Photo

MOD RELEASED!!!

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 Elentan

Elentan
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:45 PM

Well, I´ve "wasted" a ton of hours today trying to get this thing going, but it seems today I´m out of luck...

I´m no modder, no programmer-scripter or whatever it seems needed to do certains things in NwN, only a normal gamer here. It was hard enough to get the PRC-CEP convo to work with some modules and with the spanish tlks I had, but this is worst, I´ve no clue about what´s wrong!! :(

Lets try to make this monster work. I´ve NwNserver 1.65 (from the normal install, it seems silly to me to make another standalone server if I already have the full game working here; this is only for LAN playing, I´ve no intentions of making an online srver by now) and with SOU and HOTU, everything working good. I also have CEP 1.51 (I keep the standard tlk as I´m not going to change it to spanish before everything is working as it should, less problems this way :P) and PRC 2.2c (the same about the tlk).

So, I install Nordock Plagued CEP-PRC version 4 (which I´m redownloading now for sure). I don´t like autoinstalers, so I get the files with winrar (version 3.11), and get the hak, tlk and module in their places.

After that, I install Mysql version 4.0.23, as it seems the 4.1 doesn´t work with this. I installed the mysqld-max-nt as some other post here suggested in a webguide, and created an user named nwnuser with the password, the flushing and granting of privileges and all those things. Exactly:

mysqladmin -u root shutdown
mysqld-max-nt ?install
net start mysql
mysql -u root
SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('typepasswordhere');
DELETE FROM mysql.user WHERE User = '';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'nwnuser'@'localhost'
-> IDENTIFIED BY 'nwnuser' WITH GRANT OPTION;
SET PASSWORD FOR 'nwnuser'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('nwnuser');
QUIT
EXIT

Well, after that, I install the Control Center version 0.9.4 and make the localhost thing with the user nwnuser and all those things. First I made a database nwn and made an sql query at its tables with:

USE nwn;
CREATE TABLE pwdata (
player varchar(64) default '',
tag varchar(64) default '',
name varchar(64) default '',
val text,
expire int(11) default '0',
last timestamp(14) NOT NULL,
KEY idx (player,tag,name)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

I tested the connection and it had no problems (also I used the default port 3306

Well, now it gets tricky... It seems no one is sure about what package is needed for NwnX and FF. I´ve tried every combination of everything possible here, and run into many problems, ranging from no connection to database, an odd problem with nwnserver that searched for an wp something dll, and things like that. After much reading and frustration, I ve this in nwn directory:

nwnx_leto.dll and LetoScript.dll from nwnxleto-build-03+18

Leto.exe Leto.ini List.leto.xml Taskpad.exe Taskpad.ini and the directories from Leto v3

MadCHook.dll nwnx-module.dll nwnx2.exe and nwnx.ini from nwnx 2.61 (finally didn´t bother to put the nwnx_odbc_254 or 253 files because they all get overwriten with the FF ones

libmySQL.dll nwnx_odbc.dll nwnx_FFspeech.dll nwnx_MySQLSpeech.dll nwn-MySQL.dll nwnx_functions.dll MadCodeHooklib.dll FF_translator.exe StoreItems.exe BinTracer.exe Speech-Mysql.exe and nwn-mysql.exe all from the FF 4012 package

I tried several nwn-ff.ini files but nothing worked well, so I tried the mod FF includes and worked out that it must be something about the code Horred used to setup persistence or the ini file to work with the module. Horred ini crashes everything before starting... So I used the default ini file from FF, and set it up with some changes for Horred module. At the time its like this:

[MySQL]
Debug=1
host=localhost
user=nwnuser
password=nwnuser
database=nwn
port=0
[FFSpeech]
Debug=1
FilterserverIP=1
NetworkInterface=0
NIC_IP=0.0.0.0
[UdpDump]
NetworkInterface=1
[NWNServer]
StartDir=.
ServerName=NWN-FF Server
PlayerPassword=
DMPassword=FFFF
NWServerExeName=NWServer
Module=Nordock-CEP-PRC-Plagued
Difficulty=3
MinLevel=1
MaxLevel=20
MaxClient=64
Port=5121
Autosave=0
WithAdvancedHeuristics=1
IP=127.0.0.1
TimeSlice=20
Priority=0
InitialDelayS=60
bModuleFeedBack=1
DllName=NWN-MySQL.dll
OtherServerParam=
SQL_PlayerCount=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM idplayer WHERE Actif=1
SQL_DMCount=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM idplayer WHERE Actif=1 AND DM=1
StoreBinaryData=1
MaxCounter=30000
LogProcessing=1
[Global]
LogDirectory=.\%y_%m_%d
HideAllWindows=0
[Profiler]
WriteDetailedTextFile=1
CSV_Field_Separator=,
UseProfiler=1

I know there some things that must be setup as well, not sure what is wrong.
The speech part works after I installed the third party program FF put on the file. FF creates the database, and everything seems ok launching from nwn-mysql.exe and then, everything go wrong :( Here is an excerpt from the log:

NWN-FF Version 4.0.12 Copyright © 2004 FastFrench
(Based on APS/NWN Extender - Copyright © 2003 Ingmar Stieger (Papillon))
[Fri Mar 04 22:33:25 2005] NWN-MySQL Version 4.0.12 main DLL started.
(speech plugin) * Extension "FFSPEECH" is loaded.
* Extension "FUNCTIONS" is loaded.
* Extension "LETO" is loaded.
* NWNX_MYSQLSPEECH.dll skipped: a Speech plugin is allready loaded
* NWNX_ODBC.dll skipped: this NWN-FF main dll has allready MySQL DataBase build-in support
! Bad syntax (EXEC): "ALTER TABLE `pwdata` DROP INDEX `idx`" (Can't DROP 'idx'. Check that column/key exists)
! Bad syntax (EXEC): "INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','NordockCEPPRCPlagued','CnrBoolBuildRecipeDatabase','1',0)" (Duplicate entry '~' for key 1)
! Bad syntax (EXEC): "INSERT INTO cnr_misc (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('~','NordockCEPPRCPlagued','cnrAnvilMaster_DeviceLoaded','0',0)" (Duplicate entry '~' for key 1)
and it keeps going and going with bad syntax at the time going...

So, anybody has any clue about whats going on????? This is getting very awfull for me, I expected something easier... And everybody who tries to help seem to have a different idea of what is better for the server setup, but none works in this computer (have a Windows XP service pack 1 here, and everything else works wonderfully). It seems to me that the database structure has some problem, but neither I know of this things, nor about what Horred did on the module.

Please, the people with working modules there, help us!! My buddies are growing with frustation as I can´t get this masterpiece work for our LAN, and I don´t have much more time to experiment with settings I don´t understand fully, RL is getting harsh lately. If you have and idea about the problem with setting up the cnr tables, or I´m missing something in the nwn root that I should have, please tell me. And a last thing, if I get this working, how much time it takes to make the tables and what have I got to do from then to finish the server setup before playing? (I must lplay from the same computer I run the server, I hope it´s not a problem, and also I´ve no IIS server or Apache or whatever, I don´t intend this for outside LAN connections, hope they aren´t needed in my case).

Thanks for all, and excuse my poor english and this BIG post ( Hope it has not becomed a crying rant for anybody)

See you!!

Elentan, very frustrated :(

#62 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 03:10 PM

Hi Elentan,

I'm at the same stage now, it seems to be something wrong with the access to the cnr_misc table. I understand that the records can't be written, but i don't know, as yet, why they are trying to be written (especially like that; with the same primary key).

At the moment, at times, it feels like the blind leeding the blind, if I could get a working copy of the database tables, I am sure I could fill in the missing pieces...

And your error :

! Bad syntax (EXEC): "ALTER TABLE `pwdata` DROP INDEX `idx`" (Can't DROP 'idx'. Check that column/key exists)

Is because you created a pwdata table using the "guides" the pwdata table in the MOD uses a different structure. Try deleing that table, and let the MOD create it for you.

udoh :)

Edited by udoh, 04 March 2005 - 03:13 PM.

#63 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 03:57 PM

cnr_misc gets created with a primary key on the player column, the data getting inserted all has player set to ~ and therefore only the first INSERT will work. I changed the primary key on my cnr_misc table to match the key on the pwdata table, a combined key of player, tag, and name.

#64 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:15 PM

Well, I´ve "wasted" a ton of hours today trying to get this thing going, but it seems today I´m out of luck...

View Post

You wasted a ton of hours?!@? Think about how many hours I wasted, just to get bitched at by people like you.

#65 Gorgotham

Gorgotham
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:20 PM

cnr_misc gets created with a primary key on the player column, the data getting inserted all has player set to ~ and therefore only the first INSERT will work.  I changed the primary key on my cnr_misc table to match the key on the pwdata table, a combined key of player, tag, and name.

View Post

Ok, I did this, and IT WORKED! Now, the ONLY error I am getting in the log is this:

! Bad syntax (EXEC): "SELECT merchant FROM cmd_misc WHERE merchant='Nordock-CEP-PRC-Plagued' AND sVarName='vendor_deb_IsPersistent'" (Unknown column 'merchant' in 'field list')
! sqlfetch: res=NULL
----
! Bad syntax (EXEC): "INSERT INTO cmd_misc (merchant,sVarName,quantity) VALUES('Nordock-CEP-PRC-Plagued','vendor_sam_IsPersistent','1')" (Unknown column 'merchant' in 'field list')
! Bad syntax (EXEC): "SELECT value FROM cpv_misc WHERE sVarName='vendor_sam_CpvEnabled'" (Unknown column 'sVarName' in 'where clause')
----
! Bad syntax (EXEC): "SELECT value FROM cpv_misc WHERE sVarName='vendor_sam_CpvEnabled'" (Unknown column 'sVarName' in 'where clause')

There are a few others that mimic these but with differing svarname's.

I have not tried actually running the mod yet. But I think I've made a breakthrough.

#66 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:22 PM

Oh, almost forgot in gleeming moment of joy...I added primary key support for val and name to the cnr_misc build table script in ff_buildtable, for version 5. Thanx for the heads up, GrapeApe and Udoh.

Strangest thing is: I never had these set on my PC, and all worked fine. Full, working table.

And for the record: I'm running MySQL 4.1 on my machine.

Edited by horred the plague, 04 March 2005 - 05:24 PM.

#67 Gorgotham

Gorgotham
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:38 PM

Ok, I am crapping myself right now, I am creating a character!!! It's actually going through!

Waiting on the 2da's to load, but it IS working! I am up to selecting feats.

Horred, can I manually add those fields for the errors I'm getting? And if I do, are there any other places in any tables I need to set as primary?

I swear I made that one little change, and everything seems to work.

Bah, I thikn I spoke too soon, still making a char, but looking at logs, I see things like this:

! Bad syntax (EXEC): "INSERT INTO feat (ReqSkillMinRanks, RowNo) VALUES ('****', '173')" (Unknown column 'ReqSkillMinRanks' in 'field list')
! Bad syntax (EXEC): "SELECT ReqSkillMinRanks FROM feat WHERE RowNo='173'" (Unknown column 'ReqSkillMinRanks' in 'field list')

*cry*

AH HA, I think I've figured it out, but I don't know if this can be done...
checking the tables, I find the tables ARE there, but nothing can be inserted into them. Is there a way to make all the fields in the tables primary? Would that hurt anything? It seems when I make something primary, the error goes away.

And if not, can it be made so primary keys aren't needed? I know squat about databases, just throwing it out there.

EDIT: MOre oddness. It seems it works fine when using your quick PRC table maker mod, I am getting no errors. Makes me wonder if there's a switch somewhere in the main mod to make this work.

Edited by Gorgotham, 04 March 2005 - 06:50 PM.

#68 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 06:56 PM

Glad to hear it. Don't worry about those errors--they are for the cpv_vendors (player merchants), which aren't even implemented as of yet. They will be soon, but not for now...

I'm fixing the problems with these tables right now. I'll upload a version 5 tomorrow. For this time, you may need to delete the cmd_ and cpv_misc tables manually (not the cnr_misc table, it's pretty important to leave there, if you started crafting--you'll lose your trade XP.) For those who don't want to reinstall this database, for that reason--add a primary key to 'tag'and 'name' with MySQLCC. No, I'm not trying to confuse anybody on purpose. I quote from the (latest) read me:

IMPORTANT NOTE:  I am NOT a SQL expert. This mod was my first experience with MySQL.
      Lots of errors may/do exist, and it may take drastic measures to correct them
      in an existing database (minor things, for people who already know MySQL).
      PLEASE be FOREWARNED!!!! If this is a problem, choose a different module.

P.S: I don't know why things would work differently with the in-mod version and my mini mod quick-builder--the code comes from the exact same package (I mean, "exact"). The mini-mod just has less other things attached. I'll include a folder with it in version 5, to help people. AND A WARNING LABEL!!!

Use the mini-mod to build your prc convo tables. Forget the cmd and cpv errors for now. When version 5 is up for download--delete these two tables, and run the mod.

#69 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:30 PM

Glad my suggestion helped out! :)

Little bit of giving back for all the hard work done on this mod.

If anyone has mysql questions I'd be more than happy to try to answer them. I work with mysql quite frequently (I prefer postgres) and if I don't know something I should be able to find a resource to help out, either documents or mind power.

I'd also like to suggest a bug tracker for the mod, if you aren't using one Horred, and I offer to set one up and maintain it if you are interested. I have my own server and can put it on there. Reason for me suggesting this... me an my co-admin/dm have noticed the odd thing that doesn't work quite right, and we could and do go in and tweak them obviously, but it would probably be good for you to see what people have noticed and be able to put fixes in place for your Vault builds. As a programmer I know it's nice to have a prioritized list of bugs and features and be able to choose what to work on next. Just an offer, not bashing anything, love the mod! but there's always bugs when it comes to code, always.

Like to lend a helpin hand,

GrapeApe

Edited by GrapeApe, 04 March 2005 - 07:31 PM.

#70 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 09:02 PM

Glad my suggestion helped out!  :)

Little bit of giving back for all the hard work done on this mod.

If anyone has mysql questions I'd be more than happy to try to answer them.  I work with mysql quite frequently (I prefer postgres) and if I don't know something I should be able to find a resource to help out, either documents or mind power.

I'd also like to suggest a bug tracker for the mod, if you aren't using one Horred, and I offer to set one up and maintain it if you are interested.  I have my own server and can put it on there.  Reason for me suggesting this...  me an my co-admin/dm have noticed the odd thing that doesn't work quite right, and we could and do go in and tweak them obviously, but it would probably be good for you to see what people have noticed and be able to put fixes in place for your Vault builds.  As a programmer I know it's nice to have a prioritized list of bugs and features and be able to choose what to work on next.  Just an offer, not bashing anything, love the mod! but there's always bugs when it comes to code, always.

Like to lend a helpin hand,

GrapeApe

View Post

Thanks, GrapeApe--sounds like a good plan. I'm well aware of the imminence of bugs, from my years of programming. :wacko:

OTHER NEWS: Version 5 is ready; I'm going to test some things out--and if all goes well, upload it.

Here is the list of fixes:

Changes:

Version 5:
More fixes to Makaanor (Svirneblin settlement).

Fixes to inns (you won't get trapped on the second floor now). Also,
fixed fatigue level resetting (I hope).

Overhauled Sholo Inn general goods. Also, fixes to various other merchants.

Major fixes to cnr_misc, cmd_misc, and cpv_misc--thanks to all for
pointing them out! You will have to manually delete the old ones
(cmd_misc and cpv_misc), and run this mod. If you haven't done any crafting yet, do the same with cnr_misc--without worries. If you have crafted, record your trade XP first, and enter it in manually. Sorry for the mixup, but this IS a beta...

Added the cpv player merchants back into the mod. There are 5 total; each
is located in a major city.

Included the "prc database builder" mini-mod (mentioned above). I suggest
you use it, it's a real time saver. Follow the directions above.

Fixed the greater and supreme arrow shaft recipes. Follow directions above
for setting CnrBoolBuildDatabaseRecipes to 1, and ignore the long list of
errors in the odbc log. It's normal, trust me--it works. The errors only come through the first time you run it (it doesn't make sense to change the SQL coding in the mod--just DO IT! :devil: )

Cleaned up some of the UD mines. They won't be such a schmorgasborde--but they still have good pickins'!

Added the basic crafting resources to the Brosna region, so crafting there
won't be such a hassle.

Rest alterations: Set the default RESTBREAK from 8 hours to 6. Also, rest
will now heal 1 HP/level/Constitution modifer (never less than 1). So, a
14 constitution (+2 HP bonus modifier) would heal you 20 HP/resting. Inns
will heal triple this amount!

Many other minor fixes. Shadowguild door works now (don't quit the game
there--for some reason (???), you come back in Chausslin, Tetra's workshop!)
PC Emote Wand "Save and Exit" option doesn't have a trailing dialog now.
Removed the stolen tag from Lion Leather Armor. Some other even more minor fixes I can't recall.

#71 Gorgotham

Gorgotham
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:59 AM

Great Horred, thanks for the fast work!

I was able to create a character successfully. This means my DB is working yes?

Now, when I try to run version 5, the server loads, then hangs as soon as it says running, log in at will.

Trying to figure out why. Logs tell me everything is A-OK, no errors, only good things :)

Now if I can get the server to actually run, that would be great. Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks Horred for putting up with me :)

Edited by Gorgotham, 05 March 2005 - 08:49 AM.

#72 Elentan

Elentan
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 08:12 AM

Hi,

I´m running version 5 at the moment, and the only bad syntax messages I get in the log are from cnr_components saying the values are duplicated... So, if the database entries for cnr_components don´t need to be duplicated in the tables for any obscure (for me) reason, since all these values were introduced before the errors (they are exactly the same, the errors told me but I got sure about it watching the code a little), it´s safe now. I hope it works, I´ve not be able to play the module yet!!! :(

So, now RL matters call me, so I´m getting out from home some hours. How long can this database construction thing take? It´s neccesary to log into the game for creating the PRC convo tables, or anything else before playing the server finally?? I may not change the module for the mini-PRC db creator one, best not to touch this if I can help :P If it takes several hours is ok for me, I don´t plan to use my computer today, and also I´ve others in the network if neccesary.

So, as far as I can tell from what I´ve read, the only thing now is wating for the database to finish building, if I´m wrong, please, tell me.

Horred, I´m terribly sorry if you sensed I was trying to bitch you. I was angry, and maybe I should not have used something like wasting time even if quoting it for making it sound less harsh. You have made a incredible work here, and if you have been able to make the database thing function without a great experience in those matters, I can only praise you, myself a total noob in these things. So, please, accept my apologies, and try to understand that pleople like me, without experience in servers, can become very frustrated if they don´t understand what´s going on. And I thank you Horred for making this module, there too few PRC-CEP ones out there, I hope beetwen all of us here at the forums we can make it work for almost anybody, including myself :P

See you, people, and thanks for the help

Elentan

#73 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:07 AM

Hi,

I´m running version 5 at the moment, and the only bad syntax messages I get in the log are from cnr_components saying the values are duplicated... So, if the database entries for cnr_components don´t need to be duplicated in the tables for any obscure (for me) reason, since all these values were introduced before the errors (they are exactly the same, the errors told me but I got sure about it watching the code a little), it´s safe now. I hope it works, I´ve not be able to play the module yet!!! :(

So, now RL matters call me, so I´m getting out from home some hours. How long can this database construction thing take? It´s neccesary to log into the game for creating the PRC convo tables, or anything else before playing the server finally?? I may not change the module for the mini-PRC db creator one, best not to touch this if I can help :P If it takes several hours is ok for me, I don´t plan to use my computer today, and also I´ve others in the network if neccesary.

So, as far as I can tell from what I´ve read, the only thing now is wating for the database to finish building, if I´m wrong, please, tell me.

Horred, I´m terribly sorry if you sensed I was trying to bitch you. I was angry, and maybe I should not have used something like wasting time even if quoting it for making it sound less harsh. You have made a incredible work here, and if you have been able to make the database thing function without a great experience in those matters, I can only praise you, myself a total noob in these things. So, please, accept my apologies, and try to understand that pleople like me, without experience in servers, can become very frustrated if they don´t understand what´s going on. And I thank you Horred for making this module, there too few PRC-CEP ones out there, I hope beetwen all of us here at the forums we can make it work for almost anybody, including myself :P

See you, people, and thanks for the help

Elentan

View Post

Apology accepted. However, you'll actually have to be at your computer & make a pc to get the prc databases made. I still suggest using the DB Builder mod, it's a LOT quicker at it, and takes less system resources. My game crashed every time I tried with the real mod, I was using > 1.2GB of pagefile on top of my 512RAM!

Gorgothan--which proggie are you using to run the server? NWNX2? If NWN-MySQL.exe, I've had a lot of problems with it doing the same (disconnecting me for low CPU usage). I wrote Fast French over 3 weeks ago, and he still hasn't gotten back w/ me. Otherwise, hmmm....I know it runs on mine okay. Difficult to speculate w/o more info.

#74 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:09 AM

Nice work with Version 5 Horred, i've got it running and all the recipes are present...

I was able to create a character successfully. This means my DB is working yes?

Now, when I try to run version 5, the server loads, then hangs as soon as it says running, log in at will.

View Post

When you say it hangs.... Have you used MySQLCC and checked that the databases, because they can take a while to create. I Before I installed version 5 I removed the databases Horred suggested I remove in the readme file.

udoh

#75 Gorgotham

Gorgotham
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:42 AM

Yeah, never mind. Stupid me. Ther mod was just making everything. The server is up and running fine.

I just get scared when I see errors about the PRC tables, but then they are created anyway, so I'm ignoring those, since i've made 3 characters and they are all there, and in the place I logged out.

I think I'm officially done, and have it running.

Horred, a player tried using "darkness" to see what it did in their underdark city and everything went hostile on them, when she respawned from nexus they were still hostile and she's caught in a death loop, respawn, attacked, respawn, attacked. Is this a bug?

or is there something she needs to do to reset it?

*sigh* Looks like I need to make the newbie store plot. One of my players just killed her. Does she respawn?

I tell ya, I got a wild bunch here.

Edited by Gorgotham, 05 March 2005 - 02:19 PM.

#76 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, never mind. Stupid me. Ther mod was just making everything. The server is up and running fine.

I just get scared when I see errors about the PRC tables, but then they are created anyway, so I'm ignoring those, since i've made 3 characters and they are all there, and in the place I logged out.

Horred, a player tried using "darkness" to see what it did in their underdark city and everything went hostile on them, when she respawned from nexus they were still hostile and she's caught in a death loop, respawn, attacked, respawn, attacked. Is this a bug?

*sigh* Looks like I need to make the newbie store plot. One of my players just killed her. Does she respawn?

View Post

sounds like the player broke their faction... that lasts til next server reset or you fix their reputation with said faction via dm console/wand, and as for the newbie store if horred didnt make it an encounter NPC then it wont respawn without the DM respawning it from the pallette if its in there.

#77 horred the plague

horred the plague

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 01:48 AM

View Post

Just reset the server when funky stufff starts happening--your XP, place in game, even current HP is stored persistent--but the factions will reset, the chopped-up people return, etc.

Yes, darkness is a hostile action--default from the PRC package. Don't use it on your own people. ;)

#78 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 06 March 2005 - 12:38 PM

yes , tho a little word of advice is this make important NPC's plot, or encounter based so that way you dont have to worry bout them being killed because they will either be invulnerable or respawn :D

#79 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:01 PM

yes , tho a little word of advice is this make important NPC's plot, or encounter based so that way you dont have to worry bout them being killed because they will either be invulnerable or respawn :D

View Post

Or not, it is a persistent world, and therefore player actions may "permanently" alter the world. DMs have the ability to adjust these things.

#80 -Guest_Leutian_*-

-Guest_Leutian_*-

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:27 AM

View Post

Or not, it is a persistent world, and therefore player actions may "permanently" alter the world. DMs have the ability to adjust these things.

View Post

its all up to the DM's , tho one would think important NPC"s that are merchants or quest related you would respawn, or set to plot , so you dont have to go around respawning them all the time, also i run my own PW and this is basicly how i do things with important NPC's , i either set them to plot or set them up as encounter NPC"s , if such "changes" as you say are "permanent " as per the wishes of the staff one would hope they are running an event of sometime because you will find most players will complain about not being able to access certain NPC's they know they should have access to normally.