• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:24 AM

Well, I've certainly kept reading, and I will certainly be looking out for your next installment. :). Another interesting chapter, SaintZenn. I love the way you've portrayed Anomen and Ly together, as well as weaving canon with your own creation. It worked very nicely.

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#62 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:27 AM

As some of you may have guess, I have effectively screwed myself with Misery & Happiness. I will admit it is the first story that I didn’t give up on in...oh, a week? One thing I really learned is I need to write a damn outline to my stories and follow it... Or at the very least don’t write stories after being up for three days straight. I look back on my chapters and ask myself, “What the hell was I think?” I, for the life of me, cannot come up with any answer.

My failing, mainly, was the fact I had too many ideas and no pacing. I wanted to include some much, that I, the person who finds some widely thought of silly and horrible things wonderful, (Just not Uwe Boll movie though), just can’t do this anymore. If you’re one of the few people who I have laid out the ending for (Only one really being Silver), it makes sense in the end. The problem is I no longer what to write this all the way to the end. I want to skip all this and get to the freaking end. It’s mainly because I’m having problems getting all emo again. To get that emo, I have to be properly medicated. Am I the only one that finds that really ironic? Don’t get me wrong, though. Being emo is great, my writing is gripping, I wear black which everyone know is slimming, I can actually leave the house. The endless crap that comes from the story is when my medication isn’t working. Since I have been medicated since November, everything I’ve written is well morbidly scary to me in saner moments.

So basically, for the moment, Misery & Happiness is cancelled. I don’t know for how long, if and when it’ll be back but left us have a moment of silence.....

In other news, I have two other stories I am working on that have actual outlines, that aren’t just in my head! I promise (I hope) not to have so many damn plot twists in the future stories and to actually pace myself with them.

Oh and major update: My mom’s cancer has cleared up! Yay!
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:
I used to dream that I would meet a prince
But God Almighty, have you seen what's happened since?
Master of the house? Isn't worth me spit!
`Comforter, philosopher' and lifelong sh*t!
Cunning little brain, regular Voltaire
Thinks he's quite a lover but there's not much there
What a cruel trick of nature landed me with such a louse
God knows how I've lasted living with this bastard in the house!

#63 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:05 AM

This is really sad to hear, even though I won't blame you. It's better not to force yourself to write something, as it just won't work. :(

Still, I'll keep on hoping that one day, you'll continue it in some way.

Oh, and big conga rats on your Mom's recovery! That is great news! :)

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#64 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:15 AM

Hey SaintZenn. I just wanted to say I agree with Jazhara7; although I'm sad to see that Misery and Happiness isn't going to be continued, I think it really is better not to force yourself to write, and do remember that what you have finished of Misery and Happiness is work to be proud of. :)

I'll still be eagerly looking forwards to any other writing you undertake. And yes, congratulations on your mother's recovery! :)

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain