BP s_and_h Patch v5...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:21 AM

i've got a bunch of fixes that are worth putting out, so a version 5 of the s_and_h patch will be coming out within the next week.

current fixes include:
  • Beastmaster-as-Elder-Orb (here).
  • Shar-teel's armour (here).
  • AR5508 crash (here)
  • the game-stopping bug in spellhold caused by lowering the difficulty to avoid losing yr stuff fixed.
bugfixes from previous versions:
  • Dakkon's streaming blade fix corrected
  • Simyaz' allies not turning hostile fix corrected - using the 3.13 fix ;)
  • AR 5014 (Kiser Jhaeri's basement crash) fix corrected - also using the 3.13 fix...
things that might get fixed if i get round to them in the next week:
  • slum-dwellers/saradush defenders turning hostile cos of an excess of Shout (here and here).
  • Sime's veter figurine. again. (here).
  • the non-hostile Sahaugin priestess (here).
things which aren't going to be fixed in this version (or at least, not by me!)
  • Sime's resurrection stutterbug (also here) - i've tried and tried, but it's beyond my ken why it happens, let alone how to fix it.
  • a whole bunch of BGT bugs Ascension64 has identified. i do want to install BP-BGT-NEJ-etc, and then i'll be able to fix these bugs as well, it just won't be on my current laptop...

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#2 Zacrias

Zacrias
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:57 AM

um, is there still the MR issue with some of the spells?
( http://www.shsforums...showtopic=12297 )

Cheers

#3 wellunhappy

wellunhappy
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 06:47 AM

i've got a bunch of fixes that are worth putting out, so a version 5 of the s_and_h patch will be coming out within the next week.

current fixes include:

• Dakkon's streaming blade fix corrected

View Post

Dakkon's streaming blade fix corrected
Is this def. fixed I think I remember people still having problems with it. Could be wrong have been before.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:26 AM

things which aren't going to be fixed in this version (or at least, not by me!)
a whole bunch of BGT bugs Ascension64 has identified. i do want to install BP-BGT-NEJ-etc, and then i'll be able to fix these bugs as well, it just won't be on my current laptop...

No problem seanas, I'll continue to support the community with 'quick fixes' as much as I can (until my 500kb limit is out) :P

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:53 AM

Dakkon's streaming blade fix corrected
Is this def. fixed I think I remember people still having problems with it. Could be wrong have been before.

it definitely will be fixed in the next version of the s_and_h patch - i've even tested it :o . the fix in the current (v4) patch only half-works: NPCs are no longer broken if they use it, but it doesnt upgrade properly (if at all).

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling

#6 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 03:33 PM

Seanas--just a thought on the sime(/veter) issues:

I noticed that the global variable 'BPVETER' appears as 'BPVETER' and 'BPVeter'. If I remember correctly, the engine is case sensitive. This could also be the source of other veter issues as well. One of these checks refers to sime being dead. The only scripts I found this variable in were SIME and VETER. I changed them on my install (all) to 'BPVETER'. Just a theory; I'm nowhere near to this point of the game, or I'd test it out.

EDIT: I also have the sahuagin files fixed. SAHRAMB1 thru 5--3 is the priestess, but I didn't like the script assignment on any of them, actually...

Tell me where to send the files, either here or in a PM, so we can coordinate efforts. ;)

Edited by horred the plague, 12 January 2005 - 04:30 PM.

#7 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:26 PM

Globals aren't case sensitive. I'm thinking it's those variables missing the BP prefix that are the culprits.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#8 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 05:07 PM

Globals aren't case sensitive. I'm thinking it's those variables missing the BP prefix that are the culprits.

View Post

If it's variable missing that prefix, it's either a big oversight on my part, or not my variables. ;) I suspect the latter...if that indeed is the problem. Check AR0086.bcs for details... :P

NI is giving me a lot of problems, and DLTCEP search function leaves a lot to be desired, to put it nicely.

Think I solved the saradush enemy problem too---bioware shout scripts vs. my shouts=the culprit. RALLY_TO_ME_82 to be specific, in GRPSHT01 and SHOUT. Removed these scripts from: sarman03, sargrd01 & 02, and sarmag01.

Haven't tested it yet, but I'm 95% sure on it.

EDIT: I'm currently fixing the TDD wizard spells; the rest will follow :thumb:

Edited by horred the plague, 12 January 2005 - 05:37 PM.

#9 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:42 PM

EDIT: I'm currently fixing the TDD wizard spells; the rest will follow  :thumb:

Thanks horred. Keep us up to date on your progress.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#10 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:44 AM

EDIT: I'm currently fixing the TDD wizard spells; the rest will follow  :thumb:

Thanks horred. Keep us up to date on your progress.

View Post

I want to report a "bug" <_< On all of the people making weidu packs. <_< :glare:
Your lack of spaces in 2DA's and IDS's takes all of the beauty out of ruleset editting. :P :wacko:

*goes back to his spacebar* :rolleyes: :D

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:53 AM

It there a certain rule on how Weidu adds in the 2DA data? I have tried to add data with the right number of spaces but it always comes out looking off. I have even aligned everything in NI, copied and pasted it into a TP2 file and still get weird results (although sometimes closer aligned). BTW, did CB use Tabs in some of his 2DA adds? The MasterAREA and PDIALOG in one of my games looks like a tab was used instead of spaces. Is that even possible? I used Wordpad to look at it instead of NI and saw this.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#12 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:51 AM

You guys rawk.

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:50 AM

It there a certain rule on how Weidu adds in the 2DA data?  I have tried to add data with the right number of spaces but it always comes out looking off.  I have even aligned everything in NI, copied and pasted it into a TP2 file and still get weird results (although sometimes closer aligned).  BTW, did CB use Tabs in some of his 2DA adds?  The MasterAREA and PDIALOG in one of my games looks like a tab was used instead of spaces.  Is that even possible?  I used Wordpad to look at it instead of NI and saw this.

View Post

The weidu ninja master, hlidskialf pulled it off--perhaps he would shed some advice.
You do realize I was just teasing, right? :P

Anyways; I have completed revamping of all the TDD wizard and priestly (inc druidic) spells. Hopefully they work fine now. Modding fans should check out my solution for Cloud of Pestilence; it should cause death anymore, with any luck. If what I did does not work, I know what will.

I guess the next thing to do would be to fix all of the funky kits. I think that will be the project of another day, though... :online2long:

These would have been done a long time ago, but I was told by Galactygon over a year ago to not do these, he'd take care of it. (Both spells and kits). Guess he dropped the ball. :ermm:

EDIT: Doh! I keep forgetting to log in. Must be the leftover residue from the fog of war spell... :P

Edited by horred the plague, 13 January 2005 - 10:52 AM.

#14 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:34 PM

Weidu now just uses single spacing for adding to text files. It was engineered this way by request because it takes 1/10th the time to do mass text replacements. (Like in AoE for example.) It was a tradeoff of efficiency vs cosmetics. ;)

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#15 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:44 PM

Weidu now just uses single spacing for adding to text files. It was engineered this way by request because it takes 1/10th the time to do mass text replacements. (Like in AoE for example.) It was a tradeoff of efficiency vs cosmetics. ;)

View Post

So the solution would be for someone to make brand new 2DA files with clean straight columns and all the possible NPCs, items, kits, or whatever. Right? :blink: :crying:

It would be compatible and current with all possible mods for at least 5 minutes.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#16 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:47 PM

So the solution would be for someone to make brand new 2DA files with clean straight columns and all the possible NPCs, items, kits, or whatever.  Right?  :blink:  :crying:

It would be compatible and current with all possible mods for at least 5 minutes.

View Post

Yes, like I did when bp-bgt was first released, and did last night on my own pc. So far, until I install NTothSC, it is still compatible. :P

#17 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:58 PM

/me smiles and nods, pretends to understand all of what is being said as it flies over his head, and waits for it to be available for download

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#18 Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:03 AM

Selence's store remained stuck in my inventory when kicked out.

#19 Yazzuie

Yazzuie
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 08:30 PM

Am I correct in assuming that the Auto-Install will NOT load this patch?

Would you believe that I'm actually getting around to updating the BP Install Guide? Heck, I'm even correcting that little type-o in the Auto-Install section (oops, sorry 'bout that). Just as soon as this patch is out and I can go through the loading procedure, I'll post the new Guide.
"To err is human, so be something else."

#20 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:11 AM

you are correct, yes: the auto-installer does not install the s_and_h patch.