• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 01:04 PM

I'm starting to draft out party co-operation scripts for IWD2 but one area I'm lacking in is which classes have which innate spells. I'd be grateful if anyone who has played IWD2 could list the class and the innate spells that they gained, please. Not feats - that's an entirely different problem which I'll be looking at later.

MTIA

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 05 February 2005 - 01:06 PM.

#2 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 February 2005 - 02:32 PM

3107 DRUID_WILD_SHAPE_POLAR_BEAR
3110 DRUID_WILD_SHAPE_WINTER_WOLF
3111 DRUID_WILD_SHAPE_BORING_BEETLE
3244 DRUID_WILD_SHAPE_ARCTIC_BOAR
3245 DRUID_WILD_SHAPE_BLACK_PANTHER
3246 DRUID_WILD_SHAPE_SHAMBLING_MOUND
3261 DRUID_WILD_SHAPE_DIRE_BEAR
3262 DRUID_WILD_SHAPE_DIRE_PANTHER
3141 DRUID_ELEMENTAL_SHAPE_FIRE_ELEMENTAL
3142 DRUID_ELEMENTAL_SHAPE_EARTH_ELEMENTAL
3143 DRUID_ELEMENTAL_SHAPE_WATER_ELEMENTAL
3280 DRUID_ELEMENTAL_SHAPE_AIR_ELEMENTAL
3122 DRUID_SHAPESHIFT_NATURAL_FORM

3109 PALADIN_LAY_ON_HANDS
3121 PALADIN_PROTECTION_FROM_EVIL
3152 PALADIN_SMITE_EVIL

3139 RANGER_TRACKING

3236 BARBARIAN_BARBARIAN_RAGE
3260 BARBARIAN_GREATER_BARBARIAN_RAGE

3232 MONK_STUNNING_ATTACK
3272 MONK_ABUNDANT_STEP
3273 MONK_EMPTY_BODY
3274 MONK_WHOLENESS_OF_BODY

3263 TALOS_DESTRUCTIVE_BLOW

3264 TEMPUS_TEMPUS_STRENGTH

3265 HELM_HELMS_WATCH
3266 HELM_HELMS_SHIELD

3268 SELUNE_SELUNES_FREEDOM
3269 SELUNE_MOON_SHIELD

3267 ILMATER_ILMATERS_ENDURANCE
3270 ILMATER_PAIN_TOUCH

3271 LATHANDER_LATHANDERS_RENEWAL

3189 AASIMAR_SUNSCORCH
3190 TIEFLING_BLINDNESS
3191 GRAY_DWARF_INVISIBILITY
3242 DROW_FAERIE_FIRE

3275 POWER_ATTACK
3276 EXPERTISE
3277 ARTERIAL_STRIKE
3278 HAMSTRING
3279 RAPID_SHOT

3970 INNATE_CLERIC_TURN_UNDEAD

#3 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 02:49 PM

That's a great help, thank you. Do you have any idea which particular classes
3275-3279 belong to?

-Y-

#4 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:06 PM

I think they're feats.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#5 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:38 PM

I think they're feats.

View Post

Ach - am I getting confused here - are 'feats' in IWD2 the same as 'innates' in all the other IE games? I haven't played IWD2 yet; I'm just starting it as part of creating the scripts and to be honest, 3E rules confuse me slightly. I stopped playing DnD 'seriously' just after 2E were released, so I'm a few years behind the times here.

-Y-

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 February 2005 - 08:52 PM

Yes, they are feats. However, I don't know how useful they'd be to script as the Power Attack and Expertise innates will only set PA and Ex to 1.

You'd have to make new spell files that set the appropriate effect.

#7 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 02:02 AM

You'd have to make new spell files that set the appropriate effect.

View Post

Too much like hard work, just for a script :D

-Y-

#8 Andyr

Andyr

HERR RASENKOPF

• 2318 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:37 AM

The way it works, is the Power Attack feat gives you the Power Attack ability which appears with the innate spells. :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

< jcompton > Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

#9 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:31 PM

The way it works, is the Power Attack feat gives you the Power Attack ability which appears with the innate spells. :)

View Post

I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do about feats yet; I suspect 'nothing' as I can't see how they affect a script at all. However, ALL information is useful at the moment because I don't know enough to know what I want to know - if you follow! :P

-Y-

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:24 PM

One good use would be something like this (pseudo code):

IF
There are a bunch of low threat enemies
OR
There are a bunch of high hit point, low AC enemies
AND
I have the power attack feat (represented by the innnate ability)
THEN
Use Power Attack, to clear them out faster
END

#11 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:06 PM

How does the character know the enemies have high hit points and low AC? Like RPing wise.

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:20 PM

a) they could see what type of armor their enemies have on (unless they are blind)
B) they should have some general knowledge of the relative toughness of the creatures they are fighting.

Anyway, I would recommend against scripting any thing too exact. It's best to use more general criteria - otherwise you take a step away from game immersion.

#13 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:42 PM

Yovaneth, in case you don't know of its existance, you might want to take a look at this IWD2 Scripting information.

http://www.cirerrek..../#Miscellaneous

I've also got some very beta IWD2 rough ports of the eSeries to IWD2 uploaded as well.

I eventually got pretty disgusted about the fact that there are quite a few things that aren't scriptable in IWD2, or at least without quite a bit of hard work and hackage.

Classic example of "get something out the door to make a little cash before the craze dies down, nevermind if it is incomplete".

#14 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:05 AM

Yovaneth, in case you don't know of its existance, you might want to take a look at this IWD2 Scripting information.

That's one piece of info I've had around for quite a while - you're a bookmarked site for me :).

MSAO looks particularly interesting, especially if you want to 'randomise' spellcasting, but would you want to throw a random spell when faced with a specific enemy? Ditto its use for healing.

I've also got some very beta IWD2 rough ports of the eSeries to IWD2 uploaded as well.

I confess to disassembling iThief and iFighter using NI - the other two (iBard and iArcher) caused NI to barf for some reason. I was particularly interested in your rewritten threatlevel assessment - I'm very tempted to give it a bit of a polish and use it almost 'as-is'.

I eventually got pretty disgusted about the fact that there are quite a few things that aren't scriptable in IWD2, or at least without quite a bit of hard work and hackage.

Not good news, that. Can you give me some specific examples? At the moment I'm still in the process of directly converting Slim gSeries from BG2 to IWD2 by the simple expedient of matching common spells, then substituting BG2 for IWD2 where they are different and finally adding any usable new IWD2 spells. The polishing and checking begins when that is complete.

-Y-

#15 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:10 AM

How does the character know the enemies have high hit points and low AC?  Like RPing wise.

View Post

There's a whole bunch of checks for that e.g.

HPGT - hitpoints greater than
CheckStat(X) - check the potential target's stats (armour, spellfailure etc)
Class - creature class
Race - creature subclass or race type

etc, etc. Have a look at any of the current source codes here

-Y-

#16 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:13 AM

One good use would be something like this (pseudo code):

IF
  There are a bunch of low threat enemies
  OR
  There are a bunch of high hit point, low AC enemies
  AND
  I have the power attack feat (represented by the innnate ability)
THEN
  Use Power Attack, to clear them out faster
END

View Post

Standard check and counter-check, but it's good to be reminded that things can be done simply.

-Y-

#17 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 05:33 PM

How does the character know the enemies have high hit points and low AC?  Like RPing wise.

View Post

There's a whole bunch of checks for that e.g.

HPGT - hitpoints greater than
CheckStat(X) - check the potential target's stats (armour, spellfailure etc)
Class - creature class
Race - creature subclass or race type

etc, etc. Have a look at any of the current source codes here

-Y-

View Post

You missed the RPing wise part. It's somewhat unrealistic for a character to immediately know fighter A will be easier to hit than fighter B.

#18 cirerrek

cirerrek
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:31 PM

@Mongoose87

Here is my take on the RPing aspect of selective targeting.

An ignorant adventurer is a dead adventurer.

The junk in the books, like Superstud Drizzt running into a cave full of 100 ogres = a dead Drizzt.

A good adventurer that plans to stay alive is going to know everything there is to know about something as nasty as say a Beholder. What it eats, what it speaks, what it does and doesn't like to do, what it is vulnerable to, yadda, yadda.

He(she) or it (since we're talking D&D here ;)) is also going to know that to damage an enemy in heavy plate armor, you need heavy artilery like a two-handed sword or a military grade crossbow.

Plus these people live in this world. You probably know something about horses, even if you have never ridden one. Stands to reason that they might know that Beholders are in some way anti-magic. An innkeeper might not know the specifics, but an adventurer that suspects they might encounter one, is likely to know the central eye is the key to the anti-magic nature of a Beholder.

@Yovaneth

You are welcome to grab whatever you need from the iSeries. It is doubtful that I will complete it.

MSAO makes sense for NPCs, but not really for PCs. It also isn't fully implemented.

Innates are unscriptable, period. From the mouths of the developer. They are not handled by HaveSpell() or any other method. They didn't add a scripting function for that purpose.

PartyRested() does not work, so you get to use Timers for anything with duration.

I actually don't recall everything that is buggered at this point. The IWD2 Scripting Info pretty much contains the sum total of what I know or knew.

The relative inability to script Feats is what really ticked me off. They are essentially the main feature of 3rdE vs 2ndE. At least there is some hope, if you want to create your own spell files which modify the proper states/stats?

I couldn't tell you why iBard and iArcher caused NI to barf. I used NI to compile them, so I would assume it should uncompile them, unless perhaps, it was having a problem with being unable to find some references to modified .IDS files.

I can send you the .bafs, if you would like. Just toss me an e-mail address and I'll throw them in a .zip

-cirerrek

#19 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 08:30 AM

You are welcome to grab whatever you need from the iSeries.  It is doubtful that I will complete it.

Thank you.

Innates are unscriptable, period.

Sh!t. That really screws things up!!!!!

At least there is some hope, if you want to create your own spell files which modify the proper states/stats?

I'm not sure I want to get that deeply into it at the moment - maybe later.

I couldn't tell you why iBard and iArcher caused NI to barf.  I used NI to compile them, so I would assume it should uncompile them, unless perhaps, it was having a problem with being unable to find some references to modified .IDS files.

Mmm - usual reason, I guess. It simply doesn't decompile them, no fuss, no crash, just no reaction.

I can send you the .bafs, if you would like.  Just toss me an e-mail address and I'll throw them in a .zip

Please - and any ids files you modified would also be very useful.

dragonflightdesign@hotmail.com

-Y-

#20 Mongoose87

Mongoose87
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 03:45 PM

@cirerrek
Suppose it's an enemy type he hasn't previously seen, or a thief in leather armor, versus a monk in none? He doesn't know for sure who has the lowest AC.