Photo

Imoen's ending (Is that it?)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Yukarifan

Yukarifan
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 03:26 PM

Once you finish ToB, you have the choice of becoming a god (and giving up your mortal life) or a mortal (your Baal-esence is taken from you).However, the only explanation about your half-sister Imoen is some encounters with Elminster,maybe forming a thieves' guild or some other half-described possibilities (which are rather pathetic or do nothing to explain her future).

What is never explained is what happens to Imoen as a Baalspawn. Does she just lose her Baal-taint becoming an ordinary mortal? Is she presented with a similar choice, or something in between?

#2 Eocine

Eocine

Jinx

• 128 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 03:37 PM

The Solar Asks if Imoen will give up the power and she says that she never wanted it anyway and gives you her portion of the taint
Every action has an equal and opposite inaction

I always find the "Great Outdoors" chaotic and Dirty. It needs a shaping will to slap the beasts into proper order.
Edwin BG2

I'm not a martyr, I'm not a prophet and I won't preach to you but here's a caution....

#3 chevalier des Trois-Tours

chevalier des Trois-Tours

Just a paladin

• 244 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 01:54 PM

I suppose Imoen's developing Bhaal powers is conditional on player's choices. In my present game that draws close to the end (105 game days, 5 days wandering around for dialogues) she hasn't had any.
In the year of Our Lord two thousand and second at the seventh day of December the saint Ganeo did from heaven descend and unto the noble lord Lucas such he spoke words, lowering the holy arm in which he held the chalice: 'Pious paladin and beloved son of mine. Take ye the very chalice and upon his flowing streams found ye this noble order'. This said, the saint extended the holy arm in which he held the chalice and bade him drink. When the noble lord Lucas received the last drop, the saint raised the holy arm in which he held the chalice and blessed the order.

[frater Dormitius 'De illustribus conditoribus ordinis equestris sancti Ganeonis']

#4 Blucher

Blucher
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 03:10 PM

@ Chevalier

It's random. Enable cheats and hit [ctrl]+I to trigger open banters. (Instructions on enabling cheats should be in the 'power-users' txt file, or readme.)

#5 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 01:15 AM

I remember that when we were making Ascension... there were also questions at Bioware about which BG2 NPC people would most like to see make a cameo in NWN... and the top answer was Imoen. Although that never happened because of the story line of the SP NWN campaign... DaveG still intended to keep her fate open (as I understood it).

As for this relationship... anything could be changed now, I suppose. Although... I would much rather see a mod that goes beyond Ascension and the ending of ToB where Imoen is still a viable NPC to have along. I have a story idea for this already... although I may never get to it:p But someone might make a good expansion of ToB beyond the godhood issue.

Cuv

#6 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:45 PM

couldn't it also never happen if b/c she dies in accension, or was there some way to save her i missed?
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#7 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 12:48 AM

Her time as a Slayer in Ascension is the same as yours in Spellhold. She doesn't have to die.

#8 Doom in a Bottle

Doom in a Bottle
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:09 AM

Well she should have an alternative ending anyway if you intend to romance her and apart from just complaining about the current ending what do you think should of happened?

Her time as a Slayer in Ascension is the same as yours in Spellhold. She doesn't have to die.

I found I had more trouble keeping her from killing any of the other characters rather than the other way round.
"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." -Magus

"An adventurer is like the wind. No one says to where the wind blows, and it should be this way with adventurers too." -Justin, Grandia