• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:30 AM

Yes, it is official gang. The first (and second, hehe) version of this mod has been released, and uploaded to the NWN Vault. Hopefully, it will be available to download within the next couple days.

Note that I said first AND second version. I noticed something after uploading, that was VERY SERIOUS. I'm currently uploading a second, fixed version. I'm going to send an E-Mail to Maximus, hopefully he will get it in time. If you see a version that does NOT say Version2 on it, DO NOT download. I repeat: DO NOT download. I made a SQL table addition, and when I did I noticed that the toggle to build the CNR databases WAS NOT set. This means my robust crafting system, of 1938 recipes, would not be included in any usable form. So, if the update didn't make it in time, don't grab the files. Wait another day or two, it will be so much worth it.

This has been a public service announcement. We now return you to your regularily scheduled programming :P

#2 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 09:18 AM

Good news;just heard back from Maximus. The update made it in time, and the (proper) mod will be released tonight. :D

#3 T.D.K

T.D.K
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:23 PM

Good news;just heard back from Maximus. The update made it in time, and the (proper) mod will be released tonight.  :D

View Post

Awesome.... I'll be all over this.

I'll let you know how the install goes.

Anyone who needs MYSQL help I've set it up a few times.

#4 -Guest_udoh_*-

-Guest_udoh_*-

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:24 PM

I have been watching the Vault like a hawk, got the updated HAK & TLK set.

http://nwvault.ign.c...367094000.shtml

Now waiting for the MOD.

(Nice work Horred :) )

Anyone who needs MYSQL help I've set it up a few times.

View Post

I might take you up on that offer, I've set up what I think is correct, waiting for the MOD, and well.... fingers crossed.--

Cheers
udoh

#5 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:36 PM

I have been watching the Vault like a hawk, got the updated HAK & TLK set.

View Post

A server admin doesn't need the hak/tlk set. It comes with the module, in a nice self-installer. That package is just a simple shortcut for your players, to save them the extra 20MB of download.

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:58 PM

A server admin doesn't need the hak/tlk set. It comes with the module, in a nice self-installer. That package is just a simple shortcut for your players, to save them the extra 20MB of download.

View Post

Ok.. thanks, well, it was something to do with the MOD, and it was there, so I downloaded it.. hehehe, What more can I say....

#7 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:31 AM

Good news;just heard back from Maximus. The update made it in time, and the (proper) mod will be released tonight.  :D

View Post

Great News!

Hope to download the Mod & test it with our Communty soon :)

We played a slightly modified version of Nordock for nearly two Years - impatiently awaiting your Version ... :thumb:

#8 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:48 AM

View Post

Great News!

Hope to download the Mod & test it with our Communty soon :)

We played a slightly modified version of Nordock for nearly two Years - impatiently awaiting your Version ... :thumb:

View Post

Well, sorta bad news; heard from Maximus again last night--he says they didn't receive the file. Not sure if he meant version 1 or 2; still waiting to hear back from him. I'll post when I know--and I assure you it will be there eventually, hopefully soon. :unsure:

#9 jedi156

jedi156
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:43 PM

Well, sorta bad news; heard from Maximus again last night--he says they didn't receive the file. Not sure if he meant version 1 or 2; still waiting to hear back from him. I'll post when I know--and I assure you it will be there eventually, hopefully soon.  :unsure:

View Post

Well bummer was going to try it out tonight with my small group of players, oh well we still need to finish The Lord of Terror - The Diablo Campaign first :)

I do have a question, your post on the vault said you need nwnx & nwnx-ff installed?
I thought they where the same thing only ff had tweaked and optimized it. Also do you know if it will work with nwnx's new sqllite or does it need the mysql?
Thanks

#10 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:20 PM

I do have a question, your post on the vault said you need nwnx & nwnx-ff installed?
I thought they where the same thing only ff had tweaked and optimized it. Also do you know if it will work with nwnx's new sqllite or does it need the mysql?
Thanks

View Post

NWNX2 doesn't work with MySQL--it works with MSAccess ODBC (which I don't have). If you use this, it "should" work--but all the persistence scripts in the mod are set up for MySQL. They'd probably have to be changed. (aps_on_load, cnr_persist_inc, cmd_persist_inc, ff_onmodload, ff_buildtable,and cpv_persist_inc).

I don't really know if it will work with SQLLite or not; never tried it. If you feel adventurous--you could try it out, and let all of us know. :D Otherwise, stick with the tried-and-proven. ;)

#11 Tiggerlicker

Tiggerlicker
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 09:13 AM

NWNX2 doesn't work with MySQL--

I hope that was a typo...otherwise I'll have to tell my server that it has been doing things that shouldn't be possible for the past 6 months :P

#12 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 11:44 AM

NWNX2 doesn't work with MySQL--

I hope that was a typo...otherwise I'll have to tell my server that it has been doing things that shouldn't be possible for the past 6 months :P

View Post

Well, with the NWN-MySQL.dll of course it does (which comes from the NWN-FF package); if you can do so without it, enlighten me. This was my first experience with NWNX2.

Maximus tells me they didn't receive the file--I'm uploading a version 3 right now. It's okay, in the long run--I spotted a couple more errors and had the chance to correct them. Sorry to the people who have been impatiently waiting on this; I truly thought this was a done deal.

#13 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 12:07 PM

Maximus tells me they didn't receive the file--I'm uploading a version 3 right now. It's okay, in the long run--I spotted a couple more errors and had the chance to correct them. Sorry to the people who have been impatiently waiting on this; I truly thought this was a done deal.

View Post

Well I for one will still keep waiting until I get my hands on. I've played it, (not so much the end of the week and weekend, birthdays and stuff), and it's FANTASTIC. So When it comes out, GO GET IT people.

Thanks Horred for your work in all this, your patience and perservance will be reward when we get our hands on your MOD... :) hehehehe

#14 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:48 AM

Well I for one will still keep waiting until I get my hands on. I've played it, (not so much the end of the week and weekend, birthdays and stuff), and it's FANTASTIC. So When it comes out, GO GET IT people.

Thanks Horred for your work in all this, your patience and perservance will be reward when we get our hands on your MOD... :) hehehehe

View Post

Same to me - except for time playing/testing it .... :whistling:

#15 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 01:36 PM

View Post

View Post

And thanks to you; while this has been quite frustrating at times--overall it has been a great learning experience. And the end product has proven worth the hard work.

Still not sure what is going on--I sent the Version 3 to Bioware Saturday night--and I know I got a "file received" message. I already have a version 4 completed! :o (Unless some more bugs surface while I'm waiting). As soon as I see version 3 appear, version 4 will be updated to the Vault--so be advised. For server admins, there is a small update to the hak file (I converted the remaining systems from Bioware database to MySQL, and nw_c2_default7 had to be adjusted as well--this file is in the hak). This will not affect player hak downloads, as the engine just looks for the presence of said hakpak on the player-end.

#16 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 02 March 2005 - 03:26 AM

,Feb 28 2005, 09:38 AM]

View Post

View Post

And thanks to you; while this has been quite frustrating at times--overall it has been a great learning experience. And the end product has proven worth the hard work.

Still not sure what is going on--I sent the Version 3 to Bioware Saturday night--and I know I got a "file received" message. I already have a version 4 completed! :o (Unless some more bugs surface while I'm waiting). As soon as I see version 3 appear, version 4 will be updated to the Vault--so be advised. For server admins, there is a small update to the hak file (I converted the remaining systems from Bioware database to MySQL, and nw_c2_default7 had to be adjusted as well--this file is in the hak). This will not affect player hak downloads, as the engine just looks for the presence of said hakpak on the player-end.

View Post

actually if you look at this link it provides a link to a revamped dll for nwnx2 that doesnt need the odbc connection it writes directly to the mysql db instead i use this on LK nordock an it works great :D anyhow keep up the good work horred .

here is the link to the walk thru i mentioned use the second link for the mysql dll not the first the first on this page is broken. nwnx2/mysql walkthru

#17 Gorgotham

Gorgotham
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:30 PM

I'm going berserk here waiting for the new version! Dear God, I haven''t been this stoked since I proposed and she said yes.

#18 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:26 PM

I'm going berserk here waiting for the new version! Dear God, I haven''t been this stoked since I proposed and she said yes.

View Post

Me too!!!!!!

What about uploading it to the FTP-Server of our/my community and share a Guest-Account with all interested Visitors of this forum? -_-

#19 -GrapeApe-

-GrapeApe-

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:44 PM

It's up on the vault.

#20 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:02 AM

It's up on the vault.

View Post

Yes, it's officiallly there (at last!) Right "Here"

Keeo in mind, I'm going to update this tomorrow to version 4. I have a full page of bugs I found today to fix as well, first. So, later tomorrow--the update.

I don't even know which version they have! It looks like version 1, the one I sent in a week ago.
One of the two they said they lost!
It should be version 3.

Oh my..... :bash: