

#15 Child

Child

The new day is a great big fish.

• 233 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:15 AM

Is there any particular reason why a) If i pressed aribeth too hard in her dialogues, the dialogue tree ended and the romance never went any further than that (i think it was in the dialogue tree where one of the options is to ask about dreams), and B) the ring disappears from my inventory every time I go to Luskan, meaning no Aribeth-saving for me :(
-C

Dovienya se sagain tovya

Sene sovya caba'donde ain dovienya

#16 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:12 AM

Not a clue, I just got fed up of the game after chapter 2 so I cheesed it with a shapeshifter druid :shifty: that was fun, turn into dragon and eat 'em or turn into giant and stomp 'em or... whatever hehehe :devil:

if it happens every single time, I'd say you'd probably have to do it again :glare: distasteful as it may be, if it happens after that, then I'd have to say, uninstall, reinstall

Edited by Dalis'ilhea, 18 May 2005 - 05:37 AM.

I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#17 Briannandoah

Briannandoah

Back to business

• 231 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:57 PM

...meaning no Aribeth-saving for me :(

Or you can boost your charisma to 18 as I did with my female wizard, and boost your persuation skill also with some items found/bought on the way. You don't necessarily need the ring or even to be a male.
Member of Sol Ek Sa.

Posted Image

#18 Child

Child

The new day is a great big fish.

• 233 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:27 PM

...meaning no Aribeth-saving for me :(

Or you can boost your charisma to 18 as I did with my female wizard, and boost your persuation skill also with some items found/bought on the way. You don't necessarily need the ring or even to be a male.

View Post

Yes, but I was aware of what the ring did (dam the spoilers) so I didnt bother that much with persuade....and then when i got to aribeth i realised I didn't have it :S
:(
SO i had to whack aribeth instead.
-C

Dovienya se sagain tovya

Sene sovya caba'donde ain dovienya