• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

Living on Wings of Dreams

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:13 AM

No, you need the a save prior before him leaving. Will give you the answer in little over 6 hours... then I am home again ;). You need to set one a two globals to different values in order for dialogue to be impossible to trigger... You cannot check anymore what happens if Kido leaves... because something happened that should not have happend, a check for a global and (in this case) more important if you killed the cleric already (and thus started the quest), perhaps I forgot to add that two the block making him leave, so it will be an easy fix, but stilll...

[edit] By the way it is a child. You have three possible targets ;)

Edited by Deathsangel, 15 May 2006 - 01:14 AM.

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.
However, as we all know, Evil never really sleeps.

Sentences marking (my) life:

Winds of change... Endure them, and in Enduring grow Stronger
It takes a fool to look for logic in a man's heart
Never question the sanity of the insane
The Harmony of Life is Chaos

(1st march 2009) SHS women over me:
Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly
Noctalys: you are adorable :P

~~ I love it, and I am humbled! Yay! ~~

#42 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:22 AM

Okay, I am home and as such I looked the following up

There is the following code

IF
Global("Kidopersonalquest","GLOBAL",1)
AreaCheck("AR0408")
Dead("SLILMATS")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Kidopersonalquest","GLOBAL",2)
CreateCreature("Dolf",[-1.-1],0)
MoveViewObject("Dolf",INSTANT)
ActionOverride("Dolf",FaceObject("DKido"))
END

For people who don't understand coding. The first for lines indicate that if Kido's quest started and if in the area of cleric temple and the cleric is dead, Dolf will appear and the global is set one forward. Well since your quest continued Sepiroth this should have happened SetGlobal("Kidopersonalquest","GLOBAL",2)

Now, Kido ought to complain after 8 hours in game after receiving the quest he wants to do it, you can prolong this for another 4 hours, but then this will come up

IF
GlobalTimerExpired("nowdokpq","GLOBAL")
Global("Kiwantsdoquest","GLOBAL",5)
See(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Kiwantsdoquest","GLOBAL",6)
FaceObject(Player1)
Dialog(Player1)
END

This triggers the leaving dialogue, but is can be seen between the IF and THEN stands this Global("Kidopersonalquest","GLOBAL",1), meaning this should be valid before the trigger hits. Now that can not be for you ought to have killed the cleric before the quest continues.

Thus the big question Sepiroth, what is status of the Global Kidopersonalquest? If that is beyond 1 there is something really strange going on... I will add an extra check to see if the cleric was killed, but that should actually be covered by this global...

Still modding the Mod for the Wicked... It is a big project you know... And I got sidetracked (several times) a bit... sorry.

Kat: if there were more guys that looked like you out here, people's offspring wouldnt be so damn ugly

#43 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:13 PM

Okay, I am home and as such I looked the following up

There is the following code

IF
AreaCheck("AR0408")
Dead("SLILMATS")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Kidopersonalquest","GLOBAL",2)
CreateCreature("Dolf",[-1.-1],0)
MoveViewObject("Dolf",INSTANT)
ActionOverride("Dolf",FaceObject("DKido"))
END

For people who don't understand coding. The first for lines indicate that if Kido's quest started and if in the area of cleric temple and the cleric is dead, Dolf will appear and the global is set one forward. Well since your quest continued Sepiroth this should have happened SetGlobal("Kidopersonalquest","GLOBAL",2)

Now, Kido ought to complain after 8 hours in game after receiving the quest he wants to do it, you can prolong this for another 4 hours, but then this will come up

IF
GlobalTimerExpired("nowdokpq","GLOBAL")
Global("Kiwantsdoquest","GLOBAL",5)
See(Player1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Kiwantsdoquest","GLOBAL",6)
FaceObject(Player1)
Dialog(Player1)
END

This triggers the leaving dialogue, but is can be seen between the IF and THEN stands this Global("Kidopersonalquest","GLOBAL",1), meaning this should be valid before the trigger hits. Now that can not be for you ought to have killed the cleric before the quest continues.

Thus the big question Sepiroth, what is status of the Global Kidopersonalquest? If that is beyond 1 there is something really strange going on... I will add an extra check to see if the cleric was killed, but that should actually be covered by this global...

Just checked, Kidopersonalquest is set to 4

Knowledge is power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be evil.

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#44 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:10 PM

Now that is really weird because Kido will only leave if his KidoPersonalQuestGlobal is set to 1 and the timers have expired.

The only difference I see between Deathangel's files and my own is syntax in the .tp2. And I don't know if WeiDu/BiggDu is case sensitive.

My .tp2 - I have this on one of the lines
WRITE_ASCII ("%actor%" + 0x80) ~SLILMATS~

He has: WRITE_ASCII ("%actor%" + 0x80) ~SLIlMATS~

I don't know if a lower case "L" would make a big difference. The Death Variables match in both our creatures.

Second Questions since this just caused the same problem - did Habib appear in the Illmater Slums temple when you were doing the quest?

Edited by Diana, 15 May 2006 - 02:59 PM.

#45 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

Habib being the idiot who throws the scimitar? No, he did not appear there.

Btw, Kidopersonalquest is set to 4 *before* bringing the sacrifice to the temple, but after killing the cleric of ilmater who resided there originally. After bringing the sacrifice (I checked that too just recently) it is set to 14

Minsc: You do not seem like a Sarevok to me. Too much humble, not enough "RARRRRGH, Feel my unholy rage."

#46 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:51 AM

@Sepiroth
Then according to the globals you are doing fine, as 14 stands for everything done (so yes I check a lot of things which can change the global, but it is okay), but the ritual and you have met the conditions to be able to bestowed the blessing (and what that all is you have to find out ;)) That one conversation should just not come up, as kidopersonalquest global does transcend. It is a really weird bug and perhaps a 1 time only thing, for it seems the coding is okay... In order to rescue your game put the global Kiwantsdoquest to a number that Kido shouldn't recoginise like 7 or something weird and hope that stops the conversation from rolling, as for some reason in your game it seems to skip the condition that Kidopersonalquest should be at 1.

So SetGlobal("Kiwantsdoquest","GLOBAL",7) in CLUAConsole and Kido should not walk away anymore.

@Diana
I will change the .tp2, but I think it shouldn't matter.

Edited by Deathsangel, 16 May 2006 - 12:58 AM.

#47 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:15 AM

Thanks, I'll be sure to do that. Also, on a side note, when the child is about to be sacrificed and Dolf tells her thats what is going to happen, he says Sacrificied. Nothing major, just small grammatical error. If I find anything else, I'll be sure to let you know

#48 Diana

Diana
  • Modder
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:52 AM

@ Sephiroth. When this leaving stuff happened after you killed the Ilmater cleric, had Kido been in the party 5 days? If so, then I think I may have a clue as to what is causing this.

#49 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:15 PM

@Diana: No, he had not.

Anyways tho, new bug to report. In ToB, directly after a banter between nalia and kido, I got this error, and then it preceeded to crash my game, twice (the 3rd time i paused right after getting the error and it didnt crash right away, so i wrote it down)

Warning:Too few Paramaters:ChangeAlignment(Chaotic_Neutral)LineNumber:2
Special Case: Chaotic_Neutral Not Found. Check for proper brackets. Line Number:2
Too few Parameters Line Number:2

#50 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:03 AM

@Diana: No, he had not.

Anyways tho, new bug to report. In ToB, directly after a banter between nalia and kido, I got this error, and then it preceeded to crash my game, twice (the 3rd time i paused right after getting the error and it didnt crash right away, so i wrote it down)

Warning:Too few Paramaters:ChangeAlignment(Chaotic_Neutral)LineNumber:2
Special Case: Chaotic_Neutral Not Found. Check for proper brackets. Line Number:2
Too few Parameters Line Number:2

Hm... I know to where this points at and I think I know how to fix it. This particular sequence was already in there in 3.3, guess no one tried for the ... :twisted: . [edit] -> Indeed got it fixed, it was as I assumed

You're playing quick by the way ;)

On the other bug... tried in my game. One time I had it, one time I didn't... there is really something weird going on...

Edited by Deathsangel, 19 May 2006 - 08:06 AM.

#51 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:27 AM

Another one for ToB.

After appearing in Saradush and taking out the soldiers, Melissan speaks (as normal). During the conversation tho, it seemed like it was cut off prematurely (I would have to uninstall Kido to see if it went further then that for sure). Either way tho, after the conversation, the fireball does NOT come down and kill the guy (the one you can ressurect or scare off his kid). This also makes it impossible to even start the "enemy at the gates" quest, and altho its still possible to make it into Gromnir's castle, once I was in the throne room I had the same conversation with Melissan about 4 times, and then another one after the battle.

#52 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:27 AM

First of all, I probably found the culprit of the other bug you reported

Another one for ToB.

After appearing in Saradush and taking out the soldiers, Melissan speaks (as normal). During the conversation tho, it seemed like it was cut off prematurely (I would have to uninstall Kido to see if it went further then that for sure). Either way tho, after the conversation, the fireball does NOT come down and kill the guy (the one you can ressurect or scare off his kid). This also makes it impossible to even start the "enemy at the gates" quest, and altho its still possible to make it into Gromnir's castle, once I was in the throne room I had the same conversation with Melissan about 4 times, and then another one after the battle.

That wasn't reported last time and it was in there for sure... I have absolutly no clue why you get a conversation in Gromnir's castle... :wacko:
Okay, what happens precisely? If everything goes correct. Kido ought to interject and you get a few responses to him along these lines (without to much coding in there):

EXTEND_BOTTOM SARMEL01 16
IF ~InParty("DKido") See("DKido")~ THEN EXTERN KIDOJ25 whatisnew
END

K: What else is new? There is always some mad opponent we must bring down. It is good you have me in the party <CHARNAME>. You must fight fire with fire!

Response 1: Such a betrayal is worthy of death! -> continue conversation
Response 2: I should break down the castle walls and slay this Gromnir for his cowardice! -> continue conversation
Response 3 (player male): Kido, shut up! I want to hear what Melissan has to say. -> kidonotrustme
Response 4 (player not male): Kido, shut up! I want to hear what Melissan has to say. -> kidonotrustme2
Response 5:  I like this Gromnir's style! And yours of course as well, Kido. -> continue conversation

kidonotrustme
Kido: You only know her for a few minutes. Don't start giving away your secrets already. I would be careful around one, whom you just met, that already knows so many of you before you know a lot about them. Perhaps your hormones are working overtime.  -> continue conversation

kidonotrustme2
Kido: You only know her for a few minutes. Don't start giving away your secrets already. I would be careful around one, whom you just met, that already knows so many of you before you know a lot about them. Or is this a girl-thing I do not get? -> continue conversation

I probably coded it up wrong, but I need to know what you see from this. It might just be the very beginning (the coding part you see) and then the entire block should just drop or else somewhere else. So where does it stop?

I need to look into this and here I was thinking I had Kido v4.1 almost finished (which for one nice things does show the animation effects during the cutscenes :doh:)

Edited by Deathsangel, 22 May 2006 - 10:40 AM.

#53 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:03 PM

Never got that far in the conversation. I'm pretty sure it gets cut off right before Kido would interject with that (and then be able to reply to Melissan with that)

#54 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 01:01 PM

Sepiroth in order to know if the type of coding is false I need to know the following. Did you see this:

EXTEND_BOTTOM AMTGEN01 0
IF ~InParty("DKido") See("DKido")~ THEN EXTERN KIDOJ25 hidege
END

CHAIN
IF ~InParty("DKido") See("DKido")~ THEN KIDOJ25 hidege
 ~Well, hello dear general Tombelthen. How are the wife and kids?~
 == AMTGEN01
~Kido! You are an exiled one and it is forbidden for you to come here. Leave, I have enough trouble as it is!~
 == KIDOJ25
 ~But I travel within the company of <CHARNAME>. I am afraid I shall not leave. I can not leave. Now, tell us what gives you such a headache, dear dear general.~
 == AMTGEN01
 ~That concerns your friend, <CHARNAME>. Though I do not mind that you are within (PRO_HISHER> company. Today we will get rid of two violators of the Tethyrian law that way.~ 
END
 IF ~ReputationGT(Player1,14)~ THEN REPLY ~What?! I, a violator of the law?! What crimes have I committed?!  I've done nothing wrong!~ EXTERN AMTGEN01 1
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Exactly what crimes am I being accused of, here?!~ EXTERN AMTGEN01 1
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Is there to be a trial?  May I defend myself?~ EXTERN AMTGEN01 2
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I don't expect you to understand what I'm about, general.~ EXTERN AMTGEN01 1
 IF ~ReputationLT(Player1,5)~ THEN REPLY ~Bah! Your army will have no better luck bringing me in than any other!~ EXTERN AMTGEN01 1

Might just need to make this I_C_T's interjecting into the correct lines. I don't know why I once did it like this, for this is normally when adding a response and then via a NPC. Just need to know. If you missed it. I'll fix both and get Kido version 4.1 out. If not I really need to look deep into this.

#55 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Destroyer of Worlds

• 139 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:56 AM

Sepiroth in order to know if the type of coding is false I need to know the following. Did you see this:

EXTEND_BOTTOM AMTGEN01 0
IF ~InParty("DKido") See("DKido")~ THEN EXTERN KIDOJ25 hidege
END

CHAIN
IF ~InParty("DKido") See("DKido")~ THEN KIDOJ25 hidege
 ~Well, hello dear general Tombelthen. How are the wife and kids?~
 == AMTGEN01
~Kido! You are an exiled one and it is forbidden for you to come here. Leave, I have enough trouble as it is!~
 == KIDOJ25
 ~But I travel within the company of <CHARNAME>. I am afraid I shall not leave. I can not leave. Now, tell us what gives you such a headache, dear dear general.~
 == AMTGEN01
 ~That concerns your friend, <CHARNAME>. Though I do not mind that you are within (PRO_HISHER> company. Today we will get rid of two violators of the Tethyrian law that way.~ 
END
 IF ~ReputationGT(Player1,14)~ THEN REPLY ~What?! I, a violator of the law?! What crimes have I committed?!  I've done nothing wrong!~ EXTERN AMTGEN01 1
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Exactly what crimes am I being accused of, here?!~ EXTERN AMTGEN01 1
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~Is there to be a trial?  May I defend myself?~ EXTERN AMTGEN01 2
 IF ~~ THEN REPLY ~I don't expect you to understand what I'm about, general.~ EXTERN AMTGEN01 1
 IF ~ReputationLT(Player1,5)~ THEN REPLY ~Bah! Your army will have no better luck bringing me in than any other!~ EXTERN AMTGEN01 1

Might just need to make this I_C_T's interjecting into the correct lines. I don't know why I once did it like this, for this is normally when adding a response and then via a NPC. Just need to know. If you missed it. I'll fix both and get Kido version 4.1 out. If not I really need to look deep into this.

No I didnt see it. The general had 1 line of dialogue and then went hostile. Also, in Amkethran, when talking to Balthazar, his dialogue was cut short as well, and he ends up just standing there. Afterwards, I tried talking to him again, and he had his speech of how Melissan recruited him into the 5 and such (the dialogue he would have if you were about to fight him).

#56 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:54 AM

Hm... I thought I fixed Balthazar, according to my IE the dialogue should just continue, but okay I'll let him interject in another way. Hope that helps. I think I know the solution for Mellisan and our general I believe. Can't test it though... I do not have the time at the moment. Just have to hear if the mistakes are still there with version 4.1 ;)

Edited by Deathsangel, 01 June 2006 - 02:04 AM.

#57 -Lisa-

-Lisa-

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:24 PM

Hm... I thought I fixed Balthazar, according to my IE the dialogue should just continue, but okay I'll let him interject in another way. Hope that helps. I think I know the solution for Mellisan and our general I believe. Can't test it though... I do not have the time at the moment. Just have to hear if the mistakes are still there with version 4.1 ;)

I just had this Balthazar problem, as well. I had to uninstall Kido, talk to Balthazar and then reinstall Kido. It worked fine when I did that. Although I think I read I could have just killed Kido to make it work. Other than that it has worked very well.

You've created a great mod. Thanks!!! :D

#58 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 02:54 AM

I just had this Balthazar problem, as well. I had to uninstall Kido, talk to Balthazar and then reinstall Kido. It worked fine when I did that. Although I think I read I could have just killed Kido to make it work. Other than that it has worked very well.

Is this version 4.1 or version 4, if 4 then.... [cencored language] that Balthazar!. Reckon I'll code it up to let Kido speak after the PC is done with Balthazar.... Kido version 4.2, right?

I'm glad to hear.

Edited by Deathsangel, 23 October 2006 - 02:56 AM.

#59 -Lisa-

-Lisa-

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:54 AM

Is this version 4.1 or version 4, if 4 then.... [cencored language] that Balthazar!. Reckon I'll code it up to let Kido speak after the PC is done with Balthazar.... Kido version 4.2, right?

I'm glad to hear.

It was definitely the newest version.

Another problem I forgot to tell you, was back in SoA when we confront Neb, Kido says something about his head making a nice trophy, and then he would go hostile on me. We killed him (Kido) and when we resurrected him he was still hostile. I had to reload and leave him outside of the house for it to work.

#60 Deathsangel

Deathsangel

• Modder
  • 3089 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 02:05 AM

It was definitely the newest version.

Another problem I forgot to tell you, was back in SoA when we confront Neb, Kido says something about his head making a nice trophy, and then he would go hostile on me. We killed him (Kido) and when we resurrected him he was still hostile. I had to reload and leave him outside of the house for it to work.

Oh, that neb problem is easy to fix and guess I have to change the Balthazar comment. Kido version 4.2... well as soon as internet is working I guess...

[edit] I still need to add the comment though that Kido probably finds it an enervating experience... being killed and resurrected. Too bad I don't know how to code it up... I don't think you can check for recently cast spells on a person.

Edited by Deathsangel, 24 October 2006 - 02:07 AM.