MOD RELEASED!!!

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 Gorgotham

Gorgotham
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 04:19 PM

See post below

Edited by Gorgotham, 03 March 2005 - 07:09 PM.

#42 Gorgotham

Gorgotham
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 07:06 PM

Here is my latest log, I have everything from both NWNX2 and NWN-FF copied to the NWN directory, I started NWNX2 and tried to enter the game, this is my log...

Also, here is the contents of the NWNX log...

NWN Extender V.2.5.3.0
© 2003 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.avlis.org

* Loading modules...
* Extension FFSpeech is loaded.
* Extension functions is loaded.
* Extension hashset is loaded.
* Extension leto is loaded.
* Extension MySQLSpeech is loaded.
* Extension odbc is loaded.
* Extension profiler is loaded.
* NWNX2 activated.
* Function not specified.* NWNX2 shutting down...
* NWNX2 shutdown successfull.

I get booted as soon as I try to enter, and I have no idea why it's telling me there's bad SQL syntax in there.

Please help me nail this sucker down!

Thanks

Attached Files

Edited by Gorgotham, 03 March 2005 - 07:07 PM.

#43 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:28 PM

I get booted as soon as I try to enter, and I have no idea why it's telling me there's bad SQL syntax in there.

Thanks

View Post

What is the contents of your sql db? i.e. which tables do you have

Sounds exactly like my co-admins problem, fixed by putting the correct mysql connect info into the nwnx2.ini file. (he had put the wrong pw for the db user)
Are you sure there is a good connexion from nwnx to mysql?

GrapeApe

Edited by GrapeApe, 03 March 2005 - 10:36 PM.

#44 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:40 PM

I am at work now, so I can't check the in file, but I can tell you that yes, it is connecting, because in one of the log files it tells me the connection is successful.

Wouldn't the tables NOT generate if there was a problem connecting? The tables are made alright, it's just some of the fields aren't being made.

I will check the .ini file when I get home and see what's in there.

I feel like I'm making at least SOME progress.

Thanks for the lead.

#45 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:44 PM

View Post

Hi,

I finally got mine working last night (dunno how yet), have you tried the older version of MySql (4.0.23). In the end I reverted back to that version, along with the nwnx-odbc.dll from the NWN-FF archive (84kb one).

udoh

#46 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:57 AM

EDIT: And for the record, I don't have the SPEECH components set up right either. I've got an error log 73kb long (and counting). The mod still works without.

View Post

Thanks for your assistance as always Horred, it's much appricated. Thanks for INI file.

I think i've found a solution to the Speech Components problem not loading. I disabled the 1394 device in my network connections (and disabled any other unused network devices) and the Speech component loads without problem.

Not sure if it's needed, but it seems to load now.

If someone has a working NWNX-ODBC.DLL, can they please post the date and time so I can compare with mine. Thanks in advance.

udoh

View Post

hmm has anybody bothered to get the nwnxodbc.dll that writes directly to your mysql db and skips the odbc cnnnector yet? that might help solve a lot of your odbc issues.... once again i mentioned this earlier and if anyone needs it i will gladly post it here just ask.

View Post

try this odbc.dllNWNXODBC.dll

View Post

grr here is the real url for it since url code doesnt seem to want to display right just copy and paste this http://www.sunshadow.org/files/NWNX mysql plugin.rar

View Post

hmm it may be an issue with the way things are setup in the module, i run a modified version of the current PR nordock and it works fine for me but then again i dont have CNR, CEP or PRC or any hakpaks in mine, anyway essentially that .DLL is just supposed to skip the odbc connector and write directly from the module/nwnx2 to the database without going thru the odbc connection , supposed to be tons faster that way. sorry it didnt work out ill have to get with horred and find out exactly how he did things , an maybe between all of us we can make this dll work right .

#47 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:00 AM

and in case anyone is wondering the reason i used this dll in the first place is because my odbc drivers weretn compatible with nwnx2 so i had to use it as a work around, and ended up running faster, smoother in the end since nwnx2 requires i think 3.5 vers drivers for odbc or so and i only have version 2.5 an couldnt seem to get the darn thing to update :P so i used this an it fixed my problem

#48 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:02 AM

and in case anyone is wondering the reason i used this dll in the first place is because my odbc drivers weretn compatible with nwnx2 so i had to use it as a work around, and ended up running faster, smoother in the end since nwnx2 requires i think 3.5 vers drivers for odbc or so and i only have version 2.5 an couldnt seem to get the darn thing to update :P so i used this an it fixed my problem

View Post

I just tried that dll and got repeatedly booted from my own server. I'm switching back to the nwnx-odbc.dll from the FastFrench package--I know it works. Slower is better than nonexistant, any day of the week.

P.S: Yes, my .ini file was set up properly.

Edited by horred the plague, 04 March 2005 - 05:03 AM.

#49 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:19 AM

But it seems like none of the receipes are present. Just like the recors wasn't created first time through. Any ideas?

udoh

#50 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:56 AM

But it seems like none of the receipes are present. Just like the recors wasn't created first time through. Any ideas?

udoh

View Post

Cnr_misc table CnrBoolBuildRecipeDatabase--set to 1, in MySQLCC.

The table info is there, it should build. you have version 4, the latest one on the Vault?--Not the one I sent to your ftp.

#51 Gorgotham

Gorgotham
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:18 AM

It seems nothing I'm doing is helping. Horred, can you tell me if I'm supposed to overwrite the nwnx2 files with the nwn-ff files when I copy them? Some get overwritten. And I just want to make sure that's the right thing to do.

On the odd chance I do actually get the server running, the log files are still not adding the tables or making recipes, still getting that duplicate '~' field error. Also the incorrect syntax is telling me I got something screwy somewhere.

Oh yeah, I can't even run that convoCC mod you said to get, it crashes the nwserver.

Also, I am running version 1.65 of the nwserver, that's ok isn't it?

one other thing, when I initially installed your mod with the installer, at the end it told me there was 1 invalid file, and 3 were installed. Might I have a corrupted download?

Edited by Gorgotham, 04 March 2005 - 07:44 AM.

#52 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:03 AM

It seems nothing I'm doing is helping. Horred, can you tell me if I'm supposed to overwrite the nwnx2 files with the nwn-ff files when I copy them? Some get overwritten. And I just want to make sure that's the right thing to do.

On the odd chance I do actually get the server running, the log files are still not adding the tables or making recipes, still getting that duplicate '~' field error. Also the incorrect syntax is telling me I got something screwy somewhere.

Oh yeah, I can't even run that convoCC mod you said to get, it crashes the nwserver.

one other thing, when I initially installed your mod with the installer, at the end it told me there was 1 invalid file, and 3 were installed. Might I have a corrupted download?

View Post

I don't know--I'm still trying to fix my own install from that screwed-up dll that Leutian recommended. (Par for the course, Mr. Kane... :ph34r: ) My recipes aren't working now either. Yes, overwrite with NWN-FF. Especiall the NWNX-ODBC.dll (84kb) Anything else will ruin your day, like it has mine so far.

EDIT: I just noticed that you're using NWNX2.53. Get odbc-2.54 from the NWNX.org site--here

P.S: Good call on the Speech, Udoh. I turned off & deleted my defunct 56k modem, and now Speech is working. Coolness... :thumb:

Edited by horred the plague, 04 March 2005 - 08:26 AM.

#53 Gorgotham

Gorgotham
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 08:58 AM

Wait, your saying to overwrite the nwnx.odbc with nwn-ff's, then your telling me to get the newer nwnx.odbc. I'm confused.

#54 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 09:44 AM

Wait, your saying to overwrite the nwnx.odbc with nwn-ff's, then your telling me to get the newer nwnx.odbc. I'm confused.

View Post

I'm about to suggest trying a different mod, it would be less painful on all involved.

#55 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:07 AM

View Post

There is a download on nwnx.org for the latest version of NWNX2,you should download that. The NWNX-ODBC.DLL that I am using (which gives me access to the database) is the one from the FF archive (84kb). I would suggest you use that DLL for now. After you have updated your NWNX2.

Cnr_misc table CnrBoolBuildRecipeDatabase--set to 1, in MySQLCC.

The table info is there, it should build. you have version 4, the latest one on the Vault?--Not the one I sent to your ftp.

View Post

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't try your "mini-mod" but when I get back I will have a go with it, and I will be looking into receipe table problem usign your advice.

I'm about to suggest trying a different mod, it would be less painful on all involved.

View Post

Don't give up just yet, this can be sorted, we just need to pool our resources and work out a recommend set of files (maybe giving file sizes) to help.

People, I've seen Horred's MOD working and it is amazing, well worth the extra bit of work. He's doen an amazing job.

udoh :)

ps. I never use the installer, I just extract the files using WINRAR. and I am using the latest MOD from the vault

#56 Gorgotham

Gorgotham
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:25 AM

I didn't sit here for 2 days with barely any sleep to give up now!

Don't give up on me Horred, although you probably hate me by now. I'm really sorry for being an inept buffoon.

I've gotten the latest NXNX2, I overwrote the odbc with FF's. and I am still having these problems.

#57 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:04 AM

I didn't sit here for 2 days with barely any sleep to give up now!

Don't give up on me Horred, although you probably hate me by now. I'm really sorry for being an inept buffoon.

I've gotten the latest NXNX2, I overwrote the odbc with FF's. and I am still having these problems.

View Post

Did you try changing your MySQL version to 4.0.23?

udoh

#58 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:07 AM

View Post

I don't know--I'm still trying to fix my own install from that screwed-up dll that Leutian recommended. (Par for the course, Mr. Kane... :ph34r: ) My recipes aren't working now either. Yes, overwrite with NWN-FF. Especiall the NWNX-ODBC.dll (84kb) Anything else will ruin your day, like it has mine so far.

EDIT: I just noticed that you're using NWNX2.53. Get odbc-2.54 from the NWNX.org site--here

P.S: Good call on the Speech, Udoh. I turned off & deleted my defunct 56k modem, and now Speech is working. Coolness... :thumb:

View Post

alright i wont try to help anymore , i can only speak from the experience ive had with my own server, which the .dll in question works perfectly with it. not my fault we have different setups and it doesnt work with yours , i was only trying to help make things a bit simpler .

#59 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:38 AM

Gorgotham,

You may want to go into the nwnx2.ini and set debugging level to 1, 2, or 3. Probably in a progressive manner. Then restart your server and check the nwnx_odbc.txt log file (it's in the log directory specified in nwnx2.ini, default logs.0 on linux.)

Start from the start and check the db connections, table creations, etc. You should find a message reporting some type of error and then we can better help you diagnose and fix your problem.

Also, post your setup info:

OS
MySQL version
NWN Server Version
Nordock Module Version
Hak and other packages you've installed (CEP, PRC, Nordock CEP-PRC, etc.)

GrapeApe

Edited by GrapeApe, 04 March 2005 - 11:39 AM.

#60 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:08 PM

Gorgotham,

Sorry, dude--I get grumpy when I don't get my sleep. Usually goes away quickly--e.g., when I finally get some sleep...

I said to use those versions,because that's what I used on my server. I renamed my zip folders, because I hate that long string of numbers you get from the vault. I just know that the top of my nwnxlog say 2.5.4, not 2.5.3.

Edited by horred the plague, 04 March 2005 - 02:14 PM.