Photo

KotOR 3?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:35 PM

There's a planned KotOR 3 already? Does KotOR 2 end on a cliffhanger or something?

(Don't spoiler me for KotOR2, though.)
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#2 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:15 AM

Obsidian are clearly planning on up to KOTOR 6.

i'm reasonably sure there are no spoilers in the link - it's a discussion by one of the game developers about the NPC choices they made for KOTOR 2 - but then i have a very high tolerance for spoilers. for those of a more purist persuasion, the important line, with possilbe spoiler material removed, is:

Knights of the Old Republic is a brand-new Star Wars license, and as such, has a chance for a fresh start. Rather than [possible spoiler content removed] for 4, 5, or 6 games (if it ever gets that far), we have a chance to keep shaking up the universe with every game

so clearly their design decisions in KOTOR 2 are premised on there being a KOTOR 3, 4, 5....

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:23 AM

Obsidian are clearly planning on up to KOTOR 6.

i'm reasonably sure there are no spoilers in the link - it's a discussion by one of the game developers about the NPC choices they made for KOTOR 2 - but then i have a very high tolerance for spoilers. for those of a more purist persuasion, the important line, with possilbe spoiler material removed, is:

Knights of the Old Republic is a brand-new Star Wars license, and as such, has a chance for a fresh start. Rather than [possible spoiler content removed] for 4, 5, or 6 games (if it ever gets that far), we have a chance to keep shaking up the universe with every game

so clearly their design decisions in KOTOR 2 are premised on there being a KOTOR 3, 4, 5....

View Post

Well they can only go so far with [interesting] games, before they hit the Original Series. (ie. Luke, Darth Vader, etc.)

#4 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:23 AM

Er, that was me...
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#5 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:38 PM

Isnt KotOR set 4000 years before what happens in Star Wars? I'd say theyve got plenty of time. I dont know much about the Star Wars setting, but I'd say there are enough important events that they could make games about in that time. And if not they can make them up, like he says.

Edited by Tom, 11 January 2005 - 01:40 PM.

Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#6 discharger12

discharger12

• 759 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 02:21 PM

Which brings up my question: Does Bioware have to run all the game info over to George Lucas before they can sell it?
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

#7 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:24 PM

Nope, they've bought the license so I think that means they can do anything they like. Its not Bioware anyway, is it?
And the front rank died
Moved from side to side.

#8 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:27 PM

No, not Bioware. Obsidian.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#9 discharger12

discharger12

• 759 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:32 PM

Oh, I was thinking of Kotor 1. Or was Kotor 1 made by Obsidian.. which is mostly made up of Bioware Members? :unsure:

Edited by discharger12, 12 January 2005 - 03:03 PM.

#10 Culain Mainframe

Culain Mainframe
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:40 AM

So what about the ending?

Does it ruin all the fun you had with the game or is it great and it only makes you want kotor 3 more?

Does it answers enough questions you had while playing Kotor 2, making it worthwhile?

Tell without spoilers please.

#11 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 01:09 PM

So what about the ending?

Does it ruin all the fun you had with the game or is it great and it only makes you want kotor 3 more?

Does it answers enough questions you had while playing Kotor 2, making it worthwhile?

Tell without spoilers please.

View Post

I am actually liking kotor2 quite a bit now...while the plotting isn't as complex as the personality and twist filled plotting of kotor 1, its really inspired...imho...

and there is the feeling that its all building up to the sequel...yes, it left a lot of loose ends and things are left hanging...but in a good way..

(btw...i haven't seen the ending yet, but i always spoil myself by reading stuff ahead... :devil: )
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#12 fallen_demon

fallen_demon

barely untraind assasian

• 451 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:56 PM

Oh, I was thinking of Kotor 1. Or was Kotor 1 made by Obsidian.. which is mostly made up of Bioware Members? :unsure:

View Post

Kotor 1 was made by Biowar, Kotor 2 was Obsidian, which is mostly former Black Isle members.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

#13 discharger12

discharger12

• 759 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:37 PM

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

#14 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:59 PM

Erm, how could "keep the same characters" possibly be a spoiler? :ermm:

#15 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 11:52 PM

OMG, thanks for ruining the ENTIRE game for me NiGHTMARE...
And the front rank died
Moved from side to side.

#16 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:52 AM

Heh... I just hope they can keep up the quality like Final Fantasy series.

#17 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:01 AM

It's a widely held opinion that Final Fantasy started going down hill after 6 or 7 (I've even seen some people say it was after 3), and continues to get worse with every new installment.

Edited by NiGHTMARE, 19 January 2005 - 09:02 AM.

#18 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 10:49 PM

http://www.starwarsk...ts.com/#fus_164

:thumb:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#19 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 07:07 PM

It's a widely held opinion that Final Fantasy started going down hill after 6 or 7 (I've even seen some people say it was after 3), and continues to get worse with every new installment.

As you put it: a question of opinion.

#20 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

• 2175 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:33 PM

As you put it: a question of opinion.

View Post

for example, i rather like kotor 2 over kotor 1...

less strong in storyline, content, etc...

but more fun in the very highly customizable upgrade system, and some of the new powers and feats are so nice to play with... :thumb:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...