NTotSC Bug Report

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 10:15 AM

Please keep all the bug reports here in this one topic. I don't need 30 different topics talking about the same dialog problem. This should only be for the beta. Once we get to a 1.0 version, I will post a pinned topic for those bugs (if we don't get them before then).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#2 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:55 PM

First one - Oupaste, doesn't appear in the Blushing Mermaid and his dialog had an invalid link. FIXED

Classic Adventures

#3 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:28 AM

Known problems with water overlays. AR01PB and AR20PB both have water areas. As some of you know, these types of area files are having problems on my system. Both areas load but you will see some weird areas in the water that are not correct.

If someone is willing, please fix these and post the updates. :) I have wasted three days on AR20PB just to get the same results I had when I converted the file from the BG1 game. At least the water isn't bright green anymore.

Classic Adventures

#4 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:16 PM

Possible NPC sound problems. (I'm not 100% certain this is a NTotSC problem) A new joinable NPC in Beregost, a lawful nuetral bard named William . . . . In any case, after the first encounter, his sound files sound like the old 78 records played on 33 1\3. Humorous, but unintelligible.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark
"What rough beast, Its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born."

W.B. Yeats

May the sun be always in the eyes of your enemies,
and may your feet always find the correct path.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#5 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 06:44 PM

Unfortunately, those are originals (not me!). Are they even in English? I usually have the volume down so I never hear the voices. The text is there for everyone to see what he says. Anyone out there willing to redo the voice?

Classic Adventures

#6 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:25 PM

Unfortunately, those are originals (not me!).  Are they even in English?  I usually have the volume down so I never hear the voices.  The text is there for everyone to see what he says.  Anyone out there willing to redo the voice?

View Post

They were in English. At least the bits that were intelligible were. The NPC's interjections seemed to be fine. The dialog problem seemed to be with the playback settings. When I did the voice work for Vlad, he e-mailed me the dialogs in a Word document and I uploaded wav files to his website. I can't promise to be fast on these, but if this system will work and you're not in an all-fired hurry to get them back, I can try and do the voice overs for you.

I'm on the Cloudspeaks map and I found a new area. Whoa baby. I don't think that area was set up for second level characters heading out to rescue Dynaheir. Tanari, Instant kill traps. Ouch!!!

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#7 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:04 AM

You may want to wait til later for that one. It is actually part of a quest that takes you all over the areas. I am still going through parts of it to make sure the globals are set right.

I thought about the idea of blocking that area until you get the quest but it would be very hard to find if you didn't already know where to look. Also, I don't see any point in protecting you from demons. :devil:

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 17 January 2005 - 09:05 AM.

Classic Adventures

#8 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:17 AM

Known problems with water overlays.  AR01PB and AR20PB both have water areas.  As some of you know, these types of area files are having problems on my system.  Both areas load but you will see some weird areas in the water that are not correct.

If someone is willing, please fix these and post the updates. :)  I have wasted three days on AR20PB just to get the same results I had when I converted the file from the BG1 game.  At least the water isn't bright green anymore.

View Post

Damn, those areas are most troublesome of all and are nothing to compare to ar2499 :o :wacko:
I can't rebuild their overlays from scratch (all that IETME produses is an utter sh%t) but I've found a way to correct their originals to show properly ;)
So I'm on my way now..... :devil:

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#9 mr2131

mr2131
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:26 AM

You may want to wait til later for that one.  It is actually part of a quest that takes you all over the areas.  I am still going through parts of it to make sure the globals are set right.

I thought about the idea of blocking that area until you get the quest but it would be very hard to find if you didn't already know where to look.  Also, I don't see any point in protecting you from demons. :devil:

View Post

Gee, thanks. (Bloody Demons, grumble, grumble, grumble . . .) Got it. The traps are way out of Immy's league at this point, but there's a neat suit of armor behind one of them.

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

Edited by mr2131, 17 January 2005 - 09:30 AM.

W.B. Yeats

Happy Trails . . .

Mark

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:38 AM

Damn, those areas are most troublesome of all and are nothing to compare to ar2499  :o  :wacko:
I can't rebuild their overlays from scratch (all that IETME produses is an utter sh%t) but I've found a way to correct their originals to show properly ;)
So I'm on my way now.....  :devil:

View Post

Those areas are in a BGT game. What I did was copy and paste the changes to the bitmap, convert it to a TIS and try to get DLTCEP and IETME both to accept it as valid. DLTCEP displays the water correctly (but not in the game). IETME cost me three days and the areas are still corrupt. In theory, I should be able to replicate the known area and switch out the TIS file without the water overlays caring. But it doesn't seem to work. :ermm:

Classic Adventures

#11 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:43 AM

Those areas are in a BGT game.  What I did was copy and paste the changes to the bitmap, convert it to a TIS and try to get DLTCEP and IETME both to accept it as valid.  DLTCEP displays the water correctly (but not in the game).  IETME cost me three days and the areas are still corrupt.  In theory, I should be able to replicate the known area and switch out the TIS file without the water overlays caring.  But it doesn't seem to work. :ermm:

View Post

I'm currently rebuilding AR01PB. The problem is in.... level of green color in overlay.... :lol: It's not 255 as it should be to display overlayed regions correctly. So u can see all those dithered water dots on the bridge and incomplete tiles near the shores.... So now I'm redrawing it in IETME with a correct green brush.... :online2long:

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#12 King Diamond

King Diamond

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:09 AM

Area AR26PB doesn't work.

It contains invalid (?) .wed that is an exact copy of AR25PB.wed actually. But .tis is absolutely different.

Is this area in mod's use at all? It contains a reference to unexisted HELLSAM1.CRE as well...
All containers and exits are the same as in AR25PB.

[EDIT]
One more question: is AR40PB identical to AR3499? (I mean - regions, exits and all in .wed)

Edited by King Diamond, 18 January 2005 - 06:01 AM.

SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
BP Animations Scheme

#13 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:52 AM

AR26PB is supposed to be that little hut on the hill. I have that fixed now. The area WED and tile should be of a hut on the werewolf island in TotSC.

AR40PB is a copy of AR3500 (now AR3499). Exact copy except for the entrance names and actors. As you can see, this is now where the wood elves hang out instead of AR3499 in DSotSC.

Classic Adventures

#14 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:58 PM

I took Will Scarlet O'Hara :rolleyes: into my party in Beregost. His voice sounds fine and clear in my game. But his dialogue with Taerom Fuiruim gets stuck in a loop after <CHARNAME> asks about his amour. Ctrl-I does not help.

#15 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 02:45 PM

I took Will Scarlet O'Hara :rolleyes: into my party in Beregost. His voice sounds fine and clear in my game. But his dialogue with Taerom Fuiruim gets stuck in a loop after <CHARNAME> asks about his amour. Ctrl-I does not help.

View Post

Hmm, interesting. I had worked on his dialog file awhile ago. I don't know if you updated version or if I changed things after posting the mod. This was a part of his dialog where I saw some problems. Is your loop during purchase of the armor or just the dialog where Taerum says it isn't ready yet?

Also, there is a dialog later in the game where you can get Taerum to upgrade the armor. I assume that was not the problem you had?

Classic Adventures

#16 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:10 AM

Its the exchange when you meet Taerom for the first time. Click on Taerom and <CHARNAME> has a new dialogue option to ask about Will's armour. Taerom says "Will, have you joined this group, etc". Will makes a reply, press CONTINUE, and Taerom repeats his original question, press CONTINUE, and Will answers as before, press CONTINUE, and back to Taerom's original question, ad infinitum.

If this loop can be fixed with a simple edit, please let me know :thumbsup:

#17 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:23 AM

That was ugly. Somehow all the labels got switched around in both dialogs. Attached are the corrected versions. If you know how to use DLTCEP, you can just import the D files into the game and it will overwrite the broken once with these.

If you want a real challenge, you could open these in Notepad and use NI to update the dialog files in your game.

The issue was that Will's dialog pointed back to Taerom's incorrectly. I found a few other bad pointers as well.

You won't get the armor until Chapter 3 or later. As a shortcut, you can always CLUAConsole:CreateItem("NTLEAT02"). However, some globals won't be set right for him to later upgrade the armor.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#18 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:22 AM

If you know how to use DLTCEP, you can just import the D files into the game and it will overwrite the broken once with these.

View Post

I didn't, but I've now downloaded it and am about to try. Thanks :thumb:

EDIT: Well that wasn't too difficult. The dialogue works fine now. Thanks again!

Edited by Suluku, 19 January 2005 - 08:49 AM.

#19 Suluku

Suluku
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:19 AM

OK, I completed Nashkel mines and returned to Beregost to buy Will's flail at Feldposts. The flail looks fine and Will equips it in a weapon slot. The item description says it is supposed to allow Will to make 5 poisoned bullets and a 'use item' button on the bottom toolbar now light ups when Will's character is selected and equipped with the flail.

Pressing 'use item' reveals a toolbar with just one blank (brown background, no symbol) button. Press that blank button and there is a sound (same a you get when conjoring items like goodberries) but all that happens is that Will's flail disappears from its slot and from his paper doll and avatar altogether. No bullets appear (at least no visible ones).

Edited by Suluku, 20 January 2005 - 06:22 AM.

#20 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:38 AM

Hmm, mine worked fine. However, it didn't work the first day, they had to rest first (I got a message that the item was drained). You should have an icon for Acid Arrow. Pushing that creates the 5 poisoned bullets. Oh, now that I think of it, check the special abilities button (star on the right side) and see if it is there. I don't have Will in my party but if I remember right, the flail gives him the special ability, you don't need the flail anymore after that.

Classic Adventures