Photo

Corrupted Harbor District...Big Trouble

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arclogo

arclogo
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:30 PM

Game worked all fine except for minor bugs and occassional crashes, but now I cannot get along with it because I cannot access Dock (Harbor) District from any location in Amn......it just seems the map doesn't load properly(corrpted?).

I followed the standard installation order and got the following components in my BG folder:

BP-BGT compulsory components (TDD,Soubar,NEJ, TS etc.), all patched to most recent version;

BG1 NPC;

Bonehill;

DSotSC;

CtB (v150);

DruidicSorcerer;

Ease of Use (Partial);

Item upgrade

I guess it could be a problem caused by CtB, but just have no clue to that thought. Any help on that?

I do have a backup of game inventory before installing CtB, but I am not certain which files to restore and whether or not this restoration will affect the modified gameplot (if there is any related in this area).

ps: I've read in CtB forum that v148 of CtB could cause game crash upon entering Bridge District, but I have v150 installed and Bridge District worked all fine, but Dock District just got me down......

Edited by arclogo, 24 February 2005 - 04:46 PM.

#2 bpfan

bpfan
  • 167 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 05:32 PM

I had the same issue, with a similar installation, a few months ago. I think the concensus was that there was a CtB incompatibility (I had them at other places, too). I don't know if the precise problem, or a solution, was ever found.

#3 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:20 PM

I had the same issue, with a similar installation, a few months ago.  I think the concensus was that there was a CtB incompatibility (I had them at other places, too).  I don't know if the precise problem, or a solution, was ever found.

View Post

Fix detailed here.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#4 arclogo

arclogo
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 07:37 AM

Thanks Ascension64, I got things straight by deleting AR0300.ARE and creating the added character. Dock runs all fine now.