• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:07 AM

From http://www.shsforums...showtopic=14054

The Bigg:

MTP should work, LSB I don't know (never got to play it). At a first glance, though, I think they should work.

Unfortunately, BP adds so much stuff to the baldur.bcs that you may find that some scripts aren't working properly. That is the fault of the engine, and there is little I can do.

Mmm, why baldur.bcs can interfere with\block some scripts from LSB or MTP? BP baldur.bcs it's not well code enough towards compatibility?

Anyway, if this help, i can remove antipaladin reputation entries from it, since TDD kits are not necessary at all, and i need\want Refinements too.
Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#2 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 08:51 AM

BP is coded towards compatibility if installed first, however in my experience it appears that, in a long script, the last blocks aren't processed in a timely fashion by the engine. Sometimes it takes hours of game-play for a specific block to kick in - and the effects aren't good, in MtP the kit-changing code won't kick in, and a lot of other stuff...
I'll try to rework a bit in next version, though....

For LSP, in the readme there are instructions on how to trigger it without waiting for the script :)

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#3 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:23 PM

BP is coded towards compatibility if installed first, however in my experience it appears that, in a long script, the last blocks aren't processed in a timely fashion by the engine. Sometimes it takes hours of game-play for a specific block to kick in - and the effects aren't good, in MtP the kit-changing code won't kick in, and a lot of other stuff...
I'll try to rework a bit in next version, though....

For LSP, in the readme there are instructions on how to trigger it without waiting for the script  :)

View Post

If you wanted to make a BP-Specific compatability of BALDUR.BCS, I suggest a REPLACE_BLOCK (somewhere in the middle, before all those ungodly SoS item checks)--rather than an EXTEND_BOTTOM. Just add the block you're replacing to the top of your code, and you're all set. Stock Bioware code works great for this purpose--it should always be there, when you need it. ;)