Photo

WHEN KOTOR3?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Lanky

Lanky
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 01:54 AM

I think it'll come too, just wondering who's the developer will be. I doubt Bioware will have its hands in it though. Not sure about OE.

And if its still based on the same graphics engine and with the same type of crap ending like K2? I'm sorry to say, I won't be buying the game.

View Post

OE will for sure. This was said by James Henley a Designer at bioware

Aaaalright, just to set the record straight...BioWare did not develop KotOR 2. Obsidian Entertainment did. Additionally, BioWare is highly unlikely to develop KotOR 3, what with the new intellectual properties we are busy developing (ie. Jade Empire, Dragon Age).

#22 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:26 AM

I think it'll come too, just wondering who's the developer will be. I doubt Bioware will have its hands in it though. Not sure about OE.

And if its still based on the same graphics engine and with the same type of crap ending like K2? I'm sorry to say, I won't be buying the game.

View Post

I find it rather ironic that people will class KOTOR's graphics engine as dated, but at the same time, refuse to let go of their vastly underpowered PS2s.

I would hope that KOTOR 3 will be developed for the Xbox's successor, but knowing Lucas Arts, they might be tempted to recycled the same graphics engine yet again and bring the next game to Xbox audiences instead. It all depends on what they see as the most profitable move for all concerned.

Remember, when the next generation consoles arrive, games will either take twice as long to develop or will require triple the staff to develop them... or both, especially now that graphics are veering closer and closer to phot-realism. What would you do in that situation?

A lot of consumers seem to buy anything branded with the Stars Wars liscence, anyway.

Personally, I think that Obsidian did an excellent job of continuing the story that BioWare started. If KOTOR 2 was rushed out to meet the Christmas 2004 deadline, the quality of the game wouldn't have suffered even half as much.

#23 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:28 AM

If KOTOR 2 was rushed out to meet the Christmas 2004 deadline, the quality of the game wouldn't have suffered even half as much.

View Post

Sorry, I meant if it wasn't rushed out...

#24 Lanky

Lanky
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:34 PM

Obsidian has said that their next game isnīt a sequel. So it looks like another will join the kotor making group
http://forums.obsidi...pic=32776&st=15

#25 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:50 PM

Obsidian has said that their next game isnīt a sequel. So it looks like another will join the kotor making group
http://forums.obsidi...pic=32776&st=15

View Post

Let's hope they get a decent developer anyways.

If Obsidians next game isn't a sequel, perhaps it's a prequel? Maybe BGIII? :rolleyes:
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#26 adrich81

adrich81
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:37 AM

I'm not sure what I'd make of Obsidian doing BG3. Baldurs Gate blew me away when it came out - really redefined pc-rpgs for me. Baldurs Gate 2 took it a stage further for me - I have to put that down as my number 1 game. From this perspective Obsidian have an uphill struggle as after such a long delay the fans will expect something incredible. Sith Lords had the potential to be a good game, but Obsidian didn't deliver. It had a lot of cut content and was very buggy. How much of this was down to pressure from LucasArts is open to debate... Worst fear is that they will release it as a console game :o

#27 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:46 AM

I'm not sure what I'd make of Obsidian doing BG3.  Baldurs Gate blew me away when it came out - really redefined pc-rpgs for me.  Baldurs Gate 2 took it a stage further for me - I have to put that down as my number 1 game.  From this perspective Obsidian have an uphill struggle as after such a long delay the fans will expect something incredible.  Sith Lords had the potential to be a good game, but Obsidian didn't deliver.  It had a lot of cut content and was very buggy.  How much of this was down to pressure from LucasArts is open to debate...  Worst fear is that they will release it as a console game  :o

View Post

Ļ
BG3 will be made for sure, and only to PC, and from my point of view, Obsidian would be the obvious choice, and the best makers for certain.

I first and foremost care about ROLEPLAY, then combat and graphics and other misc stuff comes in second. And the Roleplay of KotOR 2 - The Sith Lords was more than enough to satisfy my needs.

I'd say that KotOR 2 is about 50% better than KotOR 1.

So I'd say Obsidian has been very good so far, and they've learned from the mistakes they made at Black Isle. And really, when will there ever be a perfect PC game? Never. Why? It's all about money, and money have a tendency to really mess things up ;)

Edited by Grunker, 21 April 2005 - 10:47 AM.

"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#28 -Mastachief709-

-Mastachief709-

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

Actually, something tells me if they took their time you wouldve heard a lot more "I wish it would hurry the hell up" instead of "I wish they took their time" statements

View Post

I to want them to get there asses moving on this game, that's y u buy it for the X-box and not the pc, pc lagsssssssssssssss lol

#29 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 12:22 AM

Dude, you must have a bad computer if KotOR lags on it...

- Yahtzee

#30 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 June 2005 - 07:26 AM

Well, we have no idea how long KOTOR 3 has been in development and May would be the perfect time to release it as a killer ap against the PS3 launch.

KOTOR 3 on Unreal 3..... :hug:

Twood be nice.

#31 jezzy101

jezzy101
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:51 AM

Let's hope they put some more effort into it and don't make you fight toys at the end again.

View Post

yeah, that was pretty annoying, it was like, massive and frustraighting, why couldn't it get to the point or put something interesting with the end part!?

#32 -Gavin-

-Gavin-

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:48 PM

Let's hope they put some more effort into it and don't make you fight toys at the end again.

View Post

I've heard solid imformation that it will be out in spring 2006, but i don't yet know for what system xbox or xbox 360

#33 -Anonymous-

-Anonymous-

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:41 AM

I think that's pushin it way to soon, if Obsidian wants to get on everyone's good side like bioware has there going to have to spend a lot of time on this one to fix the huge mistakes they made with the second....glitches, uncompleted game, cutting endings, and a ton of other problems....but i think they will make another i just think it will be a while, they havent even started on the third yet so i'm guessing maybe sometime in 2007.....

#34 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • 2328 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:58 AM

A large number of the game's faults can be attributed solely to Lucas Art's interference (especially the cut content and rushed ending), rather than Obsidian's incompetency, lack of talent, or whatever.

#35 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:09 PM

View Post

I've heard solid imformation that it will be out in spring 2006, but i don't yet know for what system xbox or xbox 360

View Post

If it's really 2006, then 90% likely the 360. I doubt that many games will even go on the xbox (1) after december. If any games are in progress during that time, they'll probably be ported to the 360 with improved graphics, etc.

And I doubt that they've been on it for awhile. Does anyone know of a game as big as KotOR that didn't advertise that they were working on a game?
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#36 -Anonymous-

-Anonymous-

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:16 PM

I've been on a few boards at Obsidian's website and there pretty on top of things there so if theres anyone who'd know more it's them....and a lot of them have confirmed that currently they ARE NOT working on a sequal at the moment....

#37 Lanky

Lanky
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:34 AM

I've been on a few boards at Obsidian's website and there pretty on top of things there so if theres anyone who'd know more it's them....and a lot of them have confirmed that currently they ARE NOT working on a sequal at the moment....

View Post

Think about this they like to have the game working a bit and know what they are doing befor they show anything. They dont wont to say things and leave it out again so the are keeping ever1 in da dark (good on ya people from winging about them not finshing things they started). So the more people winge about not here anything the more they will wait so they no there going 2 b no changes

Well thts wat i think (me think! im giving me sefl credit for something i dont do :))

#38 -Anonymous-

-Anonymous-

Posted 02 October 2005 - 03:38 PM

View Post

Think about this they like to have the game working a bit and know what they are doing befor they show anything. They dont wont to say things and leave it out again so the are keeping ever1 in da dark (good on ya people from winging about them not finshing things they started). So the more people winge about not here anything the more they will wait so they no there going 2 b no changes

Well thts wat i think (me think! im giving me sefl credit for something i dont do :))

View Post

Well, i anycase i'll be waiting with baited breath for information on the third KOTOR.....

#39 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:18 PM

A lot of people seemed to hate the endings to KotOR 2: TSL, but I seen it as the most obvious thing, part 2 of a trilogy.

*SPOILERS AHEAD* (if you havent beaten the game at least twice, why are you even on this board? :P)

The whole war against the sith empire in the unknown regions and how "If Revan is alive he will surely need warriors to help him, Jedi and Sith" and the "evil" ending having the Exile at the core (which supposedly focuses force power and can draw force sensitive people there) and the "good" ending with the ebon hawk flying into the unknown regions, its obvious that that is where the game will take place. (think of it as RotJ or RotS for KotOR).

As for it being released within Q1 or Q2 of 2006, not gonna happen. Actually, we'll be extremely lucky if they release it in 2006 at all. I forsee a Q1 or Q2 2007 release (unless lucasarts forces it out the door early again)

Personally, I dont care how long it takes for them to release it, as long as its done right. Example: Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess (yes, a bit off topic but it has some relevance) was originally due in October (or one of those Q4 months) 2005. Now its pushed back till April 06. THAT is smart game developing. Any time a game is released earlier then the original release date, you can be assured its not as good as it could have been.

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#40 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

A lot of people seemed to hate the endings to KotOR 2: TSL, but I seen it as the most obvious thing, part 2 of a trilogy.

*SPOILERS AHEAD* (if you havent beaten the game at least twice, why are you even on this board? :P)

The whole war against the sith empire in the unknown regions and how "If Revan is alive he will surely need warriors to help him, Jedi and Sith" and the "evil" ending having the Exile at the core (which supposedly focuses force power and can draw force sensitive people there) and the "good" ending with the ebon hawk flying into the unknown regions, its obvious that that is where the game will take place. (think of it as RotJ or RotS for KotOR).

As for it being released within Q1 or Q2 of 2006, not gonna happen. Actually, we'll be extremely lucky if they release it in 2006 at all. I forsee a Q1 or Q2 2007 release (unless lucasarts forces it out the door early again)

Personally, I dont care how long it takes for them to release it, as long as its done right. Example: Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess (yes, a bit off topic but it has some relevance) was originally due in October (or one of those Q4 months) 2005. Now its pushed back till April 06. THAT is smart game developing. Any time a game is released earlier then the original release date, you can be assured its not as good as it could have been.

Yeah, I agree that the ending is much criticized without real reason as it is the 2nd part of a trilogy, like you said. Although, I would have liked to see the NPC vs. NPC scenes on Malachor V and other cut content, that's why I'm looking forward to the restoration pack. As for KotOR III, you're right about it not likely coming out this year at all, since we've seen what a disaster KotOR II was when done in a rush, so I doubt Lucas Arts is going to pull that off again. I'd bet 2007 as well. Yea, delaying games is annoying, I admit, but can lead to very positive results, which is why I don't complain when Bethesda delayed TES IV: Oblivion to this year... it won't be long anyway until it's out. ^_^