Photo

NWNX2 & NWN-FF

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 04:05 AM

How do I combine these two needed Packages?

Tried the following:
1. Launched NWN-FF
2. NWN-FF launches the Server via NWNX2 (not via NWServer.EXE) - no Prob so far, the Mod is running
3. BUT(!!) NWN-FF doesn´t recognize an active player and any Mod-Activity. So the Mod is restarted after 10 minutes (as statet in the INI-File)

Where is the error?

#2 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 06:45 AM

First: NO, I do not have the upcoming Version of Nordock. I tried to set up the previous Version from the Vault. Just wanted to prepare the server with NWNX2 etc. :P

Second: Found a ReadMe / Instructions in the NEW Players-HAK-File from the Vault.

Third: Seems, that I have to wait for the release of the real Mod to get more Infos about Setting Up the Server :whistling:

#3 Tiggerlicker

Tiggerlicker
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 03:35 PM

I've been working on a basic install walkthrough for NWN 1.65 server + MySQL + NWN-FF (using PR-Nordock as my model until I get my hands on the new release :D then I'll add in the appropriate parts relevent to the new module) that hopefully I'll have in a usable form for other server admins to use for their setups. No use for all of us to reinvent the wheel and have to figure this stuff out on our own when people have already done it before :D

A still-under-construction version is at:
http://arcanummagika.us/NWN/start.html

#4 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:42 AM

I've been working on a basic install walkthrough for NWN 1.65 server + MySQL + NWN-FF (using PR-Nordock as my model until I get my hands on the new release :D then I'll add in the appropriate parts relevent to the new module) that hopefully I'll have in a usable form for other server admins to use for their setups.  No use for all of us to reinvent the wheel and have to figure this stuff out on our own when people have already done it before :D

View Post

Great Job Tiggerlicker!!!!

Thanx for sharing your knowledge & experience!!!! :thumb:

#5 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:09 AM

I've been working on a basic install walkthrough for NWN 1.65 server + MySQL + NWN-FF (using PR-Nordock as my model until I get my hands on the new release :D then I'll add in the appropriate parts relevent to the new module) that hopefully I'll have in a usable form for other server admins to use for their setups.  No use for all of us to reinvent the wheel and have to figure this stuff out on our own when people have already done it before :D

View Post

Excellent work Tiggerlicker. That will be a really good help when the MOD comes out. Any chance of a downloadable version?

udoh :)

#6 Tiggerlicker

Tiggerlicker
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:02 AM

Excellent work Tiggerlicker. That will be a really good help when the MOD comes out. Any chance of a downloadable version?

udoh :)

Once it is final and I know working with the new module I plan to have the online version (which I'll try to keep updated) and I'll post a PDF version for offline use :D

#7 Babba GNush

Babba GNush
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 03:02 PM

I am new to hosting a server and am using Linux... any chance that anyone knows how to get all these goodies installed for Linux???

#8 Tiggerlicker

Tiggerlicker
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 05:15 PM

I finally got v5 to work without any problems (or at least none that cause any gameplay issues) I plan on updating my guide with what I did tomorrow :D

#9 GrapeApe

GrapeApe
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:54 PM

I did up a linux guide too:

http://nwn.brytesun....wtopic.php?t=43

Let me know if it does/doesn't work, or if you notice any problems.

GrapeApe

#10 Tiggerlicker

Tiggerlicker
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 06:04 AM

My guide is updated...hopefully it makes sense. It is what I did to get the module to work...I don't think I missed any steps :) I ran through it after I did the final instructions on a clean unit and was able to set up a second server without any problem.

#11 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:05 AM

My guide is updated...hopefully it makes sense.  It is what I did to get the module to work...I don't think I missed any steps :)  I ran through it after I did the final instructions on a clean unit and was able to set up a second server without any problem.

View Post

Nice work, Tiggerlicker. Maybe I could add this (and Gr@peApe's linux guide) into the next release of the mod?

#12 qeylIS [Kahless]

qeylIS [Kahless]
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 07:50 AM

My guide is updated...hopefully it makes sense.  It is what I did to get the module to work...I don't think I missed any steps :)  I ran through it after I did the final instructions on a clean unit and was able to set up a second server without any problem.

View Post

Great work!!!!!!

I used your guide to set up our Server and it was a very great help!!! :)

#13 Tiggerlicker

Tiggerlicker
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:18 AM

Horred...I'd say hold off adding it to the next mod...I am planning on making it into a PDF format and there may be some changes :)

(edited for speling...today hasn't been a good-spell-day for me)

Edited by Tiggerlicker, 07 March 2005 - 11:38 AM.