Photo

Darth Nihilus (spoilers!)

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Lothar

Lothar
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:59 PM

What you think of the "cry baby" Darth Nihilous? oh man, before the game was released a have nightmares just lookin to that mask, but when the time comes, i kicked his a** SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easily, that this time, the second time i am playing the game, i will remove the other party members for a more chalenging oponent...

What do you think? Nihilous is or is not a wasted great evil potential????

#2 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:02 PM

Wasted potential, of course. Hyped up before the game, and a bit pointless in it... Sad, really. :(

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#3 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 05:01 PM

wasted potential definitely. He's pretty cool for a bad guy I think but underdeveloped.

In the official forum, someone once said that if you play Nihilus's audio backwards, what he said actually make sense.

#4 Lothar

Lothar
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 06:58 PM

In the official forum, someone once said that if you play Nihilus's audio backwards, what he said actually make sense.

View Post

yeah, i heard it in some other place... but dont try it yet...

...uh, just wondering, can we take his mask? i dont try to get it, but can we wear it? ( i dont think so, just... nevermind...) :whistling: :unsure:

#5 Radwen

Radwen
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:10 PM

You can possess his mask .. but you can't wear it. It actually gives you force points ^^.

As a jedi guardian I found the only challenging foe was lord Sion. But as a Sith lord .. every important char were wasted in seconds ..
Nihilus was the easiest by far .. I guess they weren't expecting the players to do most quests before getting to him or something ..
Posted Image

I rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
- Emilio Zapata

I am the cabbage man.
- Myself

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 05:14 AM

The game was released too early, that is the reason why it has some major jar jar binks errors... :wacko:

#7 Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai

Jack of all trades, master of none

• 68 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:37 AM

thumbs up. the difficulty in the game sucks big time and Nihilus was something I cleansed in a couple of minutes. a friend of mine came one day to ask if the game was easy. I reloaded in my Darth Traya battle and showed him what I could do to her... too easy. not develloped too much.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:57 PM

Can you explain this stuff about weakening him? I mean when he tried to drain me and nearly fell unconcious. I suppose his drain was a very powerful version and an enormous waste of mana when used on a single guy but that doesn't explain how I survived this. :ermm:

Any chance for "Improved Nihilus" Mod ?

#9 CaenJade

CaenJade
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:45 AM

For all those looking to make things harder, look here for an improvement for the difficulty settings

http://www.pcgamemods.com/10900/

It works just like BG IWD, in that enemies stats/resistances are improved based on difficulty level. Unfortunately damage is not improved by itself, like +50% damage or anything, it's just improved by the stat bonuses.

While not perfect it does help a little.

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 13 March 2005 - 01:21 PM

Should help.

I hope someone makes a mod for him though. He would certainly use some "big bad boss" tricks like kill or force wave. :devil:

#11 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:46 AM

Can you explain this stuff about weakening him?  I mean when he tried to drain me and nearly fell unconcious. I suppose his drain was a very powerful version and an enormous waste of mana when used on a single guy but that doesn't explain how I survived this. :ermm:

Any chance for "Improved Nihilus" Mod ?

View Post

From what I gathered from the obsidient forums, Nihilus and the exile are believed to be similar in that they both sucked force from others. Nihilus does so on a major scale. Because he and the exile are both wounds in the force, Nihilus is unable to drain from the exile.

His drain is powerful because his hunger is great. Whoops. I sounded like Visas for a second. Anyhow, he not only need to force drain, he actually life drains as well, something the exile don't do. Exile only force drains unconsciously.

Did that answer your question? :ermm:

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:49 AM

Thank you.

So , the masters were right?I am doomed to become a planet eating freak just like him? Or is there a way to heal it?

(.... I said "I". Must have been playing too much...)

#13 Child

Child

The new day is a great big fish.

• 233 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:23 AM

Thank you.

So , the masters were right?I am doomed to become a planet eating freak just like him? Or is there a way to heal it?

View Post

Darth Nihilus. Um. My latin isnt that good cozits ages since ive done it, but isnt that Darth Nothing??? LOL....coz in that case maybe its a subtle in-joke? (or a not-so-subtle injoke?)
-C

Dovienya se sagain tovya

Sene sovya caba'donde ain dovienya

#14 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 02:44 AM

Not just Darth Nihilous, Darth Sion was also soooo easy.
The most funny thing is when your whooping his ass and Visas starts to whine how powerfull he is.
I took Darth Sion down in 2-3 hits
After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#15 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 05:49 AM

Thank you.

View Post

From what I gathered, the Exile is different from Nihilus. The Exile's power can be as powerful as Nihilus but Exile only does Force drain. He doesn't drain life like Nihilus does.

As for healing it, I'm not sure. In M5, the thousands of deaths echoed in the Exile, creating echos in the Force. And the Exile survived by shutting himself off the force but that didn't heal it too.

#16 -Tengu-

-Tengu-

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:31 AM

I took Darth Sion down in 2-3 hits

He definitely needs a boost.

and some more powers.

and some lightsaber upgrades.

Since he has a vacuum inside that he has to fill with other peoples' lives, the name Nihilus fits rather nicely.

#17 Sol

Sol
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:38 AM

I thought the whole game was a waste of potential.

The storyline was good, and didn't give it away in the middle of the game like KOTOR1, but the battles were frankly pathetic. Nihilus is actually a pretty cool and scary character, with a cool voice, but he's a pansy in battle. Why didn't they give him some kind of special power to spice things up?
I didn't even die once in the whole game, think that says enough.

#18 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:42 AM

Could someone check what stats/ equipment/ powers he has at the moment?

#19 beau

beau
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:25 PM

the first time i played the game nihilus was hard but when i whent to the dark side he was to easy. or i think the one of a kind jewl u get on onderon in the izis cantina that powerd my lightsaber to 10-21. sion was a sweat kraya was two drops of sweat nihilus was nothin. he was the hair on my u know what. :devil:

#20 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:19 AM

Could someone check what stats/ equipment/ powers  he has at the moment?

View Post

Lets see, this is according to my Kotor 2 Tool,

Race: Human
Equipment: Lightsaber (g_w_lghtsbr02)

STR 12
DEX 14
CON 10
INT 15
WIS 15
CHA 20

114 Base hit points
20 Awareness

Feats:

Advanced Jedi Defense
Critical Strike
Power Attack
Weapon Focus: Lightsaber
Weapon Specialization: Lightsaber
Jedi Defense
Proficiency All

Level 20 Jedi Guardian, 20 on the good-evil scale

Force:

Advanced Throw Lightsaber
Affect Mind
Burst of Speed
Choke
Death Field
Destroy Droid
Dominate Mind
Force Armor
Force Breach
Force Push
Force Whirlwind
Improved Heal
Kill
Knight Valor
Force Lightning
Master Speed
Improved Energy Resistance
Throw Lightsaber

The problem is that the stats are just basic and change everytime while you are playing, because he keeps scaling and adepting when you gain more levels

Edited by Pain Elemental, 19 April 2005 - 08:21 AM.

After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.