Spine of the World error

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Milandir

Milandir
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:08 PM

Hello again :)

Having done nothing but study and play Baldur's Gate for the past few days, it's only logical I advanced a wee bit... When having slain Yxunomei, retrieving the Heartstone Gem in the process, and when travelling back to Kuldahar, something quite peculiar happens. First off, I kill the Orogs. No problem. However, all of a sudden every villager turns against me as well, even though I didn't touch them.
And it gets more bizarre. After hearing (or reading for that matter) the Old Enemy's speech, I go upstairs to see the real Arundel. He gives me a wardstone, which I must make use of if I want to open the portal, I suppose.
However... The portal doesn't open at all. It keeps on saying I am "too far away to use that," even though I'm hugging it as much as I can...

Any thoughts?

PS: Still the old bug in Kresselack's dungeon in area TT3502 I think, where the gathering point to move through the door is actually located behind the door, and thusly unreachable. Fixed this as I did way back (ie, MoveToArea) :).

Edited by Milandir, 19 January 2005 - 01:10 PM.

#2 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:51 PM

Well, the version of NeJ which you are playing is really out date, it was released several years ago and implemented into BP two years ago. This version in my humble opinion is boring, buggy and has nothing to do with the current scenario of NeJ2. Playing this version of NeJ you miss a lot, and first of all the mod itself. I would really like to ask you and others not to install and play NeJ v1.4 anymore. As it has no solid bond with BP I would ask TheWizard to remove it from download. The most recent beta version of NeJ2 v2.1 has been already released for public download and is located at IEGMC (Asia and Black Wyrm, Europe). I think the compatibility issue with BP will be solved soon, so you'll be able to install NeJ2 over BP.

Edited by Vlad, 19 January 2005 - 01:54 PM.

#3 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:53 PM

i finished NEJ last night too - i had the hostile villagers as well, a fix for which will be part of s_and_h v5. i didnt have the problem with the portal - did you try reloading the scene again? i've had the portal problem previously, and a reload always did the trick. i didn't have the TT3503 transition, however: it's hard to get to (there's only a small corner of the doorway you can use as to transition) but it works.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 04:41 PM

Vlad, I realize you don't want to support an older version but until the new version is compatible, all you are really asking is for people to not play your mods. That isn't much of a choice. Also, the auto-biff program only works with NeJv1 so we all have to wait on that as well.

Believe me, we are all looking forward to your new version of NeJ, but until then, we have to work with what we have (which I still think is a great mod).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:31 PM

How is compatibility with BP (et al) coming along?

Oh, just out of curiosity--does anyone else pause to stare at Milandir's avatar briefly whenever he posts?

#6 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:23 PM

How is compatibility with BP (et al) coming along?

Oh, just out of curiosity--does anyone else pause to stare at Milandir's avatar briefly whenever he posts?

View Post

Well, seeing as it's an odd mixture of NeJ 1 and 2 (the 1 and 2 files are scrambled throughout the .tp2 file), and Vlad obviously wasn't concerned with compatability--it's going quite slow. (Don't get me wrong, Vlad has the right to write his creation any way he chooses--it just makes life so much harder on us). I'm trying to pick out the elements of NeJ1 that are not part of bp-compat already, fix the area/spell overwrites, check the CRE's for BAM compatability, add COPY_EXISTING to many 2da/IDs files appendages (remember, these files are safely in the biff's in most of our installs). NTM; the same ids/2da files are appended in several locations throughout the .tp2, from top to bottom. Same with some bcs EXTEND's--most noteably, BALDUR.bcs --which is already flooded from sooooo many mods. Adds to the confusion, I assure you. A lot of organization is required, or it will lead to ruin.

Haven't even had a chance to look at the baf's, the d's, the appending bcs's, or package the WAVC files into ogg's--and I spent the better part of today doing what little I accomplished. Totally have blown off my NWN fans, who are impatiently waiting on a mod that I promised them over a week ago. Hlidskialf doesn't want to do this alone, and I don't blame him--neither do I--it's quite a chore. Especially when you're looking at all these files for the very first time, trying to make some sort of sense from them.

When it's all said and done, this will be a different package; one that will go on top of your current bp/bp-bgt install. I don't expect everyone to uninstall/reinstall bp-bgt--and "flirt with disaster". I, for one, cannot--I don't have enough HD space left. I'll probably make a biffing tool to handle these files, as well--after we've had a chance to testplay it, and work out the bugs we're bound to stir up in such a project.

And in answer to your second question, Stone Wolf--the male eye cannot help but gaze on such things--it's genetic. :D

#7 Milandir

Milandir
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:31 PM

Turns out the cause of my portal problems was that Dar was in my party. He didn't respond to PC when asked "And you Dar? What of you?" (or something alike). I suppose that left the dialogue mode on, and making the transition impossible. Solved this by reloading from a quicksave (before conversation with Arundel), and kicking him out of my party, telling him to wait at the Copper Coronet.

PS: If you want me to change my Avatar, you need but ask ;)

#8 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 10:54 PM

PS: If you want me to change my Avatar, you need but ask ;)

View Post

Why the hell would I want you to do that? :blink:

#9 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 02:13 AM

Vlad obviously wasn't concerned with compatability

Well, I was obviously concerned about compatibility, and I don't see any problem in *organisation* or structure of my TP2. I have organised TP2 according to subcomponents in my own way and I think it's needless to mention that the *problems* in TP2 which you have noticed have nothing to do with compatibility issues. The compatibility of NeJ2 and BP has only two issues:

1. Animations.
2. WorldMap.

You should concentrate on these things and not on organisation of my TP2 which can be installed over any mod without any problem. I didn't overwrite any file by the way if you meant this. Every file is checked for existance and appended if necessary. Only animate.ids and anisnd.ids should be reworked. But it's really up to you. Also I don't think that NeJ2 should be hardwired to BP. Please install it as a WeiDU mod with a small addition to TP2 that fixes animations and world map. Actually I am strongly against hardwiring NeJ2 to BP. I worked hard writing all those *frelling* WeiDU files instead of using a few normal GUI editors for many many months just because of compatibility issues, and now you horred tell me that I wasn't concerned about compatibility!

[EDIT] GUI also can be made optional if you want to preserve that of BP.

[EDIT2]

Well, seeing as it's an odd mixture of NeJ 1 and 2 (the 1 and 2 files are scrambled throughout the .tp2 file)

It seems to me you have not seen yet my NeJ2 TP2 file as the both parts are clearly separated and the files are located under the corresponding subcomponent. I really wonder where did you find the mixture of the part 1 and part 2?

Edited by Vlad, 20 January 2005 - 03:05 AM.

#10 seanas

seanas
  • Modder
  • 1906 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 02:21 AM

Milandir, ave you installed the BP_s_and_h_Patch? it fixed the Dar dialogue problem some time ago. obviously, it won't matter now, as you'll be well past the NEJ part of yr game, but the patch *does* fix a lot of other problems you may encounter later on as well.

"A simple test of the relative merits of science and religion is to compare lighting your house at night by prayer or electricity" - A. C. Grayling
"EFF files have saves, too." - CamDawg
|| this is radio seanas || BP Series v3 || seanas at work ||

#11 Milandir

Milandir
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 02:48 AM

Yes, as a matter of fact I did install the latest s_and_h_Patch...

No real annoyances though with the bugs, they're even too insignificant to be called minor, if you ask me :)

#12 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:41 AM

Vlad obviously wasn't concerned with compatability

Well, I was obviously concerned about compatibility, and I don't see any problem in *organisation* or structure of my TP2. I have organised TP2 according to subcomponents in my own way and I think it's needless to mention that the *problems* in TP2 which you have noticed have nothing to do with compatibility issues. The compatibility of NeJ2 and BP has only two issues:

1. Animations.
2. WorldMap.

You should concentrate on these things and not on organisation of my TP2 which can be installed over any mod without any problem. I didn't overwrite any file by the way if you meant this. Every file is checked for existance and appended if necessary. Only animate.ids and anisnd.ids should be reworked. But it's really up to you. Also I don't think that NeJ2 should be hardwired to BP. Please install it as a WeiDU mod with a small addition to TP2 that fixes animations and world map. Actually I am strongly against hardwiring NeJ2 to BP. I worked hard writing all those *frelling* WeiDU files instead of using a few normal GUI editors for many many months just because of compatibility issues, and now you horred told me that I wasn't concerned about compatibility!

View Post

First, let me say this: it is obvious to me, without even playing this mod, that you spent a lot of time and put a lot of creative effort into it. I'm truly looking forward to playing it, and I know I'm not alone in that regard.

Be that as it may: If I were to install your mod as-is, into the Great Melting Pot that BP has become; it would screw up everything that we've worked so hard to get working together, I guarantee it. The worldmap shouldn't be a concern-- I saw just the basic SoA areas in your .wmp. How are you adding in these other areas (scripting?)--are you using them (the ones listed in your tp2)?These were already on the worldmap here--BP, BP-BGT, and CtB--I'm sure you're aware of that. As long as they used the same area codes, there shouldn't be an issue. You did use the same area codes as everybody else, right? Why not just use the bp-bgt map AND .wmp? You could have hidden the undesired areas via scripting. I fail to see your logic in this. Then again, I haven't played this mod yet, so I speak from ignorance to some degree. Enlighten me...

Maybe this is all just paranoia on my part, maybe not; I have such painful memories from getting TS to work in BP. The 26 revisions... *shudders*. I don't know if you realize how much hell you put me through on that mod, much of it unnecessarily. But I shouldn't hold the past against you, and for that I apologize.

We've set up some standards here in BP, over the years; if all modders would adhere to the guidelines, there would not be any such thing as compatability issues. No, I'm not trying to play god here; I believe that we as modders should work together, not against each other. That is the reason I tried to set up "community standards". Somebody needed to do this, and I was the first to answer the call. I spent a lot of months making a lot of good stuff happen, with painstaking testing and research, to make the lame IE scripting format as powerful as it could be. (Those who have tried Aurora scripting know what I mean by "lame"). I know of nobody else who has spent as much time testing the scripting language, save maybe Kensai Ryu in the old days. His work was my launching point. That is why I make the claim that others should adhere to what I have set forth. Naturally, we all will have some additions here or there--my goal was to make things work as good as possible for everyone, not to limit creativity.

Just do it in a way that contributes, not conflicts.

Maybe it's partly my fault, for taking such a long break. To be honest, it couldn't be avoided. RL has been a certified bitch--last year was the worst year of my 37 on this rock. Maybe I should have released a package of source files for the ruleset I made (actually, I did--sort of). But here's my question: if I had released such a package, and delivered it to your (virtual) doorstep, would you have followed/adhered to it? My instincts tell me no. You seem to enjoy the lone wolf approach to modding, rather than the community "team effort" approach. The existing evidence, and your track record, clearly suggests this. Though I must say: learning weidu was definitely a positive step in the right direction.

I'll give you a couple examples of team effort, and community spirit:

When Charles Bisson made CtB, he wrote me several emails asking me for my ruleset files. Including, but not limited to: which animation slots I used for what. And in turn, I answered all of his questions. By doing this, and adhering to them, his mod was easily compatible (absolutely compatible with his expressed purpose, working with BP). To make it compatible with BP-BGT, what did it take? A few area switches, and some minor worldmap alterations--that was IT! And it still works just fine as a standalone package.

SirBillyBob has honored me by making mods specifically FOR BP. That should stand as testament to what I have set forth. My hard work is obviously appreciated.
Now, I'm working with him to make his mods even better, even more compatible, and as 'user-friendly' as can be.

We already converted your animation sequence over to BP's a long time ago; now you're saying we have to do it again. That is one of the main reasons I want to remove a big chunk of your current NeJ content (I'm speaking files here, not plot), and make a different package. It doesn't seem fair to us. Why should we have to fix something that was already fixed? And why add identical content twice? That just clogs things up, unnecessarily.

There is no choice but to alter our files, or yours, or both, so that they are on the "same page". Considering there are about 8-10 mods already working side-by-side, using a common format, it would be logical to change yours to fit this format.
It is my assertion that you could have done this, in the first place, with very little additional effort on your part. All that was needed was cooperation, and communication. There are others that could have answered any questions, even in my absence. To do all this compatting 'post-release', it is an immensely bigger task--on my part, and on hlidskialf's--and anyone else we can sucker into helping us. And again, I will acknowledge here that learning weidu and using it was a positive step in the right direction. So why did you stop there? This could've been a true "plug and play".

Okay, you don't want NeJ 'hardwired'...What exactly do you mean by 'hardwire'? This clumbsy approach was abandoned ages ago, after the only 3 major mods of the era were merged. The tools of the time did not allow the 'soft merge' that is possible today. The first few releases of BP were in the buggy IAP format, and caused more problems than were solved. That was the original reason for the combined dialog.tlk file.

I'm asking, not smirking: Do you have something against biff files? We do everybody else's mod into biffs except yours. Well, when they are near-finished (almost bug-free)--we will. Not one modder I know has a problem with this; do you? I guarantee they will be biffed on my pc. I can guarantee that many others will want this, as well. And I will be happy to share my proggie, to facilitate this for them. I would be more than happy to write a couple batch files that would accomplish this , both for BP and for your standalone version. The same files will work for both. I like maximum performance, fast area/screen loading, and toolset efficiency. Eight thousand CRE files in biffs load into an editor extremely quicker than 8000 in the override (e.g). Biffed areas load about 3-4 times as quick as override areas. Almost everybody agrees with me on this; and majority rules, where I come from. That's what community spirit is all about.

Without biffing (if that's what you mean by 'hardwiring') we will have an override of about half-a-gigobyte. Not including any small 'add-on' mods. Your mod has ~4200 files in it--not including the files that are altered in the tp2. That certainly does not fall into the category of 'small add-in'--the only sort of mods that should be left in the override after installation.

If I had known back then, that this was such an issue for you, (or would cause these complications and arguments) I would have somehow put all of your NeJ content into seperate biffs--rather than as part of a 'bp-bgt-nej'. The technology was new to me at the time. Weidu biffing didn't even work right, until Avenger and I collaborated with Wes Weimer--about 2 months after bp-bgt (-nej)'s release. If I ever get to do this over again (if I can somehow find the time, between my past mods-to-fix, my current projects --in an entirely different game-- and my plans to make my own mod or series of mods for BG2, plus RL (what's left of it)) I will do precisely this. I will auto-biff BP-BGT before any NeJ content whatsoever is added. Hindsight is always 20/20. For now, I'll have to 'make do'. I neither have the time, nor the HD space, to fool around with pet projects such as this. What's done is done, and I'm trying to live with it and move on as best as I can.

I also can guarantee I'm not adding your Dead(Object) to the trigger.ids. As I said over two years ago, it will break any other in-game script that uses the Dead(Name) format. Did you rewrite every script in-game using this trigger to reflect this change? No, you did not. I, on the other hand, did. I converted EVERY ONE I found to the HPLT(1,Object) check, in EVERY Bioware script. I wish it would work properly--I wish Bioware had expressed the Action this way, in the first place(it's far more logical, and practical)--but they didn't. It simply does not work without mass revision, in a nutshell. I tested this, in game--as I said, I tried this over 2 years ago. Almost destroyed my entire project before I could release it, doing exactly that. Scripts that used to work suddenly did not. And they were just as garbled as the Dead(yself"") crap you see all over Bioware's work, when decompiled. O:Object is a direct referrence to Object.ids--which not only contains no proper death variable names, but a lot of broken "objects". I will have to go through all your scripts, and change it to the safest available check: HPLT(1,<the object>).

Your spells were pretty close to my lineup--I think only two or three are conflicting. Did you look at the BP spell.ids prior, or was this merely fortunate coincidence? Keep in mind that the BP spell.ids is a conglomeration of several modders' custom content. In most cases, we actually worked together to insure compatability. The same as many of us did with animate, and anisnd, IDS files.

You said no overwrites: how about this one:

COPY ~NeJ2/are/AR9800.are~ ~override/AR9800.are~
SAY 0x1124 ~Ulcaster Academy~
SAY 0x11e8 ~Ulcaster Academy~

Same goes for AR9801...

You also overwrite the area's script. It is indeed fortunate that one did not exist, prior. You did check, right?

Since this coincides with BGT's Ulcaster, I'm taking a guess that you used BGT as the base, right? This is a question, not a snide comment. What is different, anything? Something that couldn't be accomplished from the script file? And how will your changes affect a BGT game? Or was it merely added to be there for the sake of an SoA-based game? Why would this be necessary, as you're using BPBGTMAP? If it is indeed the latter, you should have a ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS check preceding it. Both for override and biff. The bif is BP-ARE, in case you are interested.

Well, I've been typing this for three hours, and it is nigh time to draw to a close. I hope I have sufficiently explained my viewpoint on this matter. We have a small, but tight-knit community of modders here, unlike any I've seen in any other game, EVAR! It really feels like a family. Let's work together better in the future, with communication, cooperation, and collaboration. Together, we can make this great thing we have accomplished even greater!

#13 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:29 AM

Bill, thanks for your such detailed and very long post but your two last posts are absolutely different. You ask different questions and discuss diffent problems. First you talked about structure of TP2, now you have switched to other issues.

1. Dead(Object)

It's merely my own fix to that problem of BioWare. I have never used Dead(Object) in my scripts and you may just remove those two lines from my TP2. Normally I use the trigger Died(Object) or Die(). Thanks for mentioning this.

2. AR9800.are is named so only because of the same name used in BGT. Added script, one creature and entrance point.

3. Your world map doesn't permit travelling between BG1 and BG2 areas. In order to do this you should add areas the same way as Watchers Keep has been added. I mean to append XNEWAREA.2DA and to create new area link .2DA file. This way we can move to Ulcaster from Athkatla. If I am wrong please correct me. I really wanted to use the map of yours and hlid sent me those files but after several attempts to make such transitions between Candlekeep, Ulcaster, Beregost etc and Athkatla I came to conclusion that it's impossible until someone would rework the .wmp file. Hence I have removed it but left only BPBGTMAP, I mean I left the door open here. So I hope you'll solve the mentioned above problem with transitions between BG1 and BG2 areas as it seems no one knows around how to do this. Meanwhile I'll live with my original idea is to add all the areas to XNEWAREA.2DA and make the corresponding XL.....2DA link files.

4. BIFFs - it's really up to you. My machine is too fast to see the difference between locating files in BIFF or in override. And I didn't know that you biffed all the files. I've never taken a look into BP package. I have always thought that making NeJ2 in a WeiDU format makes him automatically compatible with BP if worldmap and animations are fixed.

Let's work together better in the future, with communication, cooperation, and collaboration... the community "team effort" approach... etc.

It's like de-ja-vue. I have already read this proposal somewhere sometime. Maybe I have even written it myself. If memory serves me well we were supposed to work as a *team* (you, Domi, Meira, Serge...) on NeJ TC. Where have you been my friends? I am really lucky that I found Jannette, the great writer and real friend. And about *team effort*, except Dragonlance I really don't see teams around. I have asked for help many many times for a few years starting from 2001, to help me with graphics, with voicing, with writting, with making mods, with *undertaking a team effort*... People like to talk, to spend their life in forums, and that someone else makes the mods for them.... Eventually I don't see my future in modding. I am finishing NeJ2 and that's all. No more BG games!

6. WeiDU... *a positive step in the right direction* etc. - I don't want to be harsh here so let me ignore this.

7. Animations - you have no choice but to rework them if you want NeJ2 to be compatible with BP. I have added many MANY animations from IWD/IWD2 to NeJ2, please take this into account.

Bill if you want to continue this discussion you can find me in YIM, or e-mail me all your questions/answers. We can discuss them in private.

Edited by Vlad, 20 January 2005 - 07:36 AM.

#14 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 03:51 PM

Vlad,

For the record (hard to prove, with TeamBG's closing)--I offered help on creating NeJ2, when NeJ1 was released. My offer wasn't taken up. If you recall, I was busy (nay, SWAMPED) making bp-bgt during the time of NeJ1's actual creation. I did make it compatible in less than a day's time from release...

You noticed how I keep going back/forth on the best way to handle this? That's because I'm confused, and still dumbfounded that all of this is even necessary at this late date.

Solutions is what I seek, not discussions. Less busy work, and more play time. Believe it or not. Too bad it won't happen here--it could have'

Sorry I wasn't here when the questions needed to be asked. I was kind of caught up in a "little" divorce issue.

To the rest of ye:

We all crave the new content, but it isn't worth chopping my/our head/s off to obtain it. This is going to be a lot of work, gang. I want some help--I'm not doing this all by myself. If I don't get help, don't expect this to happen. End of Story! After all, I came back to make a mod of my own--not busy myself with somebody else's.

(This is the part where people of skill step up to the plate and say. "Don't worry, Horred--I'll help you!"--and actually do help! :unsure: )

People like to talk, to spend their life in forums, and that someone else makes the mods for them....

I guess we'll see. This is your chance to disprove this theory, gang.

I've already done most of the research and legwork.

If "WE" proceed with this project:

Animations Solution: Since BP and CtB have pretty much toasted the normally available slots, we have to improvise. First come, first served....
The procedure outlined by Max, and followed through on by Galactygon, will serve well. I made the current BP yeti, MBET, into empty BAMs. A set of blank bam's already existed in BP--MDUG1 series. I made MBETF out of the yeti's old files. I made his weapon into a flail (just inside the file, not visually). The same will have to be done with the 5 NeJ animations not currently in BP (MBETA, MBETD, MBETS, etc). The only drawback: no death animation, no corpse dropped. You still get items and XP, plus a good fight--which is what matters most.

Instead of rewriting all these animations, make weidu into your friend.

Example: Copy ~Nej/BAM/MWIGA1.bam~ ~override/mbetsa1.bam~

I know what is going on in this department; it would be best if I handled it.

Worldmap Solution: Instead of subtracting areas---add them! The same way that D'Arnise Keep and Temple Ruins do. No new .tis file required, just are and possibly weds. This procedure works WITH existing maps, instead of replacing them. This also removes the issue of overwriting existing area files. King Diamond can lend me some help on this hopefully. I know he's been researching this in depth lately.

Someone with a good working knowledge of weidu can handle the addition of the new areas to the bp-bgt and bp-bgt-ctb worldmaps.

So basically, what I am proposing is a couple new folders (or, use weidu to create directories and/or copy files over). Maybe some bat files too. A small paste-on project, not a complete reworking. No one should have to do complete reworkings of somebody else's work, with the tools available today. The main work would be a complete rewriting of the .tp2 file. To say the current one is disorganized is putting it nicely (just open it if you doubt me), so doing this would be doing ourselves a favor. I've already started on this project. I eliminated content that is already present from NeJ1, and combined the 2da appendages that were spread throughout the file.

*Goes to simply play the game, and waits for offers of assistance*

#15 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:06 AM

Adding content to the worldmap is easy (hell I've done it three times now). CtB has you go back to the area map in the Cloakwoods that has the druid circle. All I did is add a second icon to the map under the icon already there for that area (just like the ruins and keep). It has a link back to the City Gates for SOA an no links to the BG1 areas. I can do this on a second Ulcaster and any other maps Vlad wants in the game. I would prefer to keep the original tilesets of each area (CB uses a smaller version of the druid circle map) since that would save disk space but it isn't necessary.

As far as I know, the current map in DSotSC works fine for everyone. I may have missed a link somewhere down in the SOA/TOB areas. Don't know, no one has gotten that far to test it all. So we can add the NeJ2 areas to this map.

Animations? I'll duck that one since I don't understand it yet. What else do you need help on?

Classic Adventures

#16 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 03:52 PM

Animations?  I'll duck that one since I don't understand it yet.  What else do you need help on?

View Post

You will when you see the files. Or, at least, the principle. ;)

I'm not sure. Seems Ulcaster is the only new worldmap type area, so no big deal. It just needs to be reached at the opportune moment. Let me take a few days, to finish up the NWN mod. Play some of these mods--DSotSC and CtB are TOTALLY new to me! (Imagine that... :o ) Then, I'll dig in and get my knuckles wet. I'll know better then.

Beside, SirBillyBob--you've got enough fish in the pan to fry! :w00t:

Sorry I haven't been helpful on NT; I didn't install it, casue I have plenty of other fresh content to check out--and how it runs on top of BP-xxxxxxxx(etc, ad infinitum :whistling: )

BTW: I fixed your BH1000.bcs, so that poor guy doesn't keep living and dying forever. I should get you a copy,if you didn't already get it yourself. Basically, I just used a "catch global"

Good news: Chevalier is helping me out. He helped testplay the NeJ2 mod for Vlad, and has it installed in its intended state (without all these monstrous mods on top of it!! :devil: ) So, we have a good point of referrence, for keeping the mod content intact. Indispensable knowledge, next to Vlad or Larienne. ;)

#17 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 04:32 PM

Shh! They aren't supposed to know about the guy dying. I couldn't get it to work right for this version of the mod, so I left it alone. Hopefully he will work in the 1.8 version I hope to get out soon. Does your script actually kill him? That script wasn't leaving his body so you can see him.

I am trying to finish some of the areas for the sequel now. Have I mentioned in the past day how I hate doors! I also have this really weird area on a map where the party turns invisible. I assume the map thinks they are behind a wall but I didn't put one there and IETME doesn't show one either. FTW??

As a side, BH will be on the worldmap, including the four new outside areas. I will probably finish them up soon so I can get a new worldmap out. I can add in the new Ulcaster if someone can give me the data on it.

Classic Adventures

#18 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 05:02 PM

Shh!  They aren't supposed to know about the guy dying.  I couldn't get it to work right for this version of the mod, so I left it alone.  Hopefully he will work in the 1.8 version I hope to get out soon.  Does your script actually kill him?  That script wasn't leaving his body so you can see him.

I am trying to finish some of the areas for the sequel now.  Have I mentioned in the past day how I hate doors!  I also have this really weird area on a map where the party turns invisible.  I assume the map thinks they are behind a wall but I didn't put one there and IETME doesn't show one either. FTW??

As a side, BH will be on the worldmap, including the four new outside areas.  I will probably finish them up soon so I can get a new worldmap out.  I can add in the new Ulcaster if someone can give me the data on it.

View Post

I'll let you know how my script works in a bit, my party is heading that way soon. ;)

I'll have to see that inviso bug in action, to have a clue. Is this on your 100% custom areas, or any in particular?

Cool...I'll get you the worldmap data as soon as I get it. As far as I know thus far, its only link is from AR0700, the Promenade. Call it AR9804--the underground part will be AR9805. Don't know the 'compass settings' yet...

#19 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 01:28 AM

SirBillyBob--

Another worldmap request. For AR8700, the bandit camp--turn off the Visible From Adjacent Flag, and turn on the Reachable flag. I just fixed the whole "infiltrate the bandit camp" scenario (TAZOK TALKS! :D ), and this is one part of the fix. ;)

I also fixed the parting dialog scenario, in AR7208 and BALDUR. Everybody leaves at the same time, from belt's. The problem was with your EXTEND_BOTTOM on AR7208. It broke the progression, and was missing several (all the new) pc checks. I'll have to do overwrite script files--this is 'middle' content.

I have a lot of extra-mod content in baldur already (not EXTEND_TOP lineup--it's never as efficienct nor logical as hand-placement). I may just leave it in there, with instructions for the power gamer/modder type that don't want let extend_top readd the same stuff and mess things again.

Also fixed up a couple kits. The Vindicator is much closer to its kit stats, plus some changes in the Rasheman Berserker. :o You will be "full plate and packing steel" once again. Both with the proper d10 Hit Points per level. :thumb:

P.S: See, it's good when I "just play". Cause I stop and fix things as I see them. ;)

Edited by horred the plague, 22 January 2005 - 01:29 AM.

#20 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 22 January 2005 - 05:13 AM

Worldmap is done.

Explain the Extend_bottom problem on AR7208 please. The code should just be a match to what was used on everyone else. I just continued the sequence that I saw of NPC names. My original plan was to replace the whole script but that goes against the abilities of Weidu and compatibility with any other mod. I didn't touch Baldur.BCS because I didn't know the NPC leaving process was buried in there.

Classic Adventures