Photo

Longer Road

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Azzlack

Azzlack
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 04:42 PM

How can you make LR compatible with BP-BGT-NEJ?

On Seanas site (Component 1j: Longer Road Compatibility Fix), he says to edit som lines in the LR tp2 file.

I can't seem to find these lines however. Does this guide apply to a previous version of LR? If so, can anyone tell me how to make it work with the LR v1.4.3?

#2 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 01:56 AM

Just do a search in the file for "mus" (without the quotes), then comment out (add // at the start of each line) every line it finds with those three letters in.

#3 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 08:52 AM

Is this a general rule of thumb for items incompatible due to music files? For example, would this also work for the Edwin Romance?

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 09:01 AM

It isn't an "item" incompatibility, it is a songlist incompatibility. BGT-BP has a full songlist. So any mod that adds more music through the songlist is not going to be compatible unless the music is removed. The Imoen Romance is compatible because the music is called in scripts and it doesn't touch the songlist. Longer Road, most romances and the like have this problem. They can all be "fixed/tweaked" to work with BGT-BP but only if the mod owner is willing to do so.

Of course there can always be other incompatibilites as well such as area files...

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 09:21 AM

It also isn't exactly much trouble for mod makers to have any new music as an optional component...

#6 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 10:42 AM

Pardon my grammar. "Item" in above post stands for "mod," as opposed to items one's character may acquire during the game.

So I take it that yes, if one follows the procedure laid out here, a mod that is incompatible with BP-BGT by reason of music can be made compatible.

#7 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 11:40 AM

Thereotically, but you'll have problems if the mod uses the letters 'mus' in some non-music related thing (it features an NPC called Musan, for instance).