hi new here

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 led_head

led_head
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:20 PM

hi im new here im a led head and love snowboarding

so any of you guys play morrowind? if you do tell class level best item you know whatever
:P

#2 Kai of Candlekeep

Kai of Candlekeep

Me? Nice? Dream on.

• Modder
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:05 PM

Hello and welcome led_head

Yes, some of us (including myself) have and still do play Morrowind, in fact we have a forum for The Elder Scrolls and whatever discussions pertaining to that game and its expansions.

I myself have always played a Dark Elf fighter/mage. Best item in game is subjective, though, depending on your individual playstyle and character class. My personal favorite item is the Umbra Sword, without a doubt.

Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

#3 Sein_Schatten

Sein_Schatten

His Divine Shadow

• 158 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:19 AM

i play a high elf with all mage schools as skills and short sword and light armor. best item is the cloak of st. ronin or so. that gives you health and stamina recovery. you are invincible with that. you can even be a lvl onbe vamp and stand outside in bright daylight and fight a guard without dieing. :D

#4 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:06 AM

Breton mage/assassin custom class. (You start out weak but can become what I believe to be the strongest of all classes)

Breton + Savior's Hide = 100+ Magicka Resistance (Magicka Immunity if you will)
You can take the Apprentice Sign for extra 1.5xINT Magicka boost without fear of the Weakness to Magicka.
As far as I know, this combination will allow you to wear the Boots of Blinding Speed without going completely blind. :devil:

Concentrate on Sneak, Illusion (Essential for an assassin) and Spear (Endurance)/Long Sword (Strength) depending on whether you are going to play defensive or offensive. Then take either the Spear of Bitter Mercy or Umbra Sword as your main weapon.

With a potential of 100+% Magicka Resistance you should hold your own against any mage.
Sure you can't win in a fair one-on-one fight against a Redguard or an Orc pure fighter of the same level, but with Chameleon on offensive (more critical hits) and Invisibility on defensive (quick get-away), played properly you should always emerge victorious. :thumb:

This really should be in the Morrowind Forum though. ^_^

#5 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:22 PM

Chameleon is way too cheap. I found a ring of 80% chameleon I think, and the enemies couldn't even see me. It lasted like two minutes, so I had all that time to hack away at enemies who fleed in terror. That's no fun. What exactly is weakness to magicka anyway? I assumed that was negative magic resistance. Does it just make magic do more damage? I always play a Breton with the saviors hide for 110% magic resistance, but never chose that sign because I was afraid it would make me no longer immune to spells. It was a neat character though; I found Dagoth Ur early on in the game, and apparently he just throws spells at you. I just stood there and laughed as I resisted every single spell. Then I pushed him off a ledge into some lava by just walking into him. Pretty funny. Too bad he didn't stay dead...

When I play as a rule I never use invisibilty/chameleon spells, and don't use levitation while fighting, don't enchant items to make huge fireballs to blow up entire towns, and don't pay for training because then it's no longer an RPG it's click on training for hours spending all the money you got by stealing all the best items at level 1. I don't even use weapons anymore because even that makes it too easy. Now I play on all the way hard as a pure mage who is too weak to cast spells =). Finally, a challenge.

#6 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:00 PM

Chameleon is way too cheap.  I found a ring of 80% chameleon I think, and the enemies couldn't even see me.  It lasted like two minutes, so I had all that time to hack away at enemies who fleed in terror.  That's no fun.  What exactly is weakness to magicka anyway?  I assumed that was negative magic resistance.  Does it just make magic do more damage?  I always play a Breton with the saviors hide for 110% magic resistance, but never chose that sign because I was afraid it would make me no longer immune to spells.  It was a neat character though; I found Dagoth Ur early on in the game, and apparently he just throws spells at you.  I just stood there and laughed as I resisted every single spell.  Then I pushed him off a ledge into some lava by just walking into him.  Pretty funny.  Too bad he didn't stay dead...

When I play as a rule I never use invisibilty/chameleon spells, and don't use levitation while fighting, don't enchant items to make huge fireballs to blow up entire towns, and don't pay for training because then it's no longer an RPG it's click on training for hours spending all the money you got by stealing all the best items at level 1.  I don't even use weapons anymore because even that makes it too easy.  Now I play on all the way hard as a pure mage who is too weak to cast spells =).  Finally, a challenge.

View Post

Weakness to magicka makes non-resisted magical attacks do more damage. (Of course with 100+% MR, there is no non-resisted magical attack :devil: so Apprentice is safe for Bretons)

Anyone who thinks Chameleon is cheap obviously never tried Sanctuary. :lol:
You can enchant items up to 100+ Sanctuary. Which is insane with Bretons.
Breton + Savior's Hide = 100+ MR (Magicka Immunity)
100 + Sanctuary = Enemy Physical attacks always miss (Physical Immunity)

Invincibility. :devil:

#7 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:30 PM

Lol. Crazyness. Though the Cameleon ring is just as good because the only things that can see through it are mages (no idea why, the fighters just run in fear). But being immune to magic makes me invincible anyway, so Sanctuary is unnecessary. Though I also never use it because even without using it I could tell it could probably be abused. Even on the hardest difficulty the game is way too easy even with the restrictions I put on myself. Except for one thing: reflection. On the hardest difficulty enemies reflect spells VERY OFTEN and spell resistence doesn't help against that. So I cast a spell and kill myself. That's why I've been playing other games rececently instead. Can't wait for Oblivion... especially after hearing the story about the guard who got hungry and went out to kill a deer, was arrested for using violence against an animal, starting a brawl between the guards, and then thieves came and robbed all the stores in town since the guards were distracted. That's some good AI...

#8 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:27 PM

And look, we have a section devoted entirely to Morrowind :D

The easiest class to play in the game is probably just a straight fighter, heavy armour, block/single handed weapon or double handed weapon makes little differnce, I'd go for the single handed and shield, and long swords. A good race for this is Redguard or Imperial, but Dark elves, Orcs or Nords can carry it off too, perhaps using axes instead of swords.

Edited by Tom, 23 February 2005 - 08:28 PM.

Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#9 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:28 PM

I go for the character that will be strongest at the end of the game. That means I don't pick anything but Breton because they are far superior to the other classes even though they get slow start since their skills are magic based. Though with 70k gold (which is easy to get) I can level my character about 10 times in about an hour and end up with about 150k gold without getting any training =). I always do this at the start (I won't tell unless you ask since it gives you a HUGE headstart, even though its totally legit).

#10 Sein_Schatten

Sein_Schatten

His Divine Shadow

• 158 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:48 AM

Weakness to magicka makes non-resisted magical attacks do more damage. (Of course with 100+% MR, there is no non-resisted magical attack  :devil: so Apprentice is safe for Bretons)

Anyone who thinks Chameleon is cheap obviously never tried Sanctuary.  :lol:
You can enchant items up to 100+ Sanctuary. Which is insane with Bretons.
Breton + Savior's Hide = 100+ MR (Magicka Immunity)
100 + Sanctuary = Enemy Physical attacks always miss (Physical Immunity)

Invincibility.  :devil:

View Post

w00t. i should pay more attention to the spell description. my evil combo is damage strength 100 and then blast them away with poison/fire damage. or cast levitate and then let my summons do the job. :D if i am in danger i cast invisibility and retreat and heal. :D

#11 -Quiet Lurker-

-Quiet Lurker-

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:47 PM

w00t. i should pay more attention to the spell description. my evil combo is damage strength 100 and then blast them away with poison/fire damage. or cast levitate and then let my summons do the job. :D if i am in danger i cast invisibility and retreat and heal. :D

View Post

You call THAT evil? Try enchanting a weapon that casts Sanctuary/Chameleon/Invisibility on self on strike.
Sure, you may not kill a daedra in one hit, but you can get multiple hits in while virtually invulnerable, not to mention the risk of getting fried when your spell gets reflected back.

#12 Sein_Schatten

Sein_Schatten

His Divine Shadow

• 158 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:12 PM

i can also make me a god with alchemie at lvl1 . and kill the toughest monster with one hit. evil enough? <_<

#13 AnnabelleRose

AnnabelleRose

The great pretender... of modding!

• Modder
  • 2083 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:48 PM

I don't, but welcome anyway. ;)

- The transitioned former modder once known as MTS.

#14 Ebon

Ebon
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 12:53 AM

Wait a minute... Shouldn't this thread be moved to 'The Elder Scrolls' forum? :o

#15 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:27 AM

Wait a minute... Shouldn't this thread be moved to 'The Elder Scrolls' forum? :o

I've thought about it.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#16 Kai of Candlekeep

Kai of Candlekeep

Me? Nice? Dream on.

• Modder
  • 527 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:42 AM

It would be appropriate, yes.

Having a highly active imagination can be very taxing on the purity of one's soul at times...
- Sir Kalthorine ut Wistan

I find you amusing... in a "What the hell is wrong with you?" kind of way...
- Jaheira, BG1

#17 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:09 AM

*click*

EDIT: Or rather; *click*, *click*, *click*. ;)

Edited by SConrad, 25 February 2005 - 08:10 AM.

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#18 BallOfFire

BallOfFire
  • 253 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 09:51 PM

Quiet Lurker, you were unfortunately wrong =(. Weakness to Magicka= negative magicka resistance. I played my Breton with the sign that gives weakness to magicka for like 14 hours until I got the cuirass of the savior's hide and realized what was going on when spells were slaughtering me. 50% from being Breton plus 60% from savior's hide minus 50% from the sign = 60% =(. No magic immunity like I normally have. I gave up on the character and maybe on the game, cause there is no way I'm replaying those 14 hours AGAIN.

#19 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:23 PM

Guest's post is here. :)

#20 Ibis

Ibis

moonlit sleepless florida nights

• 114 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:39 AM

I usually play Morrowind as a Breton Battlemage or an Altmer Spellsword or vice versa. Combining magicka and an enchanted weapon used by a magicka/heavy Race is my favorite gameplay. I usually open each new TES game from Arena on with a khajiit character since so many TES games start in a dungeon or the dark and khajiits have night-eye to see in the dark. I also play Nord warriors and sometimes a dunmer .. all these characters are female.
Remember the Glory Days of Morrowind Mods? Visit Gamersroam Archival Download Library of 1032 old Morrowind Mods and take your pick. Just register and enjoy the good ole days!