• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 02:06 PM

Good good!

Same with me, I'm learning to write mods atm and have spent a lot of time working on learning whilst also looking for a summer job (I'm a Uni student). So while I remain unemployed I learn more.....

Keep up the good work, it may take a while but I'm sure it'll be good!

Thank you for your support, and we'll certainly try our best to make it worth waiting for. :)

#42 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 02:09 PM

Excellent, as Edwin is *so* the best BG2 NPC..... B)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#43 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 10:53 PM

Excellent, as Edwin is *so* the best BG2 NPC..... B)

I'm sure Edwin would say that your taste is nearly as impeccable as his own. :lol:

#44 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 02:27 AM

Andyr: Edwin, you're *so* the best BG2 NPC.
Edwin: More of your incessant chatter? Yes, yes, I know. (Though the writing for some of these other NPC's is of such a low standard that my superiority over these simians is not necessarily that much of an accolade.)
Andyr: Uh, ok. You do know I can read what you say in brackets, don't you?
Edwin: Oh, look at Mr. Smarty Pants. Heh, but you can't remove my Amulet of Thay, or Minsc's Boo, can you, hmmm? Think before you speak next time.
Andyr: *realises he was trying to hold a conversation with Edwin* Argh, I've gotta see a shrink.....
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#45 Broken Phoenix

Broken Phoenix
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 05:05 AM

*blinks at Lis*

YOU did that picture? Goddammit, it is absolutely wonderful! And here I thought 'well, how nice of Bioware to put in a non-warrior picture.'

*smacks head*

And yes, this was my first post here. For some reason I always thought this forum was protected... :huh:

#46 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 07:30 AM

Andyr: *realises he was trying to hold a conversation with Edwin* Argh, I've gotta see a shrink.....

Edwin: Yes, you do that. Perhaps wrinkling up your pathetic sliver of grey matter will allow you to actually eventually understand and carry out some simple command words. (I wouldn't mind somebody to fetch me cold drinks, and my Concubines just giggle when I order them to fan me with a palm leaf).

#47 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 07:33 AM

Andyr: Cold drinks? Well, the beer's in The Fridge forum. But you might want to hold off those insults or DarkFire'll scratch you.....

#48 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 08:01 AM

Andyr: Cold drinks? Well, the beer's in The Fridge forum. But you might want to hold off those insults or DarkFire'll scratch you.....

Heh heh...I've got him pinned down and muzzled now Andyr, don't worry. ;)

#49 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 09:47 AM

Andyr: Lol, I'd better let you take Edwin back to the Workroom now, Laufey.
Edwin: I heard that, simpleton. I'll be back for you..... later. (Yes, end with a threat. That'll teach that simian to mock me.)

#50 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 10:02 AM

Andyr: Lol, I'd better let you take Edwin back to the Workroom now, Laufey.
Edwin: I heard that, simpleton. I'll be back for you..... later. (Yes, end with a threat. That'll teach that simian to mock me.)

*pats Edwin on the cheek* Come along now, Eddie... (Ah, he looks cute when he sulks, he certainly does...)

#51 Riona

Riona
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 09:47 PM

That pic of Edwin's body is very well drawn. I've always pictured Edwin as not being particularly bulky--he *does* have a 16 constitution, but constitution has to do with one's resistance to hardship and pain (it doesn't translate to being muscular).
"Figured it out, yet?"

#52 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 12:50 AM

That pic of Edwin's body is very well drawn. I've always pictured Edwin as not being particularly bulky--he *does* have a 16 constitution, but constitution has to do with one's resistance to hardship and pain (it doesn't translate to being muscular).

Yeah, I think he's probably got a good 'natural tone', but his muscles are pretty undeveloped. :) Ophidia did a great job with that pic, I think.

#53 Riona

Riona
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:51 AM

Yeah, I think he's probably got a good 'natural tone', but his muscles are pretty undeveloped. :)

Exactly--he just is of average build, presumably--not muscular, but not scawny either. I am also not a believer at all in basing a person's looks, abilities, and personality solely (or mostly) on stats. :)
"Figured it out, yet?"

#54 Laufey

Laufey
  • Modder
  • 1245 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 07:12 AM

Yeah, I think he's probably got a good 'natural tone', but his muscles are pretty undeveloped. :)

Exactly--he just is of average build, presumably--not muscular, but not scawny either. I am also not a believer at all in basing a person's looks, abilities, and personality solely (or mostly) on stats. :)

Oh, I definitely agree with that. :) Stats come into it, but the impression I form of the characters is mainly derived from the things they say and do within the game, as well as their portraits and voice actors.

#55 Riona

Riona
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 07:29 AM

Oh, I definitely agree with that. :) Stats come into it, but the impression I form of the characters is mainly derived from the things they say and do within the game, as well as their portraits and voice actors.

I agree completely. I think people tend to care about stats much more than they should.
"Figured it out, yet?"

#56 Theodur

Theodur

Proud Founder of EATCO

• 182 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 12:53 AM

I agree completely. I think people tend to care about stats much more than they should.

Definitely. The same thing as reading too much into one's attached alignment tag... :)

#57 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 11:33 AM

Yep. I'm writing a LE NPC at the moment, but that doesn't mean he's nasty to everyone he meets.