Photo

Updated SilverStar released

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:32 AM

Version 192 of the mod has been uploaded

http://www.final-exo...Mod/Star192.zip

My eternal gratitude to Diana and Fitz who did most of the work here, due to my being incapacitated. The additions include: -
1) A provisional 'in-game' voice set for SilverStar. I have one here that I'm coding up and finalising. It'll be out asap.
2) Cameo appearences by the mod team
3) Lots of additional banters and interjections
4) A few bug fixes I missed - Cheers to Diana for that.

Mirrors will be updated asap.

Seif

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#2 Nastian

Nastian
  • 280 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:33 PM

Seifer... you are Final Fantasy fan? ;)

#3 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 12:37 PM

Somewhat.

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

#4 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:00 PM

Yay!

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#5 Benjamin

Benjamin
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 10:26 AM

Hey Seifer. I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting thing so let me know if it's not. I have a custom portrait that I made for Silverstar (for personal use) a while back and I don't know why it never occured to me to ask if you wanted it
(since you are the one working on the mod). If not, then thats ok, but if you want to check it out then let me know and I'll send it to you.

#6 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:28 AM

Send it along and I'll have an answer by tomorrow for you.

Seif

#7 Benjamin

Benjamin
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:56 AM

Send it along and I'll have an answer by tomorrow for you.

Seif

View Post

Alright. I'll e-mail it to you.

#8 -Adventurer-

-Adventurer-

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:50 PM

I just installed this mod and I can't get Silverstar to appear in Irenicus's Dungeon. The Dryads talk about her, but the character is nowhere to be found. I've even blanketed the entire area with aoes and looked for corpses. Her "Cry Blade" even appears in the second level of the dungeon, but she is nowhere to be found. I've exited and looked by the City Gates...nothing.

Any reasons why she might not be placed in the game? I even tried "CLUAConsole" creating her in the game, but don't know her proper character string name. I'd settle for that as long as i could get her to join me.

Thanks.

#9 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:56 PM

I've been looking for this mod to download it and try to help you out, but I'm running up against a wall, because it isn't in the download center. I'll see what I can do about tracking it down, and will get back to you with the result.

Edit: never mind. First post of this thread. I'll download it and open it up. If I can't tell you where to find her, I can at least tell you the creature code to spawn.

Edited by berelinde, 12 November 2007 - 04:59 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#10 -Adventurer-

-Adventurer-

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:18 PM

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I should have looked harder. It's "D#Silver.cre", excluding the extension in the console of course. I spawned her and got the intro chats, and she's now with me :). Although, you guys might want to look into why she is vanished to begin with. Thanks anyway! I am really looking forward to this mod!

#11 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:35 PM

Glad you were able to get her into your game.

However, I've looked at her spawning script, and there doesn't seem to be anything amiss. It's pretty straightforward, as far as that goes:
IF
Global("D#SilverExists","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("D#SilverExists","GLOBAL",1)
CreateCreature("D#Silver",[3855.2465],3)
END

And that's it.

It's kind of inconvenient, in a way, because SilverStar is an older mod, and tends to use pre-compiled .bcs instead of .baf, but that's the way it goes. If Seifer still wants to maintain this mod, he's welcome to update, of course, but it is what it is. Somebody else can't just come around later and mess with his stuff, without his blessing on the project.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#12 -Adventurer-

-Adventurer-

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:44 AM

Wow. She is VERY twisted and quite well done. I RP about as evil as they come, but she's pretty sick. At first I thought the whole, "lambs and sheep" thing was something of a bad attempt a humor and cultural link, but her dreams give a much more plausible feel to it all. She makes a great assassin, btw! Although, while she does he job quite well--she couldn't be more fragile! It doesn't help that enemies love to critical hit on her as well, lol.

Thus far i'm enjoying her alot. Useful, depraved, not munchkiny, frequent interactions/banters, and realistic history/feel to her. Excellent work!

#13 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:21 PM

I was so excited when I saw the date on tis thread.

I thought Seifer had actually made a new one.

So I am dissapointed, but I will do what I can to help none-the-less.

You can find her in Chateau Irenicus. She is past the door to Jaheria's right, the one with the portal.

If you are looking to reach Siefer, TeamBG would be the best place to try a PM.

#14 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:27 PM

Removed by MTS who obviously should limit himself on how many windows he has open at a time.

Too many seems to confuse him and he replies in the wrong window.

Edited by MajorTomSawyer, 13 November 2007 - 02:28 PM.

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:03 PM

I just installed this mod and really enjoying it so far. For some reason though I couldn't "find" Silverstar's cryblade. When I picked her up, she mentioned her 'Mommy' was in a box. Later, on the second level, heh, she actually died on me so while I finished the rest I guess the scripts or whatnot didn't trigger. I didn't even realize had a weapon, or rather that 'Mommy' was a weapon until later (after I got out of Irenicus' dungeon). Anyway, I was wondering if there was a way to spawn the 'Cry Blade', maybe using the CLUAConsole commands? If so, would any of you know what the string name for it would be?

Thanks!

#16 -Charriu-

-Charriu-

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:06 AM

Hi

I've just started to play with Silver Star in my party and I found her sword Cry Blade. But now I wondered what it can do and what possible bonuses are provided.

#17 ark7

ark7
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 02:38 PM

Silver Star is one of the best NPC mods out there in my opinion. I'd do just about anything to see this mod completed, so feel free to PM me if there is anything I can do to help (especially writing).

namida de nijimu yuuyake iro

#18 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

This mod clearly needs more press ;) I'm pleased to report that it installed successfully in my multi-mod BGII - SoA/ToB configuration under Mac OS X 10.4.11 :) Who'd have thunk an assassin and an inquisitor would travel in the same party together? High jinx are bound to ensue... ;)

Happy modding,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#19 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:52 PM

Who'd have thunk an assassin and an inquisitor would travel in the same party together?

The Catholic Church? ;/

On a more serious note, has anyone considered contacting Seifer about taking over updating, and perhaps expanding, this character? I have enough on my plate, but...

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#20 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:22 AM

I had some unpublished materials and a lot of written content for this I never got around to coding up. If some interest is here for this, and I spark off an interest in modding again then I'll see about getting the unpublished work to the community.

If anyone wants to PM me their thoughts then go for it. I'm open to some new ideas.