Photo

what you expect to se in the third game?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 Dalis'ilhea

Dalis'ilhea

so, if I was to eat this I'd see the ghosts that haunted me?

• 737 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:36 AM

I think that it's going to be a sixology (pronounced ceesology)
I apparently have a high level of empathy, combined with a low level of sympathy... weird

In the wake of destruction progress is made

I am who I am, and none shall change me

#42 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 04:44 PM

Another point worth mentioning is whether you guys see this as a trilogy or more like, as many are saying, a Final Fantasy series. If it is a trilogy, it is crucial to wrap up the revan/exile storyline. If not, I wouldn't mind playing as a new character.

View Post

Definitely a trilogy as in related stories. The stories from K1 and k2 needs to be tied up. I'll be so mad if they didn't especially when I have to put up with the crappy ending for K2. They better have something to make up for that in K3 or I refuse to be a fan anymore.

I recalled LA saying that they have plans to make KOTOR six times.

Edited by Celestine, 07 April 2005 - 04:45 PM.

#43 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:38 AM

i think there ought to be some kind of enemy log where one could keep track of what was what, and information about it, etc...

#44 Scorch

Scorch
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 10:37 AM

that is ture, the ending sucked sooooo much...what is the point.

when i completed it the movie clip lasted about 2 seconds and i will never know what the hell happend to me.

on the first one, if you follow the path of the light side u became the savour of the republic, if u follow the path of the DS then you became the sith lord...simple

but KOTOR 2 didn't do this..

#45 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 07:01 AM

that is ture, the ending sucked sooooo much...what is the point.

when i completed it the movie clip lasted about 2 seconds and i will never know what the hell happend to me.

on the first one, if you follow the path of the light side u became the savour of the republic, if u follow the path of the DS then you became the sith lord...simple

but KOTOR 2 didn't do this..

View Post

I agree that the ending sucked for KotOR 2, but at least it was a gigantic relief that it didn't recycle that: "If you be evil you be sith lord, if you good you be Jedi"-thing. I so hate that, it's so cliché.

An ending that brings more conclusion would be nice though. Everything about KotOR 2 was made perfectly except the ending. In my book that is :P

And the ending could actually have been very good, if it hadn't been so short. I would just have liked to be told: This happens, you can expect this, and then I would have liked to see an ending movie longer than 2½ seconds.

Edited by Grunker, 15 April 2005 - 07:03 AM.

"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#46 -Mastachief709-

-Mastachief709-

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:18 PM

I hate KOTOR .. evertime a new one comes out my life stops for a week or two. Then when I have to catch up with everything I got late on .. my life becomes hell.

So .. I want KOTOR 3 to be even longer :). 70-100 hours of gameplay should be enough to set me back so far in my studies that I won't have to worry about passing me classes since i'll automaticly fail them all  :D .

Yeah I would say more gameplay .. more foes, more challenge. Skills and powers that only certain monsters can have just to make your life miserable.

Except beeing bug free and what I said earlier .. I can't ask for more than what they did with kotor 2.

View Post

they need hooded robes, wierd/new alien lightsabre hilts, awsome new character costomation(be like Star Wars galaxies and be able to be an "alien"). But don't change any of the battle shcmatics, those were the bset. but doesn't a guy ever get a chance to just run around spaw killing the weak little things that he has the right to do, i say some weaker monsters should have spawing zones for exp. harvesting

#47 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 12:24 AM

All monsters in K2 were weak... It was the easiest game ever...
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#48 -The True Mandalore-

-The True Mandalore-

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:12 AM

An actual ending would be nice.
More HK-47, possibly leading the HK-50's and HK-51's.
More Mandolorian depth. Where did they come from? Are they only human under that armour? What happened to their homeworlds after their defeat? What is their culture like (aside from the combat part...which prolly isn't much :P)?
A main character without a messed up past.
The same quality in NPC depth, development and options.

View Post

Ok, something has caught my eye, even thought this was very, very far behind the thread. I would consider myself knowledgeable in the Mandalorians, as well as one of my friends that do online RPs with. It's fun to be a Mandalorians, because alot of people are afraid of you. Anyways, before I become sidetracked more.

The Mandalorians hail from the planet Mandalore, originally. They are more or less human. More of humanoid. Through years of inbreeding, they can't feel the Force, although I have heard of a few special cases through second hand rumor. The worlds of Concord Dawn, Verrakkas, and Juanna are highly remarked world within the Mandalorian Empire. From interpretation of works, their Empire is hidden away somewhere in the Mayagil Sector. I could be wrong on this though since it's never really specified. Basically, their whole lives revolve around combat. They train there whole adolescent lives to become warriors, and those who fail or become to worn down to fight, become miners or farmers, or do something for the Mandalore. They live to serve their Empire, and make it great. There is no such thing as a lazy Mandalorian. They have clan based system. Many of them are from Mandalore, but such things as Ordo (Haven't figured out their world yet), or Mereel of Concorde Dawn. They have their own clans forces, then the governmental force, the forces of the Mandalorian Empire. The governmental forces are whom do the fighting outside of the Empire, while the clans protect it.

The reasoning behind their hatred for the Republic-they were originally Republic Colonists during the expansion of humanity. Their ship, the Mandalore, was sent off course due to NavComputer troubles. They blame the Republic for their hard lives, and they began to train to destroy it. Their actual true Empire was never touched by the Mandalore Wars.

#49 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:45 PM

Whoa.

- Yahtzee

#50 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:57 PM

i think they should make kotor 3 based like a prequel, at the times of the mandalorian wars. you could play as revan and lead against the jedi and defeat malak or something like that

#51 -Zaphael-

-Zaphael-

Posted 07 June 2005 - 03:26 AM

I liked Kotor2 better than the first game in terms of the improvements they made to it. THe forms, conversational influence according to ur characters's abilities and force powers. What I loved/hated was the combat animations.

Now, if u guys just hit pause everytime ur character makes a swing, u'd realise that they actually made quite an effort to make the combat look good. The animation looked good, in short. However, the reactions to ur character's swings are often not in sync, or in accordance to ur character's attack, vice versa, when the enemy attacks u, ur character often reacts using the most absurd blocks or moves that do not dodge the blow. *BUT the combat recognises as the blow being dodged or blocked*

2nd Gripe about the combat. Its too bloody static. Basically, what happens is, u see enemy, enemy sees u, u run towards each other, and stand in front of each other and swing away, occasionally twisting trying to dodge blows. Now, it really doesn't hurt to be more mobile, like occassionally doing a backflip while an enemy lunges, or stepping to the side and into a forward to score a critical hit to an enemy's back. And it doesnt hurt if they add in some special attacks for the different saber styles (like jedi academy), eg. The butterfly for the saberstaffers, or some spinng dual saber lunge. Obsidian can really research some kung fu films to get an idea on how ppl REALLY fight with weapons. These special stunts don't have to happen all the time, but at least give the players the option to FEEL really cool when fighting.

3rd Gripe. Whatever happened to using the force to fling a coke can at someone? Some interactive environments would really help. Like Force Push some object into the average next door sith assassin or Dark lord. Even have some really cool force battles so that the Jedi Masters or Sith Lords can look cool, instead of letting the guardian type characters steal whole the show.

Okay, I have to say this, but Kotor2's main plot was weak. And it was so because it literally gave away Kotor3. But the sub plots was pretty fun. Especially when u realise that even the big bad darth exile helped Onderon to overthrow the republic, he inadvertantly stabilised the planet and help it become stronger and untouched by war for a while. The force works in mysterious ways... even manipulating the darkest action, for good. Sounds a bit biblical eh?

Anyways, Perhaps it might NOT be a good idea to have Revan and Exile as player' characters but as NPC's instead. It would be cool to start out as padawan instead, going by the normal route. The new player character must then choose to be influenced by either a Neutral Revan, (i would think Revan was a bit swayed by the old man in Kotor1), or a Dark Exile. (Logically speaking, a Goody two shoe jedi exile would probably not have made his way to rendezvous with Revan, as being a finally enlightend patient jedi, he would seek to aid in reestablishing of the jedi council). And finally, because Powerful Jedi is pushing for neutrality, another powerful for dark, it would make being Light a personal choice for the player, allower the player to make radical decisions, that are "Light." Finally, being good can be cool... at last. Of course, allow the player to sway these 2 UberPowerfulJediMasters to the Light.

But i guess, Kotor 3 has to finally kill the gender issue. Simple, Make Revan male, and exile female. Of course, all of us players will be whining, "BUT I WAS A GIRL WHEN I FIRST PLAYED KOTOR!" The history of the plot isn't totally important, cos sure as hell, in kotor3, Revan or exile won't have any of the uberweapons and equiptment they got in the previous games, so why complain about the gender issue? Lets just enjoy the plot and carry on with the game.

Cut scenes and cinematics. It just doesnt cut it now.... I mean, 2 guys who don't see eye to eye, stand 20 ft apart, talk, then clashes, then backs off, talk and clashes again. Whatever happened to those obscenities and unpleasantries that can be uttered in a crucial saber lock? Or while the cut scene is showing some combat? Heck, u can even make these "action-animated" cutscenes conversational, like saying something that would Piss/please Darth Sion off in a saberlock, then it determines the
outcome of the cutscene. Is it impossible to do?

I believe Kotor3 has the potential to blur the line of adventure games, and really turn it into an adventure that would leave gamers talking for time to come. Just playing kotor and kotor2 has given and set for me so many standards that I would WANT in a game. And seriously speaking, it has set the bar for the games I purchase.

It has been a long post. But i've still got tons of ideas, and things that I hope to see in the next kotor. So thats all for now.

Oh... another thing... I WANNA SEE A WOOKIE JEDI!!

Jedi Knight, Zaphael

#52 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:16 AM

"3rd Gripe. Whatever happened to using the force to fling a coke can at someone? Some interactive environments would really help."

I disagree with most of your post, mostly because I think combat doesn't matter in a RPG game, but this force push thing is where I agree with you.

Never understood how come I couldn't lift a locker from the ground and toss it at my enemies.

- Yahtzee

#53 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:51 AM

Just passing through (saw the movie and began searching for KotOR 3)

I'd like to see the dev tools be able to look at the story for plot holes for faster release of titles (as well as script engine licensing if it can be unique/useful enough).

I'd like to see the core story of part 3 exist over 2-3 titles (released in 2 month increments)
---user files/character are exported to the newer releases
---when revisiting previous worlds, rewards/consequences sometimes apply
---companions characters carry over (as well as the development of each character--nostalgia-deaths-sacrifice-etc; but don't make it too obvious), exercise the potential of newer characters in part 3/II and 3/III.
---instead of provoking character/storyline changes in companions, have my companions invoke character development in my character
---if there's 3 releases, end part 2 in (in the game)--> I want to lose; make me work for it emotionally (not in a futile manner), make me care, and then like a fist full of sand, let it slip through my fingers (beginning of part 3 recompensates me, so don't worry about it).

Comparing KotOR 2 to 1. The choice of textures were more bland, the architecture was weak (sub-text--couldn't see the pride of the architect in either aesthetics or pride) and didn't feel to have a historic/personal history, the environments all had a very similar feel (sub-text), (perhaps) in trying to be different from the first- companion personalities were over-complex and over-specialized.

(For part 2, I don't know what I did but somehow I think I missed 3/4's of the story, I concentrated heavily on companion development, it mostly went nowhere (that wasn't obvious when I first met them), and the it ended).

#54 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:53 AM

Just passing through (saw the movie and began searching for KotOR 3)

I'd like to see the dev tools be able to look at the story for plot holes for faster release of titles (as well as script engine licensing if it can be unique/useful enough).

I'd like to see the core story of part 3 exist over 2-3 titles (released in 2 month increments)
    ---user files/character are exported to the newer releases
    ---when revisiting previous worlds,  rewards/consequences sometimes apply
    ---companions characters carry over (as well as the development of each character--nostalgia-deaths-sacrifice-etc; but don't make reminders too obvious), exercise the potential of newer characters in part 3/II and 3/III.
    ---instead of provoking character/storyline changes in companions, have my companions invoke character development in my character
    ---if there's 3 releases, end part 2 in (in the game)--> I want to lose; make me work for it emotionally (not in a futile manner), make me care, and then like a fist full of sand, let it slip through my fingers (beginning of part 3 recompensates me, so don't worry about it).

Comparing KotOR 2 to 1. The choice of textures were more bland, the architecture was weak (sub-text--couldn't see the pride of the architect in either aesthetics or pride) and didn't feel to have a historic/personal history,  the environments all had a very similar feel (sub-text), (perhaps) in trying to be different from the first- companion personalities were over-complex and over-specialized.

(For part 2, I don't know what I did but somehow I think I missed 3/4's of the story, I concentrated heavily on companion development, it mostly went nowhere (that wasn't obvious when I first met them), and the it ended).

View Post

#55 Darth_Myronius

Darth_Myronius
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:30 AM

The combat is just fine but they need to put in more feats we WILL use! They should also take out some upgrade items cuz putting a lightsaber crystal that does -1 or -2 and nothing else except make it keen (whatever that changes) won't be used by the player. Also some lightsaber colors should be taken out silver and cyrian do the same thing. Of course, a large improvment would be a more... epic story.

I've even got a story for the start:

The game starts on your home planet (an unknown one, not in the republic). You are a kid who lives with his/her parents. Eventually, while going back home, a republic ship (which are no longer arrow-shaped) crashes near you. That ship was attacked by the true sith which means the invasion has started and revan AND the exile were captured and have failed but not without a googd fight. That scene will be a dream you have before the crash. The republic ship is still operational and has a few starfighters left unscraped. Then starts the ``Episode-1`` part where you, a normal kid, destroy the main sith ship like little Anikin. The republic ship actually thanks you by taking you to be trained by the New Jedi Order on Coruscant which the true sith have not invaded yet because they just started the invasion.

The rest of your life goes on like you probably thought it would go: you become a Jedi and have your first mission assigned. You have to rescue Revan and while you do that, you discover the Sith have made an evil space station that can swipe a planet of the force (strange mix of the Death Star and the Star forge) using the Exile's strength.

During the game, you make friends with the mandalorians who come help you destroy th evil space station while the republic who is clearly losing because of it's poorly trained army is trying to retreat.

P.S.:u can be an alien.I'm also new so give me a chance.

Edited by Darth_Myronius, 10 June 2005 - 09:52 AM.

#56 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 03:45 PM

The combat is just fine but they need to put in more feats we WILL use! They should also take out some upgrade items cuz putting a lightsaber crystal that does -1 or -2 and nothing else except make it keen (whatever that changes) won't be used by the player.

keen increases the chance of a critical strike from natural roll of twenty, to 17-19 to roll...coupled with critical strike feat and the right lightsabre form, you can inflict triple damage on some hits...

keen crystals and the much better keen improved beam gem lenses allow you to create the MOST powerful lightsabres in the game...200+ damage in a single strike! :o :o :o

(jedi weapon master/marauder)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#57 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:43 PM

Starting from the beginning, KotOR I was my first and only RPG and I had no idea what to expect and was completely swept away. No research, no reading, somebody just handed my their CD's and said you have to try it. Being a FPS fan, it took me awhile to realize why shots where going around corners when it should ought not. Note, I bought the game after I decided I was playing it through.

After awakening on Taris and first exiting the apartments to the Upper City South I was awe struck in seeing a block of a thriving city, ships or simply hearing their engines, a sky and cityscape, people walking around and all to perfectly suited SW music. In and (ignorantly) assuming that every person I saw had some type of background story was probably the best and most unique experience I've ever had in a game... I honestly felt anonymous, like it didn't all revolve around me.

Few false doors and most barrier/map edges had either fit logically or seamlessly into content and progression of the maps, there was a definite feeling of being able to go anywhere. The occasional humor sometimes had me laughing out loud. Having the past of the NPC's come back to either haunt them or find some type of character resolution added to the assumptions of depth. The major plot twist leveled me, invoking an emotional response that was more similar to a good book rather then a movie, I honestly didn't have a clue.

What I didn't care for was the ending on the star forge. It reverted the game back to a FPS styled spam of always spawning baddies with an end level boss.

What I liked about KotOR II, The combat situations were greatly developed from part one with my favorites being either Khoonda, the Palace or the final fight with Darth Traya (although I liked the ending with Sion). The new buffs were well thought out and could easily turn the tide in some of the larger battles. NPC/character history and development was more intriguing but conversations sometimes led no where. Revisiting past haunts on Dantooine and Korriban.

As far as video games go, Knights of the Old Republic are both great titles. IMO, the first was better because of the simpler, straight forward story (the technology was used to tell a story rather then the story revolving around the use of newer technology). The environments were a bit too sterile (every kid has a place that he/she knows very well (where they hung out at one point or another, we all pass these areas daily without a second thought. The first had that feeling, the second did not).

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either game and I can't stress enough on how the music adds to the overall experience.

#58 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 11 June 2005 - 11:24 PM

The combat is just fine but they need to put in more feats we WILL use! They should also take out some upgrade items cuz putting a lightsaber crystal that does -1 or -2 and nothing else except make it keen (whatever that changes) won't be used by the player. Also some lightsaber colors should be taken out silver and cyrian do the same thing. Of course, a large improvment would be a more... epic story.

I've even got a story for the start:

The game starts on your home planet (an unknown one, not in the republic). You are a kid who lives with his/her parents. Eventually, while going back home, a republic ship (which are no longer arrow-shaped) crashes near you. That ship was attacked by the true sith which means the invasion has started and revan AND the exile were captured and have failed but not without a googd fight. That scene will be a dream you have before the crash. The republic ship is still operational and has a few starfighters left unscraped. Then starts the ``Episode-1`` part where you, a normal kid, destroy the main sith ship like little Anikin. The republic ship actually thanks you by taking you to be trained by the New Jedi Order on Coruscant which the true sith have not invaded yet because they just started the invasion.

The rest of your life goes on like you probably thought it would go: you become a Jedi and have your first mission assigned. You have to rescue Revan and while you do that, you discover the Sith have made an evil space station that can swipe a planet of the force (strange mix of the Death Star and the Star forge) using the Exile's strength.

During the game, you make friends with the mandalorians who come help you destroy th evil space station while the republic who is clearly losing because of it's poorly trained army is trying to retreat.

P.S.:u can be an alien.I'm also new so give me a chance.

View Post

Silver is silver and cyrian is some kind of blue as far as I remember..? I think I even have a save game if you don't believe me :D

- Yahtzee

#59 Myridonius

Myridonius
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:07 AM

The combat is just fine but they need to put in more feats we WILL use! They should also take out some upgrade items cuz putting a lightsaber crystal that does -1 or -2 and nothing else except make it keen (whatever that changes) won't be used by the player.

keen increases the chance of a critical strike from natural roll of twenty, to 17-19 to roll...coupled with critical strike feat and the right lightsabre form, you can inflict triple damage on some hits...

keen crystals and the much better keen improved beam gem lenses allow you to create the MOST powerful lightsabres in the game...200+ damage in a single strike! :o :o :o

(jedi weapon master/marauder)

View Post

So that's what it's supposed to do... Still, there are some armor reinforcements I never used until I realized they could do sooo much if you're high-leveled.

#60 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 02:10 PM

So that's what it's supposed to do... Still, there are some armor reinforcements I never used until I realized they could do sooo much if you're high-leveled.

View Post

don't bother with high dex at ALL...invest in skills to get energy immunity overlay AND underlay...blocking 60% of all blasters and lightsabres makes armor class useless.. :devil:
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...