Bah!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gothic Rose

Gothic Rose

Sexkitten

• 231 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 11:36 PM

So, right. I just got NWN Platinum Edition. And although I can load up the original NWN official campaign just dandily, whenever I try to load SoU OC, it starts to unpack the module, the music starts skipping, and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Whenever I try to play HotU OC, it unpacks fine, I choose a character, it starts to load the first area, gets most of the way there, then stops, and I get a windows message saying: "Neverwinter Nights has encountered a problem...."

The HotU thing also happens whenever I try to go onto Multiplayer servers.

Any idea what might be with this?
Posted Image

#2 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:42 AM

Neverwinter Nights is a really terrible game isn't it? (And from the looks of it the expansions are no better) :P

Try adding the lines:
CODEWORD XP1=ffrodriguez
CODEWORD XP2=barkeater

under game [Game Options] in the file nwnplayer.ini

This will unlock all of the chapter in the two expansions. Try starting SoU or HotU from Chapter 2 or Chapter 3, if you could start the game, the modules probably didn't install properly, so a reinstallation is in order. (Of course you probably should try a reinstallation regardless :) )

#3 Gothic Rose

Gothic Rose

Sexkitten

• 231 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 01:38 PM

Well, it unlocked the chapters, but I still cannot load them. :( Apparently, other people who bought NWN Platinum and had previous game data on their machines encountered this same problem. I'm uninstalling and deleting all my old stuff, in the hopes of making it work. But I doubt it will, because NOTHING I do with a computer ever works properly.

Sigh.
Posted Image

#4 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:48 PM

Well, it unlocked the chapters, but I still cannot load them.  :(  Apparently, other people who bought NWN Platinum and had previous game data on their machines encountered this same problem.  I'm uninstalling and deleting all my old stuff, in the hopes of making it work.  But I doubt it will, because NOTHING I do with a computer ever works properly.

Sigh.

View Post

Old game data? Are you saying that you have the original Neverwinter Nights Campaign on your computer already? :huh:

If so the problem probably arises from different methods of compression in the CD's. Neverwinter Nights Platinum has 4 CDs, whereas if you are upgrading from the original campaign using the SoU and HotU CDs you would have 5 in all.

So, if this is the case, then uninstall everything and install the Platinum version.

#5 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:15 AM

Yea, it should work after that. I had the same problem with new copies of SoA & ToB, after uninstalling the old data it worked just fine.

#6 Gothic Rose

Gothic Rose

Sexkitten

• 231 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 01:13 AM

It worked, thankfully. Thanks all.
Posted Image