Photo

what you expect to se in the third game?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Lothar

Lothar
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:52 PM

Well, i think that may be billions of forums with the same question, but... lets dream...

I think that Obsidian is trying to make something like the original trilogy, where in the ESB the things only get worse, and keep you waiting for the next chapter in the saga, but, with the kotor, things gone more like matrix reloaded... they only forgot to put "to be continued..." in the end...

I also heard of a new engine for the game, :) i hope to spend many nights in front of my pc!!!

Ah! it will be great if the player can choose its race also, i tired of humans... i want to be a Kel Dor, or a Cathar!!!!

:shifty:

#2 Radwen

Radwen
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 08:06 PM

I hate KOTOR .. evertime a new one comes out my life stops for a week or two. Then when I have to catch up with everything I got late on .. my life becomes hell.

So .. I want KOTOR 3 to be even longer :). 70-100 hours of gameplay should be enough to set me back so far in my studies that I won't have to worry about passing me classes since i'll automaticly fail them all :D .

Yeah I would say more gameplay .. more foes, more challenge. Skills and powers that only certain monsters can have just to make your life miserable.

Except beeing bug free and what I said earlier .. I can't ask for more than what they did with kotor 2.
Posted Image

I rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
- Emilio Zapata

I am the cabbage man.
- Myself

#3 Drugar

Drugar
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:47 AM

An actual ending would be nice.
More HK-47, possibly leading the HK-50's and HK-51's.
More Mandolorian depth. Where did they come from? Are they only human under that armour? What happened to their homeworlds after their defeat? What is their culture like (aside from the combat part...which prolly isn't much :P)?
A main character without a messed up past.
The same quality in NPC depth, development and options.

#4 Wiskas

Wiskas

SeeD battle mage

• 123 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:20 AM

It would be nice if highest difficulty was really difficult, something like BGII on Insane.
Stars are out.. the magic is back

Estuans interius
ira vehementi
Sephiroth

#5 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 12:42 PM

It would be nice if highest difficulty was really difficult, something like BGII on Insane.

View Post

huge battles like the star forge...a lot of them near the end or even beginning of the game...more like the stormtroopers invading the hawk... :)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#6 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 05:18 PM

Yes, higher difficulty, longer playtime, and a better + more conclusive ending. More romances, come on. at least resembles that of a romance.

Player choose race, well, not that important to me, since I will still play a human. Not like there's going to be elves in there. :blink:

More party interactions. More romance choices for PC gender.

Better grammar, punctuation and spelling in dialog scripts. I do want to improve my english when playing KOTOR.

#7 -lorn-

-lorn-

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:06 AM

i hope that the storyline revolves around the exile and revan , this time cause its intresting how they ended the game the way they did in kotor 2, because that just say flat out hello kotor 3

but what i want most of all is being able to pick up my charecter from kotor 2 with what she had and play the game with out the dialog saying what they think what happen like they did in kotor 2

because if i cant use my curent charecter from kotor 2 , when playing kotor 3, then that would suck like in kotor 2

that being said,

cause there are many ways to play kotor 2, but it would be cool if you play kotor 3 starting out as your same charecter with name stats, level, ect and story line finished from kotor 2 ,,going in to kotor 3, and then play the game out that way

it would make a better storyline

fix bugs,.

make a multiplayer server for people who play kotor 1,2,3

so you can meet ,or play against them ,or play it like a mmorpg

then we would have a game

star wars galixes ,i know , i know, but would it not be cool to play a kotor mmorpg?

#8 -Guest_jedimaster_*-

-Guest_jedimaster_*-

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:34 AM

Almost finished with kotor2, that was one hell of a ride:D:D!!!!!!!

Such an amazing game, not really noticed the bugs often because I got so in to it.

As for what I found disapointing was that you didn't hear your character accually talk and because I didn't play the first game I was accually a little dissapointed about the fighting system in the beginning, but never the less it was stil a great game and I stil enjoy it and cant wait to fight out how it is when you are dark:p

as for the wish list

1.Hear your character speak

2.Lots and lots of more fighting battles and a lot more different moves

3.even more planets to go to and an even more intense story line

4.more choice of how to create your character

#9 -Guest_jedimaster_*-

-Guest_jedimaster_*-

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:35 AM

Almost finished with kotor2, that was one hell of a ride:D:D!!!!!!!

Such an amazing game, not really noticed the bugs often because I got so in to it.

As for what I found disapointing was that you didn't hear your character accually speak and because I didn't play the first game I was accually a little dissapointed about the fighting system in the beginning, but never the less it was stil a great game and I stil enjoy it and cant wait to fight out how it is when you are dark:p

as for the wish list

1.Hear your character speak

2.Lots and lots of more fighting battles and a lot more different moves

3.even more planets to go to and an even more intense story line

4.more choice of how to create your character

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 March 2005 - 12:43 PM

Yeah I also finished the game (dark-side ofcourse)!! Little disappointed.. but the rest of the game was nice, although they should make you choose more paths. I know it sounds unbelievable but why do you have the same ending if you choose the light side... The story should have more twists and turns based on your decisions. And well.. Damm please give revan boobs:P Cause based on kotor 2 I have no idea what gender she/he is. maybe a transexual?:P one character speaks of he.. and the other tells you that HE is a SHE.. and please more planets!!! and more special force powers when totally light sided or dark sided. More Jedi to kill and yeah.. the elf said it. more romance. more races, faces, crystals (since i've got them all). I mean there should be like side paths, tombs of acient sith lords. Grave's of jedi uhm.. pussys to visite. and it would be nice if they made it more of a game like star wars Galaxies.. galaxies sux more because it takes weeks of playing before you get to be jedi or sith.. greedy folks there who sell holocrons for 100,000.. darn.. please let them hurry at obsidian and lucasarts. WE NEED KOTOR 3

#11 -Heksefatter-

-Heksefatter-

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:44 AM

I am hoping for something in the way of playing Revan again, perhaps as the leader of group containing the Exile. Or perhaps there could be TWO main character, Revan AND the Exile.

I hope they fix Revan's gender problems. I think that I, personally, would turn to the dark side too, if there was so much uncertainty regarding MY gender.

I hope they will fix more loose ends. The G0-T0 vs. Bao-Dur's little-annoying-flying-ball intrigue was completely messed up.

I hope you will have fewer decision made for you. For example in Kotor 2, your character follows Mira into her hide-out without you agreeing to it. "No way in Hell", I would have said. I would never have followed anyone in those circumstanses; if Mira wanted to talk to me, she could do it on board the Ebon Hawk, or get lost! Mira annoyed me another way, she constantly babbled about me being her bounty, even after she joined my group. I wished I could have said something to the effect: "Since you feel that way and that I really don't need you at all - get lost!"

Romance options would be a good idea. Revan had Bastila (if male) or Carth/Juhani (if female). The exile could do Handmaiden or Mira (if male) and Atton/the Disciple (if female), but none of these romances develop very much, so there really is no choice, there. Give the player some choice - that would be good.

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 15 March 2005 - 06:37 AM

Definitely the ability to play as both Revan AND the Exile would be top of my list. I'd rather they worked together than say play through the game twice as either one, but I suppose the latter would be better than nothing.
I just don't want to lose another character because I have to make another one... I became very attached to both of my KotOR characters, and not being able to continue their stories would tear me in two.
...Or possibly cause me to tear other people in two, depending on how homicidal I'm feeling.

No bugs! For the love of God, I could have killed people when they'd switch from calling Revan male to female in the same bloody conversation. The Master Heal bug was fun though...heh heh...

A proper ending is a must. I felt empty at the end of KotOR 2...

They should keep the influence system, but give more incentive to alter alignments. I haven't tried it yet myself, but I heard that warping generally Light side characters to be Dark doesn't actually change their personality, which seems pointless.

Definitely more romances would be nice. More character interaction, too. Loves that, I does.

Fewer droids, I think. I love HK and T3 had way more of a personality in KotOR2, but they often have very little backstory and interaction with other characters and stuff. If there's gonna be lots of droids, they've really got to have vibrant personalities like HK... And being able to customise their personalities would be awesome. The pacifism upgrade for HK was amusing, but things like that which are *permanent* would be brilliant. Argument being: If I'm an advocate of good and the Light side, why would I keep an assassin droid who thinks killing people is perfectly acceptable? I wouldn't, unless I could "redeem" him.

Was it me, or was Bao-Dur the most uninteractive character EVER? I tried talking to him constantly, thinking I had a war buddy who I could talk out all my emotional scarring with, but he simply wasn't interested. Do I have to be a droid to get conversation out of this guy or what?
Maybe it was something to do with the way I was playing and I missed out on mega convos with him but, if not, KotOR had the same problem with Zaalbar. All he had was his quest... and that was it. There's so little point in having a character who quite clearly had interesting backstory but won't ever share it with you.
So, yeah, for KotOR3, no barren characters!

More lying. I was much more pleased with the opportunities I got to lie in KotOR2, but there should be even more in KotOR3. I'm sick of having to play a homicidal moron in order to be evil. My Dark side characters are subtle and cunning, and being so makes actually being evil incredibly difficult.

On a similar vein: more opportunities to use Force Persuade, even if it doesn't work. The start of KotOR2 was particularly notorious for bringing up situations where Force Persuade would have been brilliant, but you don't have the option of using it (first example that pops to mind is getting inside the Exchange base on Telos. Why not just Force Persuade the door guard instead of getting inolved in messy Exchange infighting?)

I agree that there needs to be a difficulty setting. KotOR2's boss characters were pitiful.
[SPOILER:]

As a Jedi Sentinel/Watchman I managed to cut Nihilus down to half health in about five seconds. After all the harping on about how awesome his power was and how I couldn't possibly stand against him, it really was pathetic. I understand the possible plot reasons for why his power wasn't so 00bur against me, but you'd think a big bad Sith Lord would be a whiz at Lightsaber combat, and he wasn't.

[/SPOILER]

And I too wouldn't mind some voices. Though it was minute, I was quite satisfied by the voices produced in KotOR (i.e the little selection recognition lines your character says when you switch to him/her), but the silence in KotOR2 was horrible. I got over it soon enough, it being a minor niggle, but it would be nice if my character wasn't mute (unless I intend her to be!).

Oh, better looking Jedi robes. This might just be me, but I was really not keen on the majority of robes provided in KotOR2. I much preferred the 'robes' of KotOR, which were often not robes at all, but looked much cooler. The Jedi armour (can't remember what the two sets were called... Jal Shey and Zal sha or something like that?) looked awesome, though. Maybe it'd be nice if, like in NwN (at least in Shadows/Hordes), you could customise the appearance of your armour.

Finally (yes, I will shut up), more lightsaber colours! Silver and orange were really nice... but... viridian? What on <insert Star Wars reference here> were they thinking?? In terms of all new lightsaber designs, an anti-lightsaber might be interesting (because, as I keep trying to explain to my younger brother, a black lightsaber is technically impossible, though incredibly kool looking).

I could probably go on forever, but I've got places to go, evil to kill, yadda yadda.

P.S. Would they have Swoopbiking in the unknown regiony places? (guessing not due to the OMINOUS EVIL! thing they've got going on) 'Cause I love swoopbike racing... Creating a character who would never divulge in such a sport, as I did in KotOR2, was very, very stupid of me.

#13 CaenJade

CaenJade
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:17 AM

Deeper Romances THAT ADD SOMETHING TO THE ENDING, a scene or something, but we need something. There were scenes planned for KotoR 2 but they were cut and are still in the code. WHY WERE THEY CUT. KotoR 1's ending would have been much better if you had something with Bastila/Carth/Juhani

#14 -Sir Fry-

-Sir Fry-

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:34 PM

Are you all just drooling idiots?
And the homophobia is just... scary.

#15 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 07:51 PM

where did that come from?

#16 Tom

Tom

moT

• 1403 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:29 PM

More involved combat, sort of a combination of Jedi Knight and the current sytem.
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.

#17 PolarBear

PolarBear
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 03:52 PM

A better (and probably more complex) rulesystem. That's all I ask.

#18 PolarBear

PolarBear
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:37 PM

Oh, and BG style party management and combat ;)

#19 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:08 AM

I want some better looking masks!!!! please, something that makes U look a little more intimidating when U take the dark side path... maybe some masks that actually go with some of the armors U can epuip.

#20 -Aristothenes-

-Aristothenes-

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:42 AM

Eh. Large scale battles? Don't think the engine can handle it (But the rendered cutscenes can)
More Henchmen. Don't just give us ooh, we added 1 extra.
Give us 5(at a minimum)
Relevant dodge animations. Honestly, your character does a drunken dance in melee, whether or not he gets hit.
Add robes. That curl.
If you find an exploit that's cool (i.e. Mandalorian armour in KOTOR1, please script it in before shipping to give some more depth)
Don't know about the romance bit, haven't played to finish.
Better UI(Hell, every game needs this)
Make a graphically scalable engine, that doesn't slow down on a mid-range P4 2.xGHz machine with a Radeon 9x/Nvidia GeForceFX 5x graphic card, and speeds up on better specced systems (what happened to all that LOD scaling and mip-mapping L33T tech?)
Don't make an absolute port, upgrade the textures and add more A.I. scripts.
Give the masks some cool reflective effects during battle, i.e. eyes glow red when you do a critical.