Photo

Problems

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Lord of the Beans

Lord of the Beans
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 09:10 AM

I'm having a number of problems with the quests in this mod. Some just aren't working, and I can't find/start some of the others.

Of Elves and Artifacts:
1) I give Cromwell the ingredients for the crown, he goes and makes it, then he says good night, gives me no item and i see NO VALID RESPONSES OR LINKS in my dialogue box.

2) Not having a crown, I go to the Windspear Hills to simply kill the mage. However, I kill him, loot all of his items, then rest and he is back. At first I think it must eb part of the plot, that I need to find a way to kill him permanently, but he drops the same very powerful items over and over again. Something is not right.

Ryberg:
1) I already had found the money, but after speaking to Donny, the only thing Ryberg will say is "What does that mean, Donny" and "Wait Donny, don't go yet!"

Hlondeth
1) I have spoken to everyone here, and cannot get any quests. The only people that I can actually 'talk' to are the halfling in the inn in the south district, who just says he is busy a few times despite my responses, and a herb merchant in the west district. Everyone else just gives one-liners.

2) I cannot find the Valiant arms shop. I found a building with the interior of the IWD Kuldahar weapons shop, but devoid of people.

3) In the temple of Mystra, when trying to picklock the altar I am told the history of the Nether scrolls. The star puzzle allows me to picklock it afterwards. When trying to picklock the secret door i simply get 'The History of Giantkind'.

4) The only thing I could actually find to do was kill some Yuan-Ti in a warehouse, who keep respawning from a trapdoor that leads to 'an empty cellar with nothing of interest'.

Holly The Elf:
1) Nowhere to be found.

2) The elderberry bush at the de'Arnise keep cannot be looted, the cursor just changes to a question mark when you try (I haven't got the quest, I just found that they were needed using NI)

Civil Disobedience
1) Nowhere to be found.

Snowflake Mountains:
1) When trying to go higher into the mountains by going to the right hand side of the map, the game CTDs, with an Assertion Error message.
2) Although it is barely an issue, the mountains take longer to get to the closer I am to them (204 hours from Windspear, right next to them, but only 172 from Athkatla)

I can also find no allusion to the NPC that is spake of on the website.

Please respond, even if just with cryptic riddles, or to tell me you I'm not allowed to know, rather than the bleak silence I received to my last question (which was along similar lines).

Thanks.

Edited by Lord of the Beans, 12 February 2005 - 09:14 AM.

#2 mitchmc

mitchmc

Wielder of the Staff of Power

• 199 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:18 PM

Re: Elves and artifacts

Found khaddyr, when I entered the first room his body guards were already hostile. He however was still neutral. I killed off the bodyguards in the first room, entered the second room with Khaddyr. The apprentice bodyguards are also hostile. They were easy to kill and Khaddyr remained neutral. When I chose the dialogue option to assist with the ritual, nothing happened. He didn't seem to respond when I had the ingredients.

MitchMc

#3 -Mrahface-

-Mrahface-

Posted 06 June 2005 - 06:41 AM

I have the same problem, and the Academy of Kuldin seems to simply be a gungeon filled with Iron Golems. It's weird. I see these new monsters for a second, but then they disappear after a second. Also, for the Hlondeth quest, it seems like u have to kill a certain number of yuan ti or lizard monsters or something like that, before Rhynn at Valiants Store will tell you that the "Secession" leader will meet with you. I cant seem to find him at all however and i have looked ALL OVER Hlondeth. Btw, the Valiants store can be found in the northwestern part of the "highest" Hlondeth map of the three. I hate how vague the quests are, I wish i could find a description of how or where I can start each quest. This mod would be great if i just had ANY idea how to play in any of the many quests described on the site, www.spellholdstudios.net/ctb. Its ridiculous, i think the makers should at least provide this.

#4 -The_VIC-

-The_VIC-

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:44 PM

well i have quite similar problems. above all i think that the quests should all...well rather come to you instead of searching the whole amn area for some.
1. hlonduth: the way i did it was first to kill the yuan-ti in a warehouse in the southern district, then talked to rhynn in the valiant arm shop who gave me a quest about killing some zombies. whether it is connected or not i don't know but then u get a new area and have to kill some zombies and get a nice sword as reward from rhynn

2. i accidently found the ancient library which is crowded of drows and driders, a spider-drow hybrid which is quite nice. be sure to loot alle the bookcases.

3. i don't really understand the dragon quest about this blue dragon with this long name i can't remember. i first duelled the dragon and won her treasures (she wasn't that hard to fight) and then i re-entered the cave again to kill her for xp. but even worse i thought was the fact that all the super weapons u will get in tob are lying around on the ground, such the ravager or carsomyr, all upgraded as cespenar does. i mean it's stupid to make the game so obviously easy.

4. where to find ryberg?

5. where to get the quest "of elves and artifacts?"

6. holly the elf: absolutely nowhere to be found. i searched whole amn tiwce. then i thought maybe she is in an inn and had a look at each inn in amn. then i thought well in the features they describe that she's ill maybe she is in a temple. why i can say she isn't. so what the fudge is it with her?

7. i got a quest of so-called "cowled wizards" in the government district to find a girl named miranda or melanie or similar. while is was looking for holly i connected it with my search for her, but didn't find her. then in the features it is written about a girl called myranda who can be found in the copper coronet. so i thought well the name sounds quite similar so have a look, but there is absolutely no myranda in the copper coronet. is myranda the girl the cowled wizards are looking for? if yes, where is she? if no, where is she, and where is myranda?

#5 -The_VIC-

-The_VIC-

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:46 PM

now i forgot to add to 2.
the ancient library can be found in the umar cave. double click on the pool

#6 -The_VIC-

-The_VIC-

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:48 PM

ok and the girl's name from 7. is melynda not myranda :P

#7 melora

melora
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:04 PM

i seem to be stuck in the ancient library under the umar hills. i killed everything and found the room with the ancient statue after looting the books. but i cant find my way out. i cant seem to be able to go back the way i came in. is there a secret exit i am missing?
[COLOR=green]
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me. -
Charles Barkley

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:37 AM

i seem to be stuck in the ancient library under the umar hills. i killed everything and found the room with the ancient statue after looting the books. but i cant find my way out. i cant seem to be able to go back the way i came in. is there a secret exit i am missing?

I had the same problem, in the cave on the left side of the map there is a section where if you look it appears to be ropes leading up out of the cave, by clicking on these you are given the option of exiting. I believe it is in the bottom left of the map in a dead end part of a branch of the cave.

#9 melora

melora
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:46 PM

I had the same problem, in the cave on the left side of the map there is a section where if you look it appears to be ropes leading up out of the cave, by clicking on these you are given the option of exiting. I believe it is in the bottom left of the map in a dead end part of a branch of the cave.

thanks so much !
[COLOR=green]
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me. -
Charles Barkley

#10 minnamaarit

minnamaarit

In recon mission...shush!!

• 429 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 01:36 AM

6. holly the elf: absolutely nowhere to be found. i searched whole amn tiwce. then i thought maybe she is in an inn and had a look at each inn in amn. then i thought well in the features they describe that she's ill maybe she is in a temple. why i can say she isn't. so what the fudge is it with her?

I found Holly in temple of Helm, in a small room just right to the main room with statue. Hope this helps:)
*Frak Ferrari. Frak Porsche. Give me Nimbus 2000. Or a levitate spell.*

Posted Image
Mwhahaha!! I has Boo! And since I has Boo, I has Minsc too! Beware, evil buttocks! >:D

#11 Duality

Duality

Deranged Mactel User

• 150 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

Holly is in the temple of helm in the temple district.
She will ONLY spawn if your PC is some-type of cleric, and you are over L9.
Or if you joined helm and are over L12.
Or if you have a druid in your party who is over L9. I think. I'm getting this all from the .bcs files, so I may be missing something.

Melynda is found in the copper coronet in the small room behind the bar where Lethinan (or whatever his name is) stands. She can't talk, you need to buy some parchment from the vendor above the Seven Vales in Waukeens promenade.
I have no idea why she is there.

Anyone find the ice cube quest? You have to buy a property for 30k and your reward is 1k gold, 1k exp and 1 rep point......

Blue dragon.. What?

Rhyberg appears randomly in town if you are a mage.

If you go to the Academy of Kuldin early on, you fight bugbears, at some level they are all replaced by Iron Golems. And that place is HUGE. I got my party teleported apart on the third floor, and ended up in 6 different places. Reload time. Has anyone ever actually cleared the place out? I would assume there is something more to it.

And, lastly, why did I find a RAVAGER in act 2? Why is that possible? (it's the useless giant halberd thingy from ToB).

Perhaps we should post all the quests we find and where people are.

Edited by Duality, 20 March 2006 - 04:22 PM.

#12 --MooN--

--MooN--

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:08 AM

yo. I found this melynda girl,bought some parchment and vellum, as others sugessted, but still she won't talk to me. Do I have to use it somehow,or is it just a bug?
And one more thing,does any1 know where can I find the book to proceed with the uncle donny quest?
Thanks in advance;)

#13 fazi

fazi
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:23 AM

got same problem as -MooN- . I got in connsole "Melyndea -Have nothing say to you" help ?

btw I have taken the quest "Cowled Wizards need help" before the quest she speak to me....

Edited by fazi, 26 June 2006 - 06:27 AM.

#14 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:24 AM

yo. I found this melynda girl,bought some parchment and vellum, as others sugessted, but still she won't talk to me. Do I have to use it somehow,or is it just a bug?
And one more thing,does any1 know where can I find the book to proceed with the uncle donny quest?
Thanks in advance;)

It's a bug.
http://www.shsforums...showtopic=21836

#15 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 October 2006 - 01:43 AM

the link to the bug fix for melynda doesn't seem to work. There seems to be a thread related to this but I'm not sure if its for 1.7 or 1.8

#16 -braden-

-braden-

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:55 PM

3. i don't really understand the dragon quest about this blue dragon with this long name i can't remember. i first duelled the dragon and won her treasures (she wasn't that hard to fight) and then i re-entered the cave again to kill her for xp. but even worse i thought was the fact that all the super weapons u will get in tob are lying around on the ground, such the ravager or carsomyr, all upgraded as cespenar does. i mean it's stupid to make the game so obviously easy.

4. where to find ryberg?

5. where to get the quest "of elves and artifacts?"

3. how do you get this quest? the only allusion i got was some pirate coming up to me in the city gates that said 'velvetfoot will scare you' or whatever.

4. ryberg randomly spawns if you're a mage, it's happened to me both times in waukeen's promenade rather early on.

5. "of elves and artifacts" happens randomly in the bridge district, if you're towards the southern end (by the rune building and/or across from the temple of helm). i BELIEVE you get it when you've gotten the mage stronghold, but ive only done it once so im not sure about that. i also got it after the killings were solved. you have to be a mage though. you'll get a cutscene of an elf walking over to you and dropping something in your pack.

and to the person who mentioned the 'got ice' quest, you can get that if you talk to the bartender at delosar's, and ask him why he's so short-staffed; you'll get some dialogue about offering to help him out and he'll say he needs ice and the snowflake mountains will appear on your map

#17 --MooN--

--MooN--

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:45 PM

I know, it may be a silly question, but does any1 know how to destroy the crown of horns? it seems nobody wants it:P I bring it to cromwell, but he doesn't acknowledge I have it. He's afraid or something?:P ok, I'm kiddin'. But seriously, any ideas?

#18 younes

younes
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:42 AM

I know, it may be a silly question, but does any1 know how to destroy the crown of horns? it seems nobody wants it:P I bring it to cromwell, but he doesn't acknowledge I have it. He's afraid or something?:P ok, I'm kiddin'. But seriously, any ideas?

The dialog to give the Crown to Cromwell for destruction only appeared after I gave him the moonblade to forge. And even then, after cliking on the dialog option, noting happened (he didn't take it from me).

By the way, I have completed the forging of the Moonblade (seen the cutscene), but again nothing happens. No completed Moonblade, no items taken, no dialog option...

I'm sorry to say but CtB still need lots of work. It could be much more enjoyable if so many variables, flags...wheren't missing/triggering!
Some pro modders should take this mod and go through an exaustive verification...ref to all the missing/weird things happening in this mod documented in the forum.