• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:54 AM

Well, never one to wait around, I've been busy at work--improving this fine mod. Thought I'd share the goodies with the class, since for the first time EVAR in my modding days I've actually documented the progress between versions! :o
(BP fans, don't fall over and faint, it's for real :P )

Changes:

Version 4:

Added alchemy tables to deep gnome and elf workshops (oops!)

More deep gnome citizens, and much better door guards.

Added more canteens, and canteen types (see above).

Added clay, sand, salt, fire beetles, skeletons, and mushrooms to the Brosna region
(these are the basic ingredients for making oils and acids, molds, glass
vials, etc etc)

Finished conversion from Bioware database to MySQL (many quests, and other systems,
still used "Campaign Database".) Only remaining Bioware database items are
kittrell's persistent banks, and the PC drop bags (if you choose to use the lootsystem,
it is off by default). This involved one file being changed in the hak pak as well
(nw_c2_default7)--but this won't affect player hak sets; they'll work fine as-is. ;)

Scrolls used in making "scroll gems" for infusing are available throughout the world,
(at least one source for every racial faction, hopefully)

More goodies in various stores (still adding more as I go)

Major fixes to the wandering monster system (no more blank messages, no "bunching up"
when transitioning areas).

Added support so all races can get to (and back from) Mulrok Island, safely.
Those races hostile to the surface world should talk to the drow priestess; all
others should use the boat. I'll be adding more to Mulrok Island in the future, to
make it a more worthwhile trip. ;)

Fixed the West Benzor Slums rogue quest (warning: don't go in there if you're not a
rogue-type, they won't like you much). Quest works, and you can get the Shadowsong key
from Calahan the bard when finished.

Fixed the BBS Bulletin boards; the tables Frang provided were messed up; ff_buildtable.ncs
will now build the tables for you. (Hopefully I got it right; MySQL is still new to me) I set it up so even if you have the mod installed already, it will take care of business.

Removed Trap Crafting from the CEP crafting convo. Bioware recipes were pretty lame, to put
it nicely. Added Epic traps to the tinker's toolbox, so all bases are covered.
*REMEMBER* If you already have your databases set up, you'll have to edit your "cnr_misc"
SQL table (I use MySQLControlCenter, works great). Change CnrBoolBuildRecipeDatabase
value from 0 to 1, and reload the module--that's it!

Set it up so that Skills and Feats such as Craft Armor, Brew Potions, etc play a role in the
success chances of CNR crafting.

Figured out how to include CEP weaponry in such calculations as KeenEdge and Flame Weapon spells
(maybe I should tell CEP how to do this! :lol:). This also involves a hakpak addition,
for admins only (hey, while I'm at it.... ;) )

The minute I see Version3 on the vault, I'm going to upload version 4. I'd do it now, but that might confuse them even more than I have already. Let's wait to see "something" first, eh? :D

#2 udoh

udoh
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:47 AM

Now I want your MOD even more.. hehehe

udoh

#3 Tiggerlicker

Tiggerlicker
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 10:03 AM

Excellent! Keeps getting better and better :D