Photo

wand of 100hp ??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Trashcan

Trashcan
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:38 AM

Is it wise to give PCs an option to buy/make wand of cure minor wounds ( 1hp) with 100 charges?
I know its great for low level party (1-4) cause its cheap, anyone can use it, and it can heal 100hp.
Is 700-750gp a fair price? :unsure:

#2 Stone Wolf

Stone Wolf
  • 1672 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 02:03 AM

Since healing 1hp per round is useless in battle, I don't think it's too overpowered. Maybe 50 charges instead of 100, since that's what most wands in BG2 start with.

#3 oralpain

oralpain
  • 589 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:38 AM

This for a pen and paper game? Which edition?

Wands almost never contain 100 charges unless they are freshly made/enchanted to their maximum capacity.

I would also consider the price to be extreemly low, but that is entirely dependant on your game/economy and the availability of magic in it. Just making the wand would certainly take more than 750gp of materials and time in many campaigns.

Most healing spells are used more often to recover from battle, rather than in battle.

Edited by oralpain, 05 February 2005 - 08:40 AM.

#4 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:01 PM

For 3.5 edition. And I would rather use healing in the battle. This is for LOW LVL characters. (ever HP counts)

#5 alustriel

alustriel

Seething little ball of hate...

• 240 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 12:22 PM

3.5 wands only have 50 charges upon creation. A wand containing a cantrip is 50% of the cost of a level 1 wand. So if you wanted to double the charges, conceivably, the price would likely be around the same as a 50 charge Cure Light Wounds wand (level 1). Although the pricing for extra charges normally doesn't double. It's quadratic. So I bet if you followed the item creation rules, a 100 charge Cure Minor wand would cost more than a 50 charge Cure light. I'd simply create some 50 charge cure minor and price them at half the cost of a Cure light which is around 750 gp.
<center>Madness...<br>Tempest of the Witch

"Arr, ph34r me leet skillz, ye scurvy dogs, or shiver me timbers if I don't pwnzor the lot of ye! One one one and a bottle of rum!

Avast, ye scurvy n00bs! STFU and prepare to be pwned!!!11!!1!"</center>

Vero: In Halo... "I done kilted you!"
Alustriel: So.. he puts a man-skirt on his victims? Dooood.. That's just harsh!
Vero: LOL