Backup files

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 07 January 2003 - 02:33 PM

Dorotea, I noticed that you have your own game's backup files packaged in Redemption 1.0.1. This is not a good thing. :)

#2 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 03:54 PM

Yikes! Blushed furiously. That was because I was trying to come up with the fix as quickly as possible - after I released 1.0 and was immediately notified of a serious bug with Anomen dialog.

I shall make a 1.0.2 sometime soon, that will include some code revisions as well - I am not happy with how I handled npc banters - should have used CHAIN.

How bas is having a backup files in the folder. I suppose it is bad, since uninstall will be a problem ...

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#3 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 07 January 2003 - 04:08 PM

I believe it means that whenever people uninstall Redemption, they'll get those files plunked into their game.

#4 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 04:18 PM

Actually it is not so - WeiDU is smart enough to replace my files with user's. I checked it by trying it on my second computer just a second ago - I used tougher Demogorgon and tried if it will replace vanilla one after uninstall - it did not.

But as of today 19:11 EST the download on my site has no extra files. I am emailing Krondor and Michel immediately.

Thanks for noticing! I owe you!

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#5 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 07 January 2003 - 08:37 PM

Huh. Okay. Well, good, in any event. :)